Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2006, 22:40   #1
BHPian

Recommended Sub For Alpine MDR-M -1001 2000 Watt Monoblock

hello..i have the alpine mrd m 1001 monoblock amp...1250 watts running...2000 watt Max..am currently running a Audiobhan aw1200N sub and i dont like it.. can anyone suggest a good sub? and the approx price ? budget is no bar... i need to get the max out of my amp.. and this sub simply cant deliver...
the following is my config..

1. Alpine - 9855 Head unit
2. Alpine - Mrd-M 1001 - 2000 Watt Monoblock For Bass
3. Alpine Amplifier Link For Amp Control From Heatunit
4. AudioBahn - Aw1200 -- 1250 wat continious Sub ( I need a Bigger one)
5. AudioBahn 1 Farad Digital Stiffening Capacitor
6. Blaupunkt - Vpa 4120 - 1500 watt 4 Chanel Amp
7. Boston Acoustics 6.5 Components Front And Rear.
8. Complete Car is wired with Mosnter cable For Sound
9. Entire Power Wiring is Done with Monster 3000 Series Powerflex 4 Gauge wires.I have also made sure that the distance from the capacitor to any amplifier .. alpine or blaupunkt does not exeed 12 inches (1 foot) and even those cables are monster 4 gauge.
10. Optima Yellow Top Deep Cycle D34 Battery.

anyhelp will be highly highly appreciated.... thanx a lot everyone
Old 28th May 2006, 23:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

go for alpine type-x it will be a good buy it retails for about 27k.

Also if u get a nice price please let me know I am also in mood to change.....

Presently running 3000 spl pioneer they r 3000 watts max and 1000watts nominal. U can get them as cheap as 8.5 k......
Old 28th May 2006, 23:33   #3
BHPian

super... thanx lbm.. as for the alpine i am sure i can get a much better price... when i bought all this alpine stuff from the distributor... i had asked about the type-x and he had quoted me 22,000 but he didnt know when he would have them in stock here in bombay.. will call and ask him tomorrow...
.. here is a pic of my present sub and box...

[img=http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9697/image115bg.th.jpg]

thanx for everything low bass maker ur a killer help bro ....
also 1 last question to you.. the pioneer premier spl 3000 ..are you runnin them in a ported box ? and what dimensions?

thanx again bro

Last edited by Tool : 28th May 2006 at 23:34.
Old 28th May 2006, 23:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
hello..i have the alpine mrd m 1001 monoblock amp...1250 watts running...2000 watt Max..am currently running a Audiobhan aw1200N sub and i dont like it..
Tool, just so we can understand YOUR tastes better, what exactly dont you like about the Audiobahn AW. Please elaborate and mention choice in music, tracks you regularly use for testing, also what car do you have this in.

Once we know what you DONT like it will be easier suggesting you a sub.
Old 28th May 2006, 23:56   #5
BHPian

umm hey gunbir... what i dont like is that it is kinda underpowered ... what i listen to a lot is Goa psychedelic trance.. i make Goa trance.. and run 2 record labels dealing in the same aswell.. heheh that was a little bit about me.. hehehe
when i play hip hop the audiobahn kinda sounds better.. but at High BPM say 150 beats per minute.. the audiobahn just cant keep up.. and also the amount of bass is also lower as compared to hip hop..
and i have all this in a 2006 esteem..
thanx a lot for the help again gunbir

also umm all my tracks are original cd's.. or DAT masters..
Old 29th May 2006, 00:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
umm hey gunbir... what i dont like is that it is kinda underpowered ... what i listen to a lot is Goa psychedelic trance.. i make Goa trance.. and run 2 record labels dealing in the same aswell.. heheh that was a little bit about me.. hehehe
when i play hip hop the audiobahn kinda sounds better.. but at High BPM say 150 beats per minute.. the audiobahn just cant keep up.. and also the amount of bass is also lower as compared to hip hop..
and i have all this in a 2006 esteem..
thanx a lot for the help again gunbir

also umm all my tracks are original cd's.. or DAT masters..
See... this is why we ask... OK so those infected mushrooms are way too fast... Jab subwoofer hi nahi raazi toh kya karega Skazi

The Audiobahn is exactly what you dont want. The Xtype would be better but not by a great deal. You DONT want a high output SPL sub with extreme high excursion.

What you is need is a sub like the Illusion Audio ND12 or an Image Dynamics iDQ12. Or if money really is no object then the Hertz Mille 3800 (15"). All these subs have one thing in common, they are designed to be SQ subs, with light cones, strong motors and fast operation. Start / Stop / Start / Stop. They can also put out great SPL.

If you are happy with your hip hop sounding a bit weak at the bottom, go for the Illusion Audio sub. Next the Hertz Mille 15" (if you afford it) in a ported box will blow your mind. But if you want a do-it-all sub that will do the trance and hip-hop equally well, look no further than the iDQ12. You may also consider 2 subs to quench your need for SPL.

Last edited by gunbir : 29th May 2006 at 00:36.
Old 29th May 2006, 00:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
See... this is why we ask... OK so those infected mushrooms are way too fast... Jab subwoofer hi nahi raazi toh kya karega Skazi
Great line Gunbir!!!!!
Old 29th May 2006, 00:43   #8
BHPian

hey thanx a lot gunbir that was killer help...
would you happen to know the approx costs for the idq 12 and the hertz 15 that you mentioned ? i know the nd12 is around 14.000... also.. how should i mount the idq12 and the nd 12? would they be effective in a box in the boot? cause thats my present install ... i know the hertz 15 will need a box.. am looking to spend around 25k (can be pushed ).....for the sub..
thanx again bro.... .. umm dont want to put 2 subs.. would prefer a 1 Sub solution... and the problem with the nd 12 and the idq12 is that they are around 500 watts nominal.. my alpine is 1250 watt nominal... thats my only worry...
also.. dont like infected mushroom hehehehehe kindzadza all the way baby hehehehehe
thanks again bro.....

Last edited by Tool : 29th May 2006 at 00:51.
Old 29th May 2006, 00:57   #9
BHPian

also.. toolsworld@hotmail.com
my msn guys.. if anyone feels like a chat
Old 29th May 2006, 04:32   #10
BHPian

hello everyone.. umm here is a picture of my install....would not mind a 2 sub setup now... having thought about it and figured that all of these sql subs are more or less around 500 watt continous and since my alpine mrd m 1001 is 1250 watts rms continous.. so i will definately need 2 subs to get the best out of my system.. at the moment thinking of Image Dynamics idq12 .. 2 of them in a sealed box...
below is the picture of the ampls and cap .. just to give an idea of how its installed...

Last edited by Tool : 29th May 2006 at 04:38.
Old 29th May 2006, 10:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello everyone.. umm here is a picture of my install....would not mind a 2 sub setup now... having thought about it and figured that all of these sql subs are more or less around 500 watt continous and since my alpine mrd m 1001 is 1250 watts rms continous.. so i will definately need 2 subs to get the best out of my system.. at the moment thinking of Image Dynamics idq12 .. 2 of them in a sealed box...
below is the picture of the ampls and cap .. just to give an idea of how its installed...
Now that you ARE thinking of 2x 12"s... How about 3 x 12"s then.

Nice install Tool. Well aesthetically it could have been better but functionally everything is fine.
Old 29th May 2006, 10:44   #12
BHPian

hehehehe hey gunbir.. .yep... now i think i definately need 2.. hahaha you got me convinced bro
.. and thanx for the advice... now just gotta arrange 30,000 k.. need 2 idq12's and a good box...
thanx a ton again bro
also bro... 1 question.. what would you think of a dual alpine type r the 1222D .. 500 watt continous.. 1500 max... .... and i dont mean to anger you by this question bro heheh.. i know the idq12's will beat the type r into oblivion.. but just incase i have bugetery constans levied on me with me sinking my sony ericsson p 910.. damn damn damn why !!!!!!

Last edited by Tool : 29th May 2006 at 11:00.
Old 29th May 2006, 10:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the idq12 is that they are around 500 watts nominal.. my alpine is 1250 watt nominal... thats my only worry...
Man no need to worry the alpine is 1000 x 1 watts rms at 2 ohms and 14.4 volts and 700 x 1 watts rms at 2 ohms at 12 volts. So no need to worry the two subs will be very happy with ur amp.......

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cDw92qs...i=500MRDM1#Tab
Old 29th May 2006, 11:06   #14
BHPian

2 X 12" IDQ 12 (DVC 2ohms) in a seperate 0.85-1.0 cuft sealed box is a very good choice, the final impedance will be 2 ohms in which amp will be pumping 1000 Watts, 500W for each subwoofer. You cannot use 3 IDQ's as the amplifier is not 1 ohm stable.

IDQ plays linear and is a all rounder for all kinds of music. It is fast, accurate and same time it plays low also.

The only sub which comes to mind with more speed / attack than IDQ is Mille ML3800 (SVC 4ohms) 15" in 1.5 cuft ported box. It will run great on 500Watts with specified 98dB sensitivity and the amplifier will have loads of headroom.

But the only downside is though the ML Sub is great for real instrument, trance, live music, It does not play low enough for hip-hop and r&b beats. It rolls off at 30-35Hz with very less output below that. For best results you have to use 25-30Hz Subsonic filter for ML Sub.

The Alpine Type R's ..hmmm...one word come to my mind "Too Slow". I have used them in the past and they just can't keep up with music and fail to integrate with the speakers. They have a good build quality and looks good which does not help because subwoofers are meant to play bass notes and are not inteded to be used as showpieces.

Last edited by Autophile : 29th May 2006 at 11:15.
Old 29th May 2006, 11:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also bro... 1 question.. what would you think of a dual alpine type r the 1222D .. 500 watt continous.. 1500 max... .... and i dont mean to anger you by this question bro heheh.. i know the idq12's will beat the type r into oblivion.. but just incase i have bugetery constans levied on me with me sinking my sony ericsson p 910.. damn damn damn why !!!!!!
The type R subs are better than your Audiobahn, no doubt. But since the iDQ is way faster, sounds better, costs the same, power handling is the same.... ???? its a no brainer

No JB... I wasnt really suggesting him 3 iDQ subs, just messing with him, he knows that. :-)

Last edited by gunbir : 29th May 2006 at 11:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks