Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2006, 16:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Man boss are crap. I had 2 of them . Now I have scrapped them.
Old 6th May 2006, 18:47   #47
BHPian

Hi people, as blueraven mentioned in his post that Earthquake caps are useless, can anyone assure this??

Moreover, he is recommending BOSS, which i know is a crap and all of you also do not suggest.

Please clear my doubt about Eathquake caps
Old 6th May 2006, 19:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound
Hi people, as blueraven mentioned in his post that Earthquake caps are useless, can anyone assure this??

Moreover, he is recommending BOSS, which i know is a crap and all of you also do not suggest.

Please clear my doubt about Eathquake caps
Neither Earthquake is good nor Boss is better maybe they are competing with each other but they are not recommended. I will suggest go for good quality cap which actually works or invest that money in upgrading other components like amps, speakers.

Last edited by Autophile : 6th May 2006 at 19:15.
Old 6th May 2006, 19:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

The world of capacitors

This is the sequence of Caps Quality

Boss/ Earthquake are below poverty line compared to some of the Amreican brands.

1) Lightning Audio (very good 1 F Caps)
2) Stinger ( Amazing 1F Caps, worth the price every bit, Stinger Expert Series)
3) Soundstream ( Very neat 5 farad Cap, I am using one)
4) Audiobahn ( Quite Resonable for the performance it gives, the 3 farad amp style cap is also pretty neat)
5) Soundstream Super capacitor ( 20 and 40 farad caps , not for avg indian systems tho)
6) God of all caps ( XStatic 800 AMPS Bat Cap, DB Drag Monster power supply )

Enjoy.

@amit_sound : Buy LA from wherever you want, but don't waste money on boss/Earthquake, If someone is fitting a cap for the sake of a cap, then Boss is ok, but not for performance. The entire product line of Earthquake we have tested, nothing seemed worth the price here.
Old 6th May 2006, 20:17   #50
BHPian

blueraven that info is of great help man!!

Cheers for you .

BTW, i have already send a PM to you.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:04   #51
BHPian

Hi,

I just came to know about GTO1504D/GTO1502D 15", JBL DVC subs. I am planning to get JBL GT4-15 15", JBL's SVC.

Which could be considered a better option DVC or SVC powered by GTO 601.1??

SAM, this one is on u!!!
Old 17th May 2006, 11:27   #52
Team-BHP Support

GT4-15 is a great sub. It will rock your boat. I have not heard the 1504 or 1502. The 1502 canbe wired to 4 ohms and the 1504 to 2 ohms. The later will produce bit more SPL the former will let the amp run cooler. more here..
http://www.jbl.com/car/products/cate...=US&region=USA

Please note that as per stricter guidlnes (thanks to the huge growth of TBHP) those who are affiliated with a brand/product are unable to post their opinions. These Pros/Gurus are welcome to post their opinoions on any brand they do not represent and any other adivce they feel will help. Also if it a head to head comparision between 2 products fromt he same brand such as the post above I dont see anything wrong in the relevant guru(s) posting their opinoon(s).

I understand that this will affect a lot of the advice we have got from Sam, Gunbir, Autopsyche, Pete, et. al. but the board was getting a lot of posts that read as " product xyz is really nice, you'll love the effect it has on the sound of your engine" or "you really gotta try product abc I feel it our best product yet" and so on. These are the types of posts we are trying to reduce.

TBHP was a bit lax in the past becuase it was a smaller family. Today we have many more members and have to try and be as transparent as we can.

As a member I too am saddened by this but as a moderator I understand the effort it takes to keep everythig straight and guidelines such as these will help. I hope all you members will understand and accomodate us.

As an ICEer I will try harder to post my opinions though I know these will in no way compensate for the loss. I appologise to all the Gurus and Pros this will affect and sincerly hope they will understand our predicament.

Last edited by navin : 17th May 2006 at 11:40.
Old 17th May 2006, 11:42   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound
Hi,

I just came to know about GTO1504D/GTO1502D 15", JBL DVC subs. I am planning to get JBL GT4-15 15", JBL's SVC.

Which could be considered a better option DVC or SVC powered by GTO 601.1??

SAM, this one is on u!!!
Thanks Navin, I do understand. I toh anyways tell everyone NOT to waste their money on all this sound-vound, ESP JBL

Amit, amongst the above choices, to be powered with the 601.1, I would chose the GT-4 15.
Old 17th May 2006, 12:12   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Amit, amongst the above choices, to be powered with the 601.1, I would chose the GT-4 15.
Amit please note that the GT4-15 is I think cheaper than the 1502 or 1504. See why I feel sad that WE have to limit opinions from all Pros (see my post above).

Sam, thanks for your understanding.
Old 17th May 2006, 12:27   #55
BHPian

Thanks for the replies sam, navin.

But i feel, by saying "SAM, this one is for you", i am not trying to disrespecting other ICEer in anyways..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks