Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2006, 11:56   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100

Gunman & JB... BETTER get down here fast before I lose it and take a kidnap supari out on you!!
And u better get to bangalore before i lay my hands on these two .. For , if not ur accent will have to wait in the queue right behind my baleno ... Dont blame me that i didnt warn u ..
Old 15th June 2006, 11:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

First of all congrats on ur new sub again. Secondly I am not pulling ur leg or pointing out I am just asking u just of curiosity thats all..... And mods this is no personal attack or such it means relax .......

First ur car set up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
2. what is your existing setup (HEADUNITS, SPEAKERS, AMPS, DSP,SW etc.)

Alpine - 9855 Head unit = 29,000 Rs
Alpine - Mrd-M 1001 - 2000 Watt Monoblock For Bass = 40,000 Rs
Alpine Amplifier Link For Amp Control From Heatunit = 5,500 Rs
Image Dynamics IDQ 12 ( 2 Subs from gunbir ) = 25,000 Rs
AudioBahn 1 Farad Digital Stiffening Capacitor = 8,000 Rs
Blaupunkt - Vpa 4120 - 1500 watt 4 Chanel Amp = 23,000 Rs
Boston Acoustics Pro 60 6.5 inch 2-Way Components Back and Front = 60,000 Rs
Complete Car is wired with Stinger Expert Series + Entire Power Wiring is Done with Stinger Expert series 0 guage Wires .I have also made sure that the distance from the capacitor to any amplifier .. alpine or blaupunkt does not exeed 12 inches (1 foot) and even those cables are monster 4 gauge. + Install = 25,000 Rs. + 17 foot stinger 0 guage power wire cost me 70 $ and the stinger RCA's cost me 260 $. got those from the states yesterday.. sister got them down so thats about 15,000 Rs
Optima Yellow Top Deep Cycle Battery = 9,500 Rs
Ipod Video 60 Gb = 20,000 Rs
In here there is no blaupunkt componet kit and why have u installed the same ...
Old 15th June 2006, 16:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

... hmmmmmmmm ... interesting... not speaking for Tool but I presume we can use ANY crossover with ANY set of speakers... so long as one knows what one is doing of course!! ... There surely must be some distinct advantages too... I have been reading about people doing this with off the shelf drivers.. Gurus.. Shed some usual stuff on this
Old 15th June 2006, 16:31   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... hmmmmmmmm ... interesting... not speaking for Tool but I presume we can use ANY crossover with ANY set of speakers... so long as one knows what one is doing of course!! ... There surely must be some distinct advantages too... I have been reading about people doing this with off the shelf drivers.. Gurus.. Shed some usual stuff on this
That's very strange, very observant of LBM to notice that.

No kb, it's very difficult to use any crossover with any pair of drivers. There are people that do use standard crossovers with some drivers they purchased, by ensuring at best that the crossover is ok for the driver impedances in concern, but the results are quite drab mostly.

If the crossover is used with drivers with different impedances than those for which the crossover is designed, it will be a nightmare, and sometimes damaged tweeters.

For absolute accuracy and perfect matching, the crossover has to be designed keeping the specs of the drivers in mind.
Old 15th June 2006, 16:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

I realise that B&T...which is why I said "in case one knows what one is doing"... Like Navin has mentioned he messes around with the crossovers till he gets to get the sound he wants...

Last edited by kb100 : 15th June 2006 at 16:49.
Old 15th June 2006, 17:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I presume we can use ANY crossover with ANY set of speakers...
That I know this can be done but I dont know which blau crossover is used and the crossover supplied with the boston pro r much more superior that the one used. why one would buy a 500 dollar componet set and use a different crossover instead of that. The crossover of boston pro is like this different for tweeter and different for woofer.....

Old 15th June 2006, 17:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

.. Yo are right LBM.... Sure will be intersting to see what use Tool has put that that crossover to!...
Old 15th June 2006, 17:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I realise that B&T...which is why I said "in case one knows what one is doing"... Like Navin has mentioned he messes around with the crossovers till he gets to get the sound he wants...
Oh yeah, true. But In Navin's case, the metaphorical messing around with a crossover is changing the crossover components to identically rated, but superior quality parts, and sometimes tweaking crossover frequencies/ modifying pads etc to suit his tastes I would presume. I would like to believe that he has better ears than the guy who designed the crossover and thought it was perfect in the first place.

I'm a lazy bum. I want the guy who made the crossover to get it right. If he doesn't I'll sit around and criticize him (and the occassional her). Making my own crossover for a pair of drivers I buy for a DIY project is a wholly different story.
Old 15th June 2006, 18:31   #54
BHPian

hey everuone.... yes the blaupunkts are in there for the moment... the bostons came out on monsay and went into my dad's skoda..(buttring hm up.. i want HERTZ )hehehe now those are his hehehehe but the good thing is.. am gettiing hertz comps for the esteem... ehehe swapped the bostons for these for the time being till my dad is back .. and then i get my hertz baby's !! WOO HOOO
killer powers of observation LBM
.. but this is just a temp setup..for the next 10 days till my dad is back.. then the hertz go in !!.. cant wait... but yeah LBM.. had to givee the bostons to my dad.. hehehe if i was ever gonna get me my hertz )
boom guys... and thank you againb
Old 15th June 2006, 19:04   #55
Senior - BHPian

Tool Buddy.... You getting my calls/sms's /PM's.. or just plain busy ??
Old 16th June 2006, 11:00   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Oh yeah, true. But In Navin's case, the metaphorical messing around with a crossover is changing the crossover components to identically rated, but superior quality parts, and sometimes tweaking crossover frequencies/ modifying pads etc to suit his tastes...
I'm a lazy bum. I want the guy who made the crossover to get it right. If he doesn't I'll sit around and criticize him (and the occassional her). Making my own crossover for a pair of drivers I buy for a DIY project is a wholly different story.
Correct. But one caeveat....I use a short cut....
1. I listen to the speakers with the exisiting XO and see what irritates me most
2. Then I simulate the exisiting XO in LsPCad and see if these irritations can be controlled.
3. While I have the XO opened I replace all parts I can with better quality parts (some parts are difficult to replace like using Air core inductors insread of ferrite core ones) given the space constraints of the XO box.

Ofcourse one can tweak an XO incessantly but hey guys I have a life!
Old 20th June 2006, 02:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Tool... bro... you're welcome. And quite honestly, JB and I agree you have one of the best sounding iDQ setups we have heard. So any updates after our last 'tweaking' and the fact that you have probably broken them in well by now...
Old 20th June 2006, 09:51   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
hey everuone.... yes the blaupunkts are in there for the moment... the bostons came out on monsay and went into my dad's skoda..(buttring hm up.. i want HERTZ )...
Hope you got the Mille series. It was the one that impressed me and I only got to see the catalog.
Old 20th June 2006, 13:43   #59
BHPian

hello everyone..
all i am gonna say is HOLY CRAP #$%^$@ ^%$*!!!!
Sir Gunman And JB.. what have you guys done !!!!!! wow.. wow.. wow.... the 'tweaking' has kicked up a little storm of my own inside my car... hehehe .. just dont want to step outta my car..... was not like this .. say even 5 days ago.. LOL 5 days ago.. was suffering from Exxcesive Uncontrolled Bass Disorder...hehehehe and then suddenly .. once they came....i heard MUSIC !!... these subs really are are loaded wepons!!! and to think they are in the hands of a Maniac.. hehehehe. Thank you very very much for that....

ok now for a serious review...
after gunbir and jb spent the best part of a day installing and 'tweaking' my subs and then some more time the next day on 'tweaking' ... it started to really make major SQ !!.. and after 3 days of really putting them through their paces.. i took them to the studio yesterday... made the guys hear it.. everyone was just simply blown away with how low and how Tight these subs played.. AMAZINGLY TIGHT !!.. so then we decided to test the subs... and what a perfect place to do so.. at the studio .. with some of the finest ears in the indian music industry.. ..for the test.. we brought out all kinds of different sonic material.. just to see if we could make the IDQ's falter... miss a beat.. anything !!! hehe but i am ULTRA HAPPY TO SAY .. they just KEPT DELIVERING !!! and then for a final measure.. we brought out ashish's laptop ( he owns the studio ).. he is running the meyer sound labs Acoustical analyzing Software...called MEyer Sound MAPP and Meyer SIM 3.. they are audio analyzers.. and we check out the freq responce... and all i can say guys is .. these SUBS ARE INCREDIBLE... checked it out.. and they officially registerd all the way down to 26 Hz... that is fantastically low... the test was carried out with a microphone danglling into the trunk from the Bass ports that were made based on your specs.. this could have mabe altered the final results a bit but whatever !! i dont care.. they really do feel and sound REALLLY low.. shockers.. so in all finality.. THE IDQ's Rock !!! will see if ashish still has the freq Responce graph on the machine.. will post it up if possible..
so SIR's..JB and Gunbir. ( as thou have been Knighted by my brain !!! hehe that happened the day we spoke at length.. ). all i am gonna say is..THANK YOU .. you guys ROCK .. possibly even harder than all the SUBS that you guys have put together ... hehhee.. BIG BIG BOOOM

was just a super pleasure to meet and learn soo much from you and everyone here tooo.. thank you everyone.. and thank you TEAM BHP !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks