Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:06   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Where are the Android HU's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Eagerly waiting for some w-i-p and demo pics.
I will post these in couple of days.

Quote:
Where did you buy it from? Are these readily available with retailer or need to place order and such?
Readily available from neighborhood accessory shops. I asked couple of them and got quotes for 52k-ish. Blaupunkt local office has stock, so ETA was few hours to 1 day.

Eventually had Toyota dealer install it since they matched the lowest quote.
Old 28th May 2015, 14:10   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/05...ditional-cost/

Extracts:

Want a car with Android Auto? Chevrolet probably just became your best bet: the American automotive giant just announced that 14 (fourteen, that's right) of its 2016 model year cars will get it. The really important part, though, is that 10 of those 14 will come with an Auto-compatible system even at base trim level. That's pretty outstanding.

Here are the cars, which is basically the bulk of Chevrolet's entire 2016 lineup:

Spark
Cruze
Malibu
Camaro (and Camaro Convertible)
Silverado
Silverado HD
Colorado
Impala
Volt
Corvette (and Corvette Convertible)
Tahoe
Suburban

That also means every 2016 Spark, Cruze, Camaro, Impala, Volt, Corvette, Tahoe, and Suburban sold in markets around the world will come with or get Android Auto via a future update. Yes, I know that last part is a bit less than reassuring, so let me elaborate.

The 7" system will only be available on Spark, Cruze, Malibu, Camaro (+vert), Silverado, and Silverado HD. It's worth noting Camaro currently has no release date, and the 2016 Cruze, Silverado, and Silverado HD aren't even announced yet. The 8" system shipping without Auto, though, will be available on 13 of the 14 announced models (Spark doesn't have the 8" as an option). Here's a table breaking that down. (Also of note: both systems will ship with Apple CarPlay compatibility.)

Regarding the "around the world" part, Chevrolet actually is doing something quite cool. Your country isn't on the supported list for Android Auto by the time Auto-ready cars come to market? Chevrolet doesn't mind - your car will still ship with Auto compatibility (assuming it's the 7" system), so when your country does get it (or you trick your phone into activating it somehow), your car will be ready to go. That's pretty cool.
Old 27th June 2015, 13:23   #93
BHPian

Dear Friends

Has anyone hear of Exilis India. They have introduced droidet android 4.4 based car music system.To me it looks promising and i'm thinking of replacing my innova's stock music system.There website is www.exilisindia.com and they are selling it on snapdeal.com as well.Your comments are awaited.

Regards
Old 27th July 2015, 19:10   #94
BHPian

Sorry if its a bit off-topic.

Can anyone suggest me a basic HU where the phone(Android/IPhone) can be charged using the USB cable.
My current one is an Alpine single din and it doesnt charge my phones using the USB cable.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:16   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems Caska is now coming up with Android HUs as well. Spotted this one on Aliexpress selling for 16k odd.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...46138.4.88t03N

---------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Sorry if its a bit off-topic.

Can anyone suggest me a basic HU where the phone(Android/IPhone) can be charged using the USB cable.
My current one is an Alpine single din and it doesnt charge my phones using the USB cable.
Why not get a dedicated 12v charger for the phone, if it's just charging you want.
Old 7th August 2015, 23:03   #96
BHPian

Quote:

Why not get a dedicated 12v charger for the phone, if it's just charging you want.

Its for the Brio EX MT and there is no charger slot. :(
Old 11th August 2015, 13:55   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Its for the Brio EX MT and there is no charger slot. :(
Well, you could get one fitted. But if you don't want to, I suggest you get a power bank instead (~1k). Should serve the purpose .
Old 11th August 2015, 18:19   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Well, you could get one fitted. But if you don't want to, I suggest you get a power bank instead (~1k). Should serve the purpose .
Thanks for the advices that would never have crossed my mind.

The Alpine one that comes fitted doesnt have a CD player, only an USB/Aux input. So was thnking of changing the HU with a CD player and also get a functional charger in the bargain, hence the query here.

A local accessory shop says that this should charge the phone, however they are not sure. Lets see.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blau...0-bt/603022961
Old 18th September 2015, 11:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Got the HU. I will compile a review in few weeks. Initial impressions:
A colleague got this head unit fixed on his Vento. Canbus was an additional cost required though. This was surprising as I thought a Blaupunkt would work out of the box with a German car.

How effective is the Quick Boot feature or how long does the head unit take to get a song to play from crank?

Powering up the head unit manually, using the power button and post crank, it took a good 45 seconds to get a song playing.
Old 18th September 2015, 15:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This was surprising as I thought a Blaupunkt would work out of the box with a German car.
I figured this out after purchasing the head unit. Blaupunkt is a Chinese company. It used to be part of part of Bosch, now it is owned (indirectly) by Chinese investors.

E.g.: This unit is like any other generic Chinese Android head units. I compared the Android image with other generic ones and it seems to be a replica.

This does seems to have good quality control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
How effective is the Quick Boot feature or how long does the head unit take to get a song to play from crank?
I would say "instantaneous", because I never noticed any delay. Once in few days, it will do a full boot and FM will play only by the time I am out of parking (~1 minute).
NetfreakBombay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 23:03   #101
BHPian

Quote:
E.g.: This unit is like any other generic Chinese Android head units. I compared the Android image with other generic ones and it seems to be a replica.
Hello NetfreakBombay. Hope you are having a great time with your HU. I am planning to buy a Baleno Zeta and replace the stock HU with the Blaupunkt Cape Town 940. However I am hesitant in committing to such a great expense, w/o there being any proper reviews of the system for any reference.

Can you please post a review of your experience with this HU? A video demonstration of the menus would be a great help. Also pls let us know if it is somehow possible for the average Joe to install android play store app on the system. How's the video playback? Also could you comment how the system would stack up against something like this:-

Pure android 4.4.4 Universal Car GPS Console

especially given the price difference.

Thanks in advance
Old 29th November 2015, 14:24   #102
BHPian

Quote:

I would say "instantaneous", because I never noticed any delay. Once in few days, it will do a full boot and FM will play only by the time I am out of parking (~1 minute).
Thanks for the information about Blaupunkt 940. I am looking for an upgrade from my current Caska unit in a Toyota Fortuner and am trying to decide between the 940 and Pioneer F60/70 BT. Can you share some more information on the following -
  1. Is the screen readable in sunlight ? How well does it work in terms of glare ?
  2. Does A2DP music play from smartphones work well ? It is supposed to work with multiple phones.
  3. Does contact book syncing work with smartphones ? I would like to get caller id from contact book when a call comes in.
  4. Does the navigation unit work well ? My current caska has problems muting whatever is playing during navigational instructions.
  5. Does it have direct support for a usb stick on the front panel or does it require a separate dongle / cable ?
Old 7th December 2015, 19:38   #103
BHPian

Is there any possibility to upgrade AVN in Hyundai i20 Elite(o) to Android CarPlay, few years down the line? Please pardon me if it's a stupid question. I'm a total noob in this domain.
Old 8th March 2016, 11:41   #104
BHPian

I upgraded my unit in Renault Lodgy to Cape Town 940. It has a lot of features, trying to figure out one by one.
Old 8th March 2016, 14:26   #105

@NetfreakBombay, @ehsank78
Where are the reviews??
Please include as many in use pics as you can.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks