Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 13:38   #1
BHPian

ICE'd Lamborghini Murceilago !!!

So... We came across a Lamborghini Murceilago Barchetta today !!!

ICEing (pun intended) on the cake was that it was ICE'd !!!

It was an all DLS install with Pioneer HU..

Here are some of the pics...

The Monster !!!

The V12 powerplant....its huge...and sounds awesome...the Barchetta has bracing for strengthening the chassis because of the absence of roof.

The Headunit Pioneer 7550 DVD with Touchscreen (a Pioneer in a Murceil, Sam? Navinji?)

The Speakers were DLS Ultimate 2 - way with weird tweeter mounting. Here are the tweeters in chrome housing mounted on the dash. Best part is that they sway left and right as you corner. Automatic Imaging Calibration he he he

The DLS midbasses in the famous Lambo doors !!!

The amprack in the front boot with good work of plexiglass (with DLS logo routed) which acts as a vent for bass and helps the amplifier in cooling. Under the plexiglass window are the DLS amplifiers. A4 for speakers and A6 mono for single 10" subwoofer in enclosure beneath the amplifiers. Also visible through the DLS logo is the power cap. The power cable and distribution blocks is phoenix gold and the interconnects were Monster.

When the amp rack lights up in blue !!!

40 Farad Capacitor !!! I think it sure can power the Lambo in case of no fuel.

DLS Subwoofer firing towards the cap.

Neat reverse camera, linked to the Pioneer HU. pretty much a must in this car.

The Car was (needless to say) nice. Any superlatives used here wont do justice. But I must say here, the car is way more cramped than the Gallardo or the 911 for that matter. Getting in and out was a pain for me (let alone Gunbir, who crawled in from one side and crawled out the other).

The ICE, though installed really well (was done by a team from Singapore) didnt really sound that great. The DLS Ultimate speakers retail for around $500 I think, and though they looked the part, didnt sound anywhere near worthy of that price. Honestly, they sounded more like a $150 set.

The sub placement could have been better, bass wasnt great either, considering the amplification used. I've installed in sports cars, and had way better results with more modest equipment.

All in all a nice Birthday... Yes, its mine today. And so far the day's been... nice.
Old 7th July 2006, 14:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

WOW now that's what I call a nice car!! Good report JB and what a way to celebrate one's birthday
Old 7th July 2006, 14:35   #3
BHPian

now thats surely an eye candy.....BTW janam din dee lakh lakh badahiyaan guru JB
Old 7th July 2006, 15:18   #4
BANNED

Happy Birthday JB! I Just wanna gift you a Lambo!
But "stealing is not good" my mama says!
Old 7th July 2006, 15:24   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autophile
let alone Gunbir, who crawled in from one side and crawled out the other
imagining .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
End of imagination .... Ooooppsss did i say END .. I meant its just the beginning ...
PS : Sorry gunbir bhai couldnt resist it ..
Old 7th July 2006, 15:37   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
...Getting in and out was a pain for me (let alone Gunbir, who crawled in from one side and crawled out the other)...
I would pay good money to see this! :-)
Old 7th July 2006, 17:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ICE, though installed really well (was done by a team from Singapore) didnt really sound that great. The DLS Ultimate speakers retail for around $500 I think, and though they looked the part, didnt sound anywhere near worthy of that price. Honestly, they sounded more like a $150 set.

Please please JB sir Ji any place where can I get these speaker for $500($500x45 = INR 22500). Please I will be highly obliged to get them......... Even If they sound crap...............
Old 7th July 2006, 20:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I would pay good money to see this! :-)
All who want to see this, please send a demand draft for Rs 499/- to "India's Funniest Phone Videos"... Send me the DD, PM me your address, DVD will reach you in 7 days...

But seriously, Its a pain for anyone to get in and out of this car. Even Jb had to be helped out of the car.
Old 7th July 2006, 20:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Please please JB sir Ji any place where can I get these speaker for $500($500x45 = INR 22500). Please I will be highly obliged to get them......... Even If they sound crap...............
They sound just like Dhoom speakers.... so I guess you'll like them....
DLS Ultimate is available at mobilesq.com for under $400... Dhoom machale dhoom machale dhoom...
Old 7th July 2006, 21:34   #10
BHPian

Hubba hubba.. what a beast of a car JB. I'm sure that car made for one super cool Bday present.

@ Gunbir - Sir one DD coming right up for u .

@Gunbir & JB - In the snap showing the DLS Midbasses. Is the small circular object just next to the speakers the tweeter mount?
Old 8th July 2006, 01:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled
@Gunbir - Sir one DD coming right up for u .

@Gunbir & JB - In the snap showing the DLS Midbasses. Is the small circular object just next to the speakers the tweeter mount?
Oh I'm gonna be rich (rubbing hands in glee)...

Fuelled, yes thats the stock tweeter location, but the DLS tweet is way to big for that, so the installer mounted them on the dash...
Old 8th July 2006, 01:15   #12

mr gunbir..i have heard the dls also it is not so bad like you are saying... . i have heard the dls 3 way system speaker in mr. ravi behls car where the shop felolow took me...in andheri. i am listening to good systems in lot of peoples houses but his system in the car is good. it is better then the things you are saying..... dls is very nice... i like the sound but it was 3 ways and illusion was sounding much much better... i have also listened to good sound in lots of peoples homes also and i buy good audio cds whenever i go to singapore and states. infinti also i liked very much but the best was illusions man...excellent
Old 8th July 2006, 01:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharams
mr gunbir..i have heard the dls also it is not so bad like you are saying... . i have heard the dls 3 way system speaker in mr. ravi behls car where the shop felolow took me...in andheri. i am listening to good systems in lot of peoples houses but his system in the car is good. it is better then the things you are saying..... dls is very nice... i like the sound but it was 3 ways and illusion was sounding much much better... i have also listened to good sound in lots of peoples homes also and i buy good audio cds whenever i go to singapore and states. infinti also i liked very much but the best was illusions man...excellent
So you're saying a 10k Illusion set (price?) sounded better than a DLS 3way that costs at least 60k? Thats what we said, the DLS sounded crappy for the price they are sold at.

With the Illusions, you have made a good choice.
Old 8th July 2006, 01:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The DLS Ultimate speakers retail for around $500 I think,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
They sound just like Dhoom speakers.... so I guess you'll like them....
DLS Ultimate is available at mobilesq.com for under $400... Dhoom machale dhoom machale dhoom...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
a DLS 3way that costs at least 60k? Thats what we said,
first it was for $500 (500*45 = INR22500) then it was for $400 (400 *45 = 18000) these are for 2-way set but the offical rate is about INR 78000

and for the 3-way the cost is less than 60k lol then offical prices in india are for INR 98000.

I am really confused and please gunbir and jb do some justice by telling me some source from where I can get the 3-way. for less than 60k. If u can provide it the help will be highly appreciated .....
Old 8th July 2006, 02:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

http://www.mobilesq.com/store/index.php?cPath=27_50_52

DLS Classic C36 $279.84
DLS Reference 6.3 $385.44
DLS Ultimate UP35 $491.04
DLS Ultimate 6.3 $878.24
DLS Ultimate 8.3 $1055.12

There you go buddy. Theyre all DLS 3 way speakers within the same price range as mentioned above, now it depends on you how much would you like to spend?

Last edited by autopsyche : 8th July 2006 at 02:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks