Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2006, 23:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Which one Alpine Type X, Type R or iDMax

Sorry guys for this new thread again. Continuing for the last thread Alpine Type r or Type x. I could not decide for a 15 inchs or a 12 inchs sub. But now I have decided for a 12 inches one but again one more confusion, which one from both of these two sub

1) Alpine x-type 12 inch
2) Id Max 12 inch

I know that alpine might not be comparable to the idmax. But please recommend which u think is best for a SQL setup. As for the subs I will be drving them with a MRD-M1005. I will not be changing them soon. But for the componets I might be replacing them soon along with the amp drving them. But first the sub is on the list.

Also please tell me about the box type and volume also....
Old 13th May 2006, 01:44   #17
BHPian

I wud choose the IDmax 12 over the Alpines...
Depends on the available space u can use either a sealed enclosure or a ported enclosure.. For box volume u can refer to Vb in the tech specs of the woofer which will be available online.. Or if u have the Theil-Small parameters for the speaker then you can use a box volume calculating software to get the box volume for ported or sealed enclosure...
Cheersss..
Old 13th May 2006, 09:35   #18
Team-BHP Support

LBM, IdMax 12" x 2 will cover both SPL and SQ needs.
Old 13th May 2006, 10:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

First thanks for merging the threads. So I think I must go for the ID max. But which box to make sealed or ported as I am in a dilemma. Please recommend the ts parameter of the same are below.
Nominal Impedance (IMP)2 / 8 ohmsDC Resistance (Re)1.95 / 7.9 ohmsResonant Frequency (Fs)20 HzElectrical "Q" (Qes).404Mechanical "Q" (Qms)2.18Total "Q" (Qts).341Equivalent Volume (Vas)5.81 ft3One Way Linear (Xmax)24.6 mmCone Area (Sd)545 cm2Sensitivity (Spl)88.1 dBRMS Power Handling (Pwr)200 to 1000Speaker Displacement.12 ft3
Please experts of this fourm. We need help here......
Old 13th May 2006, 12:44   #20
Team-BHP Support

I would use Sealed as I orefer sealed in most situations. this is pure instinct. I wold suggest using a speaker program to determine accurately.
Old 13th May 2006, 15:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

what volume do u recommend. and I am using alpine mrd-m1005 amp would it be compatable to the sub..
Old 13th May 2006, 16:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

LBM, the ID Max would be a better sub than the Alpines by leaps and bounds and a few octaves too!

Both the type X and the ID Max handle the same power, but the Alpine is an insensitive b** ...erm, a female canine.

I think you own a compact. If yes, don't bother about the ported enclosure, the ID max would rattle the doors in a sealed enclosure. Use a speaker program, like Navin suggests to get the response you desire, although I think you'd be best off building the largest box that you can accomodate in your car and plonk the subs in. Maybe after that you'll start loving Gunbir and JB again!
Old 13th May 2006, 17:11   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

OK here's a no-brainer. The ID will blow the living excreta out of the Alpine.
Old 13th May 2006, 17:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

My experience with two IDMAXes in a lancer's boot... I love to watch the Neo Vs Morpheous fight training scene... the THUDDDD when he falls on the floor makes you feel as if he actually fell down on the car's roof! Oh cant tell you how much i love that setup, and the IDMaxes for that...and yes its pure SQ. Its more or less the dream setup that id like for my car

Arush
Old 13th May 2006, 17:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Maybe after that you'll start loving Gunbir and JB again!

Man there was nothing like that. It was just a discussion nothing else. Thats why this fourm is there. Any was will be looking forward to see any commnets form them about the sub because I am gonna buy them very soon. Would like to consider the box size and other parameter from all the experts out there....
Old 13th May 2006, 21:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
when he falls on the floor makes you feel as if he actually fell down on the car's roof! Oh cant tell you how much i love that setup, and the IDMaxes for that...and yes its pure SQ.
Yeah man... big wide grins!!! and with only 400w each...
Old 13th May 2006, 22:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

BOSSES>...

Does one have to factor in the speaker displacement while calculating box size ???.... I mean the physical volume of the speaker+magnet assembly .. and not the volume of air its capable of moving!

If so how is this arrived at?... or do the manufacturers specify that too as a part of the specs??
Old 13th May 2006, 22:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
BOSSES>...

Does one have to factor in the speaker displacement while calculating box size ???.... I mean the physical volume of the speaker+magnet assembly .. and not the volume of air its capable of moving!

If so how is this arrived at?... or do the manufacturers specify that too as a part of the specs??
Oh yes sir! Drive unit displacement has to be added to whatever volume you achieve if you just freshly calculated that from T-S parameters. Also, account for bracing.

If the manufacturer has given you box schematics with dimensions, then he has certainly factored in the additional volume for the driver displacement, and for some adequate bracing. If the manufacturer specifies just a volume, then he may or may not have accounted for the driver disp.

It is a bit difficult to accurately calculate a driver's displacement physically. The manufacturer would mention this in some tech sheet. But if you insist, you could re-christen your subwoofer 'Archimedes', dip it in a tub of water...and shout 'Eureka'.
Old 13th May 2006, 22:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
But if you insist, you could re-christen your subwoofer 'Archimedes', dip it in a tub of water...and shout 'Eureka'.
There you go again B&T... you are in your ELEMENTS all right!!...

JB/GUNMAN... ID10s/IDQ12's... I trust you have this covered!!...

Saw some FB work today... highly titillating!!.... lol... Wonder how all that can be factored in there!
Old 13th May 2006, 23:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

I better be in my elements. My weekend is just starting right now at 11pm on a Sat night, and it's gonna last only till tomorrow morning till I get back to work again. And I'm gonna do a Sam tonight, tank up on a few zillion bottles and figure out how to get on a horizontal basis with someone in the night!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks