Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2012, 13:22   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

THe gas struts were designed to hold only the weight of the boot hatch. The added weight of the speakers was never part of the design. As the gas struts got older their capacity was derated and hence are unable to hold the boot hatch and speakers anymore.
Yes I agree. Guy who installed the speakers told the same thing. But I went ahead as I wanted more boot space. Now the only problem is one or the other screws in the boot keep loosing out and start making noises. I have learnt to live with that now.
Old 16th June 2012, 17:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Can Speakers damage the Boot Lock?

DEJAVU!!

check out my garage pics. 2002 Alto LX, rear speakers same position - same issue of lock getting misaligned! Lots of trial errors, dampers changed finally sold the car - no, not because of this, but moved on to a sedan. But never could find the cause of this issue! Always take a hammer and screwdriver, bang-turn-bang-turn and problem gone for few months!
Old 19th June 2012, 09:50   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Yes I agree. Guy who installed the speakers told the same thing. But I went ahead as I wanted more boot space. Now the only problem is one or the other screws in the boot keep loosing out and start making noises. I have learnt to live with that now.
Youy dont have to. If your hatch panel (where your speakers are attached) is removeable and you can access the back side of it then you can use a lock nut. This will secure your speaker for longer.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 09:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

In my Santro, gas struts for dickey door is not functioning. The door falls back to closed position.

Can the gas struts be repaired or only be replaced?
Old 6th April 2018, 09:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
In my Santro, gas struts for dickey door is not functioning. The door falls back to closed position.

Can the gas struts be repaired or only be replaced?
No need to repair them they are not that expensive. Please go for replacement option.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks