Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2014, 12:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Amp & 4 speaker upgrade for Rs. 15000?

Greetings!

I was last here when I bought my new car. I ended up putting a Sony Touchscreen Display unit along with 4 speakers in the doors. I do not have information on the speaker model number.
My experience with the Sony HU has been satisfactory, to be fair to sony after having used multiple Apple products with touch display anything else feels Inferior when it comes to UI. The sound although always felt very 'average'. I used to have a pretty nice system in my teen years but since then have outgrown them so I didn't put a Sub/Amp in my swift when I bought it but the past couple of months I feel a bit more is needed.

I would like to put in a 4-Ch Amplifier and 4 speakers(door ones) to compliment them but no subwoofer please. I have a small budget of Rs. 15,000/-. Any help is greatly appreciated : )

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Maky : 14th June 2014 at 12:33.
Old 14th June 2014, 16:39   #2
BHPian

Re: Amp & 4 speaker upgrade for Rs. 15000?

You can get a good JBL/Bull/RF amp for around 6000. To go good with them, Hertz/Infinity/JBL components and coaxials, will set you back by around 7000. And around 2000 for the wiring.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 11:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Devilwearsprada, I googled based on your brand recommendations.
I can pick from one of the following models?

Amplifier:
RF
JBL

Speakers:
Infinity
JBL

Also, Any specific brand for wiring?

Thanks for your reply : ).
Old 15th June 2014, 17:17   #4
BHPian

The RF250 is good, however for the speakers, an audition is must depending on your tastes.
For wiring, get the Focal 8 Gauge. Its good enough!
Old 15th June 2014, 18:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
The RF250 is good, however for the speakers, an audition is must depending on your tastes.
For wiring, get the Focal 8 Gauge. Its good enough!
I doubt an audition is possible from where I'm purchasing. JBL Vs. RF both are the same in overall quality?

Also, Are you by any chance located in Bombay? & could further help me with advise on any person/shop to buy from : P.
My concern is counterfeit wiring and shoddy installation primarily.
Old 15th June 2014, 18:44   #6
BHPian

Well you could try adding blaupunkt gtb 8a active woofer. Good sound for an 8 incher and costs only 7500 rs from snapdeal. Been using it for a couple of months now. Thoroughly satisfied. Not for audiophiles though

Last edited by GTO : 16th June 2014 at 10:50. Reason: Typo
Guneet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 20:19   #7
BHPian

Right, you are in Bombay, you have Ajay sir and Ramie sir. They are the best out there. Check the directory, you have amazing installers there. What car btw?
Old 15th June 2014, 23:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

While both Ajay and Ramie are top of the line, I doubt that the budget will allow for their install charges, I may be wrong though.

A more economical way would be to go to FM Drive in Santa Cruz as these guys will do a free install as long as stuff is bought from them.

Quote:
Right, you are in Bombay, you have Ajay sir and Ramie sir. They are the best out there. Check the directory, you have amazing installers there. What car btw?
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 09:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle is a swift. The new model, Don't think there should be much difference from the old one as far as this is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
While both Ajay and Ramie are top of the line, I doubt that the budget will allow for their install charges, I may be wrong though.

A more economical way would be to go to FM Drive in Santa Cruz as these guys will do a free install as long as stuff is bought from them.
Yes, If they charge a lot for Installation I shall look into this FM Drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guneet View Post
Well you could try adding blaupunkt gtb 8a active woofer. Good sound for an 8 incher and cists only 7500 rs from snapdeal. Been using it for a couple of months now. Thoroughly satisfied. Not for audiophiles though
Thanks Guneet but a quick google image search shows me this is an enclosure. Don't think I would be willing to sacrifice boot space, what little this car has : (. Same with rear tray mounts which is why I've gone with only speakers that go in the doors..

Righto. I'll go ahead and purchase one of those products and search for this FM drive place. If there's anything else you guys would like to give additional input on do go ahead. Will be leaving a week from today.
Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by Maky : 16th June 2014 at 09:36.
Old 16th June 2014, 11:13   #10
BHPian

I would recommend against a blaupunkt sub, as for 7500-8000 you can get a much better lot of subs, I would recommend you to wait till june for BBW's annual sale!
Old 16th June 2014, 12:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would recommend against a blaupunkt sub, as for 7500-8000 you can get a much better lot of subs, I would recommend you to wait till june for BBW's annual sale!
Sub is out of the question due to space constraints anyway.
Sorry what's BBW? and it's June currently : 0
Old 16th June 2014, 14:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
... I would like to put in a 4-Ch Amplifier and 4 speakers(door ones) to compliment them but no subwoofer please. I have a small budget of Rs. 15,000/-. ...
Amp: Kenwood M846 or JBL X646 - either will cost you about 5-6K

2. 6.5" Infinity Reference, Morel, Polk, etc. components - midbass in front doors, tweeters on sail panel or inside ORVM. Audition the speakers before buying. Approx 5-6K

3. If you don't want a sub, get 6x9 oval coaxials on the parcel shelf (you might have to replace the FRP parcel shelf with an MDF one. Approx 3-4K

You will also need to buy RCA cables, power cable (house wiring teflon coated cables from Finolex / Havells etc. will do), a fuse in the power line, and new speaker cables for connecting the amp.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Amp: Kenwood M846 or JBL X646 - either will cost you about 5-6K

2. 6.5" Infinity Reference, Morel, Polk, etc. components - midbass in front doors, tweeters on sail panel or inside ORVM. Audition the speakers before buying. Approx 5-6K

3. If you don't want a sub, get 6x9 oval coaxials on the parcel shelf (you might have to replace the FRP parcel shelf with an MDF one. Approx 3-4K

You will also need to buy RCA cables, power cable (house wiring teflon coated cables from Finolex / Havells etc. will do), a fuse in the power line, and new speaker cables for connecting the amp.
I can't just put the same 6.5" speakers in the rear doors as the front ones? I really don't want to place speakers on tray.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I can't just put the same 6.5" speakers in the rear doors as the front ones? I really don't want to place speakers on tray.
6x9 oval coaxials put out a decent amount of bass, which 6.5" round coaxials can't with their smaller cones. You could put 6.5" coaxials (don't put components on rear doors) in the rear doors, no problem, but sooner or later you will wish that you had added a sub.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
6x9 oval coaxials put out a decent amount of bass, which 6.5" round coaxials can't with their smaller cones. You could put 6.5" coaxials (don't put components on rear doors) in the rear doors, no problem, but sooner or later you will wish that you had added a sub.
I'm sure you're right but this is the car I use often for office work and space is an issue. Sadly out of my hands.

For the 6.5" Coaxials in the rear door which set should I go for? something by infinity as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks