Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2006, 05:54   #16
BANNED

I've heard that the new generation stereos have stealth modes built into them to defeat thieves.

What are these "stealth modes" ?
Old 16th April 2006, 13:01   #17
BHPian

Once again a nice piece of information from Gunbir.

thankfully my whole system is installed in discreet way.My amp+subw in box cant be seen from outside and i always remove the face plate when not driving[even at night at home].When out of station,i usually keep a small towel over dashborad to hide DIN.

Quote:
Most entry level systems are more of central locking systems and less of alarm systems. Spend a couple of thousand more and get a higher model which can have a ultrasonic movement sensor. While all systems cover the doors, boot and dicky, sensors like ultrasonics ensure that theres an alarm even if none of the doors were opened...
Off topic but gunbir can u advise me best key-less central locking system with all sensors u mentioned as my getz has manual CLS?
Old 16th April 2006, 14:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Well, let me tell you guys something you dont know.
For sure!! Your article did educate me about a few things like the pull contact sensor....

MODSSSSSSS, imho Gunbir's article needs to be re-posted as a new thread and made into a sticky for future referance.
Old 16th April 2006, 22:32   #19
BHPian

Mithun, if somebody gets into your car and REALLY wants to steal your system, IMO he can. (Unless it is in a safe) :-)
Old 16th April 2006, 22:43   #20
BHPian

Great write up Gunbir. Very informative indeed. :-)
Old 17th April 2006, 01:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
I've heard that the new generation stereos have stealth modes built into them to defeat thieves.

What are these "stealth modes" ?

I think alpine has some HUs whose faceplates when powered off flip 180 and present a blank looking face in the front. So it seems that no system has been installed.

Gunbir may be knowing the model numbers.?
Old 17th April 2006, 11:15   #22
BHPian

hi people, nice to see a thread on secirity. But why only to consider the security of the head unit? why not the car which is much much expensive than your best HU?

Well i have this solution called Micro VBB. First of all i would want to make this clear that i am not trying to advertise this product, because i know this a discussion forum. I am just trying to highlight this product because it suits this thread.

Well this product was made by the company (Microtechnologies India Ltd) for which i used to work. They had made this product called Micro VBB, which when installed in the car, sends SMS on your mobile phone in case the car is opened (any of the doors, dicky or the engine hud) by any unasuthorized person. Morover you can switch off the engine of your car by sending a SMS(command) from anywhere in the world. And note the engine can be switched on, only after you send a SMS again from your mobile.

So i feel that this product would keep your ICE and car safe!!!
Old 17th April 2006, 12:08   #23
BHPian

How much would this SMS security system cost?
Old 17th April 2006, 13:11   #24
BHPian

this SMS system would cost about 10k to 15k
Old 17th April 2006, 15:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

Gunbir posted some nice advice (see post 16 adn 17 above). I have moved this advice to a sticky See link (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...em-secure.html) and let the thread continue.
Old 17th April 2006, 16:48   #26
aZa
Senior - BHPian

@Gunbir bhai : i wanted to know whether a "Touch sensor" is helpfull and also some Central locking systems have their own battery like AUTOCOP COBRA that use to come with hyundai i beleive, is this good or bad. Then in some newpaper reports i had read that these car theives break one of the lights and the central locking and alarm circut breaks, this is how they nullify the alarm. is this true too ?
Old 17th April 2006, 23:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Gunbir bhai : i wanted to know whether a "Touch sensor" is helpfull and also some Central locking systems have their own battery like AUTOCOP COBRA that use to come with hyundai i beleive, is this good or bad. Then in some newpaper reports i had read that these car theives break one of the lights and the central locking and alarm circut breaks, this is how they nullify the alarm. is this true too ?
Yes, a secondary backup battery is good.

Yes, some entry level systems have a single relay output that runs the turn indicators (flashers) and the siren. Removing the side indicator light cover is easy and shorting the socket is easy too. This in turn shorts the relay and disables the systems ability to trigger the siren. Most good systems are designed to work around this. If they say they have corrected this, ask the company rep to demonstrate this to you.

Also, a 'Touch sensor' is usually the Vibration Shock Sensor. This sensor has its own sensitivity setting and since in India most installers tend to think all 'pot settings' (like amp gains) are meant to be run at full, they go overboard on the sensitivity settings and make the system ultra sensitive to vibrations. So the next time bus passes your car, or a somebodys car door touches your car in the parking, your system starts blaring. The vibration sensor is meant to be set so that somebody drilling through the door lock or taking a rock to your window is detected, and not meant to be set at high enough sensitivity to become a 'touch sensor'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks