Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2016, 02:19   #61
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria ICE Redefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
JVC and Kenwood is the same company Isn't it so?
All JVC stereo start with KW.... I thought KW stands for Kenwood
no they are not the same.
Old 25th October 2018, 14:12   #62
BHPian

Its Over 5 Years now, and My Car badly needs an update.
The Blaupunkt currently I have is gone sick and about do die soon, so I have to change the head unit to keep the music playing.
I am looking for the HU which has Apple car play and Android auto built into it. And which can produce high quality sound.
I say no to the CD / DVD, but something which can play MKV files will be helpful though.

Below are few options I have, and I welcome your comments on this.
Boss BVCP9675A.
Pioneer MVH2400NEX
Kenwood DMX7705s
Alpine ILX-207

please note: I will be buying this from USA, so advice me keeping it in mind.
Thank you so much in advance
Drive safe

Last edited by navin : 26th October 2018 at 11:03. Reason: typos
Old 26th October 2018, 11:06   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanbhokray View Post
Pioneer MVH2400NEX
Kenwood DMX7705s
Alpine ILX-207
The Alpine is about $200 more than the Pioneer and Kenwood. All 3 are good receivers. I would compare the Alpine to the Pioneer and see if there is any feature(s) in the Alpine you are willing to pay $200 for.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 03:02   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The Alpine is about $200 more than the Pioneer and Kenwood. All 3 are good receivers. I would compare the Alpine to the Pioneer and see if there is any feature(s) in the Alpine you are willing to pay $200 for.
Thank you for the inputs. according to the specifications, the Alpine comes with a capacitive touchscreen. On the other hand, the Pioneer and Kenwood has a resistive touchscreen display.
As per the knowledge I have, I think that the Capacitive touchscreens are more better than the resistive touchscreens and mostly used in expensive smartphones. please correct me if am wrong.
Also, the Kenwood has more power rating than the Pioneer, will it make any difference?
wishes
Old 29th October 2018, 11:51   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you for the inputs. according to the specifications, the Alpine comes with a capacitive touchscreen. On the other hand, the Pioneer and Kenwood has a resistive touchscreen display.
As per the knowledge I have, I think that the Capacitive touchscreens are more better than the resistive touchscreens and mostly used in expensive smartphones. please correct me if am wrong.
Also, the Kenwood has more power rating than the Pioneer, will it make any difference?
wishes
Don't worry about power differences. To really make any significant difference either HU would require a separate power amplifier.

Yes Capacitive touch screens are supposed to be more responsive. So if that is worth $200 to you get the Alpine.
Old 30th October 2018, 03:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Don't worry about power differences. To really make any significant difference either HU would require a separate power amplifier.

Yes Capacitive touch screens are supposed to be more responsive. So if that is worth $200 to you get the Alpine.
So any advice on a HU other than those listed above?
This days I see Idatalink maestro interfaces, will it go well with tata aria?
I currently use a generic canbus interface with my Blaupunkt HU for the steering wheel controls. I really have no idea how it works with the new HU am about to buy.
Your inputs will be helpful
wishes
Old 30th October 2018, 11:20   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This days I see Idatalink maestro interfaces, will it go well with tata aria?
I currently use a generic canbus interface with my Blaupunkt HU for the steering wheel controls. I really have no idea how it works with the new HU am about to buy.
Your inputs will be helpful
wishes
That Alpine HU seems to be your best bet since it has a capacitive touch screen.

I don't know much about the Maestro interface. I believe it has something to do with DSP control or amplifier control? I may be completely wrong.

I suspect most HUs will work in the Aria.
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:12   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys, I'm in the process of buying a used Tata Aria Pride 4x4 in the next few weeks. As the Aria Pride came with a basic 2 DIN music system, I am planning to change and upgrade it to something with Android Auto support, having used Android Auto for my journeys in Triber extensively in these 2.5 years.

Any suggestions will be really helpful regarding a suitable ICE upgrade, I am even open to an Android running ICE 2 DIN system, instead of one which just support Android Auto. I would like the new system to retain the Steering Input controls and Rear Camera support, along with the 4 speakers and 2 tweeters the Aria Pride comes with from the factory.

I know it is not a popular model and have done my research of used cars with 4x4/4WD/AWD before coming to this conclusion that Aria is the vehicle that I want to buy, so only needed suggestions are in the ICE front and not the which vehicle front!
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Hello guys, I'm in the process of buying a used Tata Aria Pride 4x4 in the next few weeks. As the Aria Pride came with a basic 2 DIN music system, I am planning to change and upgrade it to something with Android Auto support, having used Android Auto for my journeys in Triber extensively in these 2.5 years.
Many in our Hexa owners group changed the ICE to the woodman android auto unit. Since even the steering mounted controls worked for Hexa, I assume, it should work fine for Aria. Head to hiwoodman site and search for Hexa. There were one or two other players too, you can find them through a youtube search.

You may be better off searching for android head units compatible with Hexa, since it was more popular and there were many android players available with full integration to bcm except for mood lights. Whatever fits in Hexa may also fit Aria , but you will have to interact with the sellers and confirm it.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 09:27   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions will be really helpful regarding a suitable ICE upgrade, I am even open to an Android running ICE 2 DIN system, instead of one which just support Android Auto. I would like the new system to retain the Steering Input controls and Rear Camera support, along with the 4 speakers and 2 tweeters the Aria Pride comes with from the factory.

I know it is not a popular model and have done my research of used cars with 4x4/4WD/AWD before coming to this conclusion that Aria is the vehicle that I want to buy, so only needed suggestions are in the ICE front and not the which vehicle front!
Did you manage to upgrade to ANDROID AUTO? I have the same car used exclusively for several long drives over the years. I'm wondering if we can retrofit a head unit that is coupler-coupler i.e. no Full DIN replacement, OVER the niche for the current display. It can be held in place perhaps with 3M VHB foam tape. See image.

Any pointers to reasonably priced 9" 2GB-16GB HD sets would be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria ICE Redefined-aria-20220818.png  

wizardofid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 13:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
Did you manage to upgrade to ANDROID AUTO? I have the same car used exclusively for several long drives over the years. I'm wondering if we can retrofit a head unit that is coupler-coupler i.e. no Full DIN replacement, OVER the niche for the current display. It can be held in place perhaps with 3M VHB foam tape. See image.

Any pointers to reasonably priced 9" 2GB-16GB HD sets would be much appreciated.
Finally I just bought a 2011 Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 on 7th August 2022 from Chandigarh Tricity region. The owner had already installed a 7" Touchscreen Audio Head Unit with a Reverse Camera. It has wired Screen Mirroring, but no Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

Tata Aria ICE Redefined-img_20220819_125708.jpg

The Rear Parking Sensors are still displayed on the OEM Blueish Display on top. The Steering Buttons and Parking Light is not integrated in the touchscreen system, will get it checked from somewhere or from my trusted car electrician in Dehradun, when I visit there.

Tata Aria ICE Redefined-img_20220819_125715.jpg

Hope these images help. D.M. me for more details, I'll try and find them out and inform you.

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 19th August 2022 at 13:10.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 10:07   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Behind the new head unit, is there a custom frame? I can't seem to find a 2DIN open frame that fits into this.

Or have they left is 'open' i.e. internal DIN chassis and cables visible behind the new head unit/ display?

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th August 2022 at 10:23. Reason: Trimmed quoted post. Please quote only relevant portion.
wizardofid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 23:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Behind the new head unit, is there a custom frame? I can't seem to find a 2DIN open frame that fits into this.

Or have they left is 'open' i.e. internal DIN chassis and cables visible behind the new head unit/ display?
So, seems like I hadn't fully explored my head unit!

Tata Aria ICE Redefined-img_20220820_210806.jpg

Turns out, that my head unit supports Wired and Wireless Screen Mirroring, via TIMA AVN app. I have installed and tested it for Wireless Screen Mirroring, but I don't think that wireless Android Auto will run with it, as it asks for the above mentioned app for connecting.

Tata Aria ICE Redefined-img_20220820_200829.jpg

Here are some of the specs of my unit. I tried, and seems like there is no frame per se. The unit is oversized for the 2 DIN OEM unit in the Aria, and is fixed with probably 2 screws towards the top. There is some space below the screen to slide in the fingers. I will try and upload pics during the day time of the frame from the sides also, and with the finger sliding gap also.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 22:42   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Tata Aria ICE Redefined-img_20220823_171009.jpg

Tata Aria ICE Redefined-img_20220823_171024.jpg

Hope these images will give you some idea of how the touchscreen system is fitted in my Aria.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 09:32   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Hope these images will give you some idea of how the touchscreen system is fitted in my Aria.
Thanks. This really helps. I imagine they have manually CUT the bottom part of the original Console from the Stock Delphi-Grundig unit. To retain the switches for hazard lights and sensor override.
wizardofid is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks