Senior - BHPian

Re: Where are the Android HU's?

Finally some traction
http://ca-fi.com/en/
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=502341
Old 14th January 2013, 19:18   #62
BHPian

I tried connecting a friend's samsung galaxy note to my Pioneer Headunit through the ipod mode, in which ipod/iphone work flawlessly,
It gave me an incompatible USB error, Can i get some help on that?
Old 17th February 2013, 23:47   #63
Senior - BHPian

Rest assured, I found this ad on T-BHP portal. But I still cannot believe my eyes.

http://www.carlounz.com/index.php/en...gn=megaandroid

Is this what they think of us ? 35K for a stupid 6.2" WVGA touch screen, 512MB DVD/VCD/ACD/DDDDDD chinese player ?

In point No.1, they say built-in Navigation (Maps not included). In the next point,

Quote:
2. NAVTEQ Map

Features:

High definition 3D visualisation for a stunning visual experience.
Green routing to save fuel, save money and save the planet
Driver alerts increase safety bt providing the driver with additional road signs.
Time sense calculates routes taking temporary restrictions into consideration, like roads closed at weekends etc.
The Smart Route Features selects the optimum route depending on day of the week and time of day .
I cannot understand this one.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 15:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Is this what they think of us ? 35K for a stupid 6.2" WVGA touch screen, 512MB DVD/VCD/ACD/DDDDDD chinese player ?
For the cost I think it will be better to get the Asteroid Smart from a reputed company. This one doesn't have an optical drive but given the connectivity options and support for various video formats, one can always go rip happy with the discs you own.
Old 11th June 2013, 23:21   #65
BHPian

I have this Pioneer HU in my Innova with bluetooth support for handsfree mobile connectivity during calls. That was a basic Sony phone. Recently, I upgraded to a Nexus 4 LG manufactured android phone. I now miss the bluetooth hands free call handling from before.

Any app for that? Or software update for my Pioneer HU (pioneer avh-p3350bt)?

Any other suggestions?

TIA.
Old 12th June 2013, 02:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
I have this Pioneer HU in my Innova with bluetooth support for handsfree mobile connectivity during calls. That was a basic Sony phone. Recently, I upgraded to a Nexus 4 LG manufactured android phone. I now miss the bluetooth hands free call handling from before.

Any app for that? Or software update for my Pioneer HU (pioneer avh-p3350bt)?

Any other suggestions?

TIA.
What is the issue..the the pioneer HU in my car, that is nearly 3 years old, works with my blackberry and Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android) phone.
Old 12th June 2013, 23:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
What is the issue..
@Buffetfan, Thank you for your question. I didnt reply earlier as I realized after reading your response that I had actually failed to state what the issue is. To get it out of the way; the issue I was facing had to do with Nexus 4 device not connecting with the Pioneer HU. I tried bluetooth, then I tried cable. HU and Nexus Bluetooth recognized each other, but didnt connect for calls. USB message was incompatible device.

Then I thought if it worked for you in a manner that it was a 'non issue' got me thinking. I delted the pairing, tried fresh using standard 0000 and voila it connected. Then, it didnt show the contacts book from phone. I made a call from HU, it immediately recognized the number and put a name to it...soon all contacts displayed...guess it was updating HU without any status displayed. It used to with my feature phone.

Long story short, thanks to your question, I got it working and am so happy. Thank you
Old 14th June 2013, 02:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post

@Buffetfan, Thank you for your question. I didnt reply earlier as I realized after reading your response that I had actually failed to state what the issue is. To get it out of the way; the issue I was facing had to do with Nexus 4 device not connecting with the Pioneer HU. I tried bluetooth, then I tried cable. HU and Nexus Bluetooth recognized each other, but didnt connect for calls. USB message was incompatible device.

Then I thought if it worked for you in a manner that it was a 'non issue' got me thinking. I delted the pairing, tried fresh using standard 0000 and voila it connected. Then, it didnt show the contacts book from phone. I made a call from HU, it immediately recognized the number and put a name to it...soon all contacts displayed...guess it was updating HU without any status displayed. It used to with my feature phone.

Long story short, thanks to your question, I got it working and am so happy. Thank you
One tip...some pioneer HU will require registering the phone (look for a registration button) before they autoconnect...instead of manually connecting everytime. And they will autoconnect to only registered devices. I have a AVH-P4200
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 12:44   #69
Team-BHP Support

Another manufacturer: http://www.dynavin.com/android.php

Where are the Android HU's?-android_ad_04.jpg

cya
R
Old 16th September 2013, 13:02   #70
BHPian

Clarion's Android HU set for India launch

Where are the Android HU's?-clarion.jpg

Android based HU's have long been in the pipeline, and it looks like Clarion is going to be the first big name to launch, and India's among the first markets set for the launch. Seems it's going to be a bit on the pricey side (I guess around 35k at launch), but let's wait and see.
Link:
http://asia.cnet.com/clarion-launche...o-62222376.htm

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th September 2013 at 15:46. Reason: Adding image
jerry can is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 13:47   #71
BHPian

Re: Clarion's Android HU set for India launch

Android actually makes a lot of sense for advanced Head Units. For a manufacturer coming from a non-smartphone/non-tablet industry, getting up a device based on Android is relatively easy. In fact, there should be more of these in the market!
Old 9th November 2014, 19:44   #72
BHPian

Smart car

Quick Note - The discussion is around what technical advances would provide most use for you specifically on indian roads like HUD(Head up displays) etc. not the small city cars by smart(c)

Internet of things is moving forward pretty quickly. Apple and android both are making strides forward to bring a more connected experience to users forward. Tesla and some german manufactures are bringing self driving cars to the not so very distant future.

So what would you say would be the most important addition to your car to make it "smarter" (for lack of a better term)

I would say better voice recognition, now talking to siri in the office or at the mall is just plain weird atleast for me so is shouting 'ok glass' on a busy street. But I can see myself talking to air in a car, no one around to judge me and if something else is in the car the know what I am doing so not that weird. And I say better cause there a voice recognition right now in a few cars but that can barely dial a phone number.

Things I would like my 'jarvis' to be able to do -
Find me the nearest empty parking space
Change to a radio channel "Tune to radio z"
Control navigation off course

A lot of these are quite possible today as well. One my goal for next year is to turn my own car a bit smatter, will see how that goes.
Old 9th November 2014, 20:24   #73
BHPian

Re: Smart car

A better head unit. Possibly with android/ios interface. Basically a Tablet on the dash board. Today's Head units on mainstream cars are horrendous and in some cases ridiculously overpriced. Classic case- Honda's AVN unit. It is crap and costs around 75000-1.5 lakhs. Classic daylight robbery.

I mean, it shouldn't be a big deal for mobile phone makers like samsung/HTC/apple to make a decent head unit with the droid interface, isn't it? I am surprised they haven't done it yet. There have been rumours of apple making head units for ferraris, so I bet its bound to happen with the mainstream cars soon enough, I think.
Old 10th November 2014, 14:14   #74
BHPian

Re: Smart car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
A better head unit. Possibly with android/ios interface. Basically a Tablet on the dash board. Today's Head units on mainstream cars are horrendous and in some cases ridiculously overpriced. Classic case- Honda's AVN unit. It is crap and costs around 75000-1.5 lakhs. Classic daylight robbery.

I mean, it shouldn't be a big deal for mobile phone makers like samsung/HTC/apple to make a decent head unit with the droid interface, isn't it? I am surprised they haven't done it yet. There have been rumours of apple making head units for ferraris, so I bet its bound to happen with the mainstream cars soon enough, I think.
Android Auto will invade the market in a couple of years. Even Apple Car Play is about to make a splash. This sector is about to see a dramatic paradigm shift. Just give it a couple of years.

For me, the best experience would be when I say "Wake up Sid, directions to Begumpet" while driving - without having to unlock my phone or press a button on the steering wheel - and have the car respond to it.
Old 13th November 2014, 17:57   #75
BHPian

Android 5 released earlier this month and with it android auto.
https://android.com/auto/
https://www.youtube.com/v/Ht8yzpIV9M0
CR-V is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks