Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2006, 02:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yaar JB, happy birthday party de naa, Lambo ko bhi bula, mera Kingfisher ka ticket book ho gaya hai!

You are one lucky *******, brother! A LAMBO on your birthday?! Happy birthday!!!
Old 8th July 2006, 02:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
first it was for $500 (500*45 = INR22500) then it was for $400 (400 *45 = 18000) these are for 2-way set but the offical rate is about INR 78000. and for the 3-way the cost is less than 60k lol then offical prices in india are for INR 98000.

I am really confused and please gunbir and jb do some justice by telling me some source from where I can get the 3-way. for less than 60k. If u can provide it the help will be highly appreciated .....
LBM, the DLS Ultimate UP6 retails for $500 elsewhere in the world. And you can generally buy them on the Internet for around $400. Why should it retail for 78K in India. I think you're possibly confusing them with the Iridiums. Am I right?

And as you well know PTC is the India distributor for these products. I believe Automark is dealing with you for this product. You also know mobilesq sells them online. What other help do you need?

Last edited by gunbir : 8th July 2006 at 02:16.
Old 8th July 2006, 02:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
http://www.mobilesq.com/store/index.php?cPath=27_50_52

DLS Reference 6.3 $385.44
DLS Ultimate 6.3 $878.24
DLS Ultimate 8.3 $1055.12

There you go buddy.
Thanks arush for this wonderful job but I want to buy them locally not from the net, I knew this site earlier if I wanted I would have placed order before hand and had not asked the question before........

Ya gunbir I am talking about the iridium only.... In the above install I think they are the iridium 2-way set is being used not the UP6. The woofer of the iridium has a very large dust cap which is easliy recognise in the install pic.

Thats why I asked about the it , No problem man I they are not avalable for that price.... and this confusion... Any was I will try the DHOOM speakers for the time being.......

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 8th July 2006 at 02:22.
Old 8th July 2006, 02:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
DLS Ultimate is available at mobilesq.com for under $400... Dhoom machale dhoom machale dhoom...
He had already told you the source of his price quote, so why question on it again? Since you also know the official importer then im sure he will be the only person to give you the best price possible!
Old 8th July 2006, 02:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
the official importer then im sure he will be the only person to give you the best price possible!
This is the main problem here , the 3-way iridium 6.3i is for approx $878 on the mobilesq site it means about 39500 , this is a very nice price...... but the offical price of the same product is for 98000, this is hell alot of diff. Thays why I asked for a reasonable source from where I could buy these speakers..... If u can arrange them for mobilesq I can buy it from u with the extra shipping and ur commision charges.......PM me if interested......
Old 8th July 2006, 02:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya gunbir I am talking about the iridium only.... In the above install I think they are the iridium 2-way set is being used not the UP6. The woofer of the iridium has a very large dust cap which is easliy recognise in the install pic.

Thats why I asked about the it , No problem man I they are not avalable for that price.... and this confusion... Any was I will try the DHOOM speakers for the time being.......
LBM, I was there. I saw the car. I saw the install. My eyes were less than 3 inches away from the speaker grill. It read U-L-T-I-M-A-T-E which means Ultimate if I know my spellings. So if you think they are the Iridiums you are mistaken, even if it may appear so from the pics.

We've used a fair bit of DLS in the past and are quite familiar with the products, sound and capabilities. Heres one install from quite a while back...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/120972-post1.html
Old 8th July 2006, 02:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If u can arrange them for mobilesq I can buy it from u with the extra shipping and ur commision charges.......PM me if interested......
LBM I know the owners of mobilesq well. They are not authorised to sell beyond the US and being ethical folks they will not entertain such requests. Their costs are very low and their business model is based on internet sales. They dont even entertain phone calls. Also, I dont think Arush is into smuggling / parallel importing. He runs a legit business.

I think your best bet is to try with PTC or their dealers. Why buy such an expensive product without warranty?

Last edited by gunbir : 8th July 2006 at 02:50.
Old 8th July 2006, 02:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM, I was there. I saw the car. I saw the install. My eyes were less than 3 inches away from the speaker grill. It read U-L-T-I-M-A-T-E which means Ultimate if I know my spellings. So if you think they are the Iridiums you are mistaken, even if it may appear so from the pics.
Yaar dont get the iridium is a sub product of the dls ultimate series here is the link or the webpage of both the UP65 and the iridium....

http://www.dls.se/english/speakers/Ultimate_series.htm

In this ultimate series there are 4 models.

DLS UP6
DLS Nobelium 6.2
DLS UR6i
DLS Iridium 6.2i

the nobelium and ur6i are out of this as they are not black in color but then again if we compare the UP6 and the iridium the speaker on the lamborgini matchs more with the later one the iridium. Now If u say it is a ultimate series dls product it can be a iridium.........

any ways if u have used the dls product earlier can u arrange me the iridium for a nice price........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 8th July 2006 at 02:56.
Old 8th July 2006, 03:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now If u say it is a ultimate series dls product it can be a iridium......... any ways if u have used the dls product earlier can u arrange me the iridium for a nice price........
Yes, you're right. The Ultimate series includes the Iridium range. But the crossovers we saw were the UP6 models.... So unless they're using a Iridium midbass with a UP6 xo and tweet...

LBM, neither I nor our company, nor any of our dealers, is into any kind of parallel importing. We cannot provide this product for you as we dont represent DLS. Even though I may not agree with PTC's pricing for this product, I think PTC is your best bet.
Old 8th July 2006, 11:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Gunbir ji the installer might be a ace installer like u have shown in a merc by cutting the glove compartment.....

He is using the iridium speaker and using the UP6 crossover as told by u , actually this post should be in the hall of fame segement lol here is some pics to support...

the speaker installed in the car

this is the iridium speaker......

and this is the up6

And people any one can see that it is a iriidum used in that install with a UP6 crossover lol..... Hail to the installer......
Old 8th July 2006, 12:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gunbir ji the installer might be a ace installer like u have shown in a merc by cutting the glove compartment.....And people any one can see that it is a iriidum used in that install with a UP6 crossover lol..... Hail to the installer......
I think you're right LBM. I am not a big fan of the iridiums. I think they're highly overrated. But very honestly, in this car it did not even sound like the iridiums. So I didnt even bother taking a closer look at the midbass. In fact all the people who heard this car, thought they were listening to a $500 set, and they werent impressed.
Old 9th July 2006, 13:11   #27
BHPian

LBM,

The ultimate series you have listed is from 2006 range.

The ICE in the Lambo was installed in 2005. The DLS speakers installed in the Lambo are not Iridiums as Iridiums only come with paper pulp cones (shown in the picture posted by you).

Moreover Iridium midbass has 8 screw holes whereas UR's used to have 4 (midbass in the pic also has 4 screws) it was designed as a OEM location compatible midbass with 4 main screw holes

The speakers in the car are 2005 Ultimate series UR6 (the old one not the the current i's which have yellow cone)

Last edited by Autophile : 9th July 2006 at 13:12.
Old 9th July 2006, 14:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM, the DLS Ultimate UP6 retails for $500 elsewhere in the world. And you can generally buy them on the Internet for around $400. Why should it retail for 78K in India. I think you're possibly confusing them with the Iridiums. Am I right?
Quote:
Yes, you're right. The Ultimate series includes the Iridium range. But the crossovers we saw were the UP6 models.... So unless they're using a Iridium midbass with a UP6 xo and tweet...
now I get the point we were talking about the UP6 as stated by gunbir but it was the UR6 so from this I can say

gunbir phaji 0/100 in ur exams go to school....

and now this is what I must say a good answer with proper support.

JB ur 100% right with ur answer 100/100 for u on ur exams go to holiday to kb1000000 for his install.....

here is the answer sheet of JB

http://www.dls.se/english/speakers/ur6.htm

here is a pic of the same UR6

Now JB will get Butter Chicken..........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 9th July 2006 at 14:59.
Old 9th July 2006, 15:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now I get the point we were talking about the UP6 as stated by gunbir but it was the UR6 so from this I can say

gunbir phaji 0/100 in ur exams go to school....
and now this is what I must say a good answer with proper support.
JB ur 100% right with ur answer 100/100 for u on ur exams
LBM, like I said earlier, I think they are overhyped speakers and I usually dont spend much time ogling at or researching stuff that I DONT like. And I dont have as much time and patience as you do. I do trust my ears however, and I even told you earlier it didnt sound like the Iridiums. Anywayz, UP6/UR6, who cares... I certainly dont... I dont even remember the most of their models we have used in the past... simply cuz they didnt leave a great impression.

BTW, I wasnt even taking a test... But, you were... considering the amount of research YOU have done on DLS... and you were 100% wrong. It wasnt the Iridium. So I think you need to go back to school... Im surprised you missed it...

Last edited by gunbir : 9th July 2006 at 15:44.
Old 9th July 2006, 21:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Are yaar If u did not liked my humor then sorry man will not talk with in that way man. My bad.........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks