Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2006, 14:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Oh well, that must be bristle shaped cloth then! I was once tempted to brush my teeth with one, when I forgot my travel kit home on a trip to Ahmedabad.
so how were the results...........
Old 25th August 2006, 11:47   #17
BHPian

Did anybody tried to open the HU and clean the lens with cotton ear-bud soaked previously in cleaning lens liquid ?

Though I havent done this to my HU, I did it once to my disk man... this remembers me of old days of VCRs and VCPs ... we had to clean their spinning heads so often ...
Old 25th August 2006, 18:00   #18
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir_nyc
Hellow all

I have a problem with my HU it reads cds which are neat and clean but it does not read any scratchy cds or neither it plays any MP3 cds...

need some help with this...Do I need to take the HU for some service or can I do it myself...

i think i know what the problem is...this is common with sony HUs ! when u burn MP3 CDs on the PC, make sure u use the option 'make MP3 CD' and not a plain 'Make Data CD' option. This will make ur MP3 CDs work. Of course...scratchy Audio CDs not playing is also a common Sony issue...i'm sure the gurus here agree...

I noticed this issue on a friends Sony HU...! Pioneers seem to take anything u can give 'em ! Hope this helps
Old 25th August 2006, 18:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
i think i know what the problem is...this is common with sony HUs ! when u burn MP3 CDs on the PC, make sure u use the option 'make MP3 CD' and not a plain 'Make Data CD' option. This will make ur MP3 CDs work. Of course...scratchy Audio CDs not playing is also a common Sony issue...i'm sure the gurus here agree...

I noticed this issue on a friends Sony HU...! Pioneers seem to take anything u can give 'em ! Hope this helps
I don't know how that will make any difference.

But during burning a disk if we use lower speed (4x-16x is preferable;more lower the best it is) that will produce a good burn quality (sufficient depth and smooth groove in the CD surface), and hence more less prone to read-error it will be.
Old 22nd September 2006, 14:14   #20
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravbasu
I don't know how that will make any difference.

But during burning a disk if we use lower speed (4x-16x is preferable;more lower the best it is) that will produce a good burn quality (sufficient depth and smooth groove in the CD surface), and hence more less prone to read-error it will be.
boss...have u owned a sony HU and tried this ?! its a fact and it does make a difference. like i said before, i've seen this problem on earlier sony HUs. your funda on the burning speeds is true...but i'm talkin about the basic CD Burn formatting here...
Old 22nd September 2006, 15:11   #21
Team-BHP Support

Sony 5500 also had this problem. The dealer said buy a new lens. I bought a new HU.
Go to local installer, I heard now lenses are available below 800rs or so(made in china, works perfectly), or go to sony and get new lens.

My sony first stopped playing mp3, soon even audio CD stopped playing. Full cleaning(opening unit and cleaning(200rs)) resulted in audio cds playing again, but it could never pick up mp3 CDs again.
Old 22nd September 2006, 16:36   #22
NIP
Senior - BHPian

personally, i think Pioneer HUs take a beating and last longer than other HUs. This holds good for almost any equipment Pioneer manufactures as well. I have owned lots of Pioneer gear and I still rock my neighbourhood with my 20yr old Pioneer 300w (rms) home stereo !! Pioneers ICE HUs are built to last and can play almost any CD you pop into them. This is my personal opinion guys...no need to lose your shirts over this.
Old 22nd September 2006, 19:36   #23
BHPian

I own a Sony S350. So far I havent faced any read problem. I play both CD-R and CD-RW without any problem. I burn all my disks at 4x (for getting good burn quality and to lower the jitter during burn). Hope this tip helps, Sourav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
boss...have u owned a sony HU and tried this ?! its a fact and it does make a difference. like i said before, i've seen this problem on earlier sony HUs. your funda on the burning speeds is true...but i'm talkin about the basic CD Burn formatting here...
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:04   #24
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i'm not saying burning the CDs at a lower speeds is not a good idea...it is. what i'm saying is some sony HUs have a problem of reading certain CDs burned in certain formats. my BILs santro came with a sony HU (diwali offer last year) and it never reads MP3 CDs burned with Nero using the 'Data CD' option. Burn the same MP3s using the 'Burn MP3 CD' option and it works just fine. I've had a couple of friends who faced the same problem too...maybe the issue is endemic to certain models of sony...
Old 23rd October 2006, 23:31   #25

Guys...good news..i Took the HU to a local reapir shop in Moti Nagar..he charged Rs.200, for just adjusting the lens screw...and its working with anything I put in the drive....absolutely any CD..be it a data, MP3, Audio anything..at all...

Thanks for all your inputs though...
Old 30th October 2006, 11:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ok dont wanna start a new thread but what should be the ideal interval for cleaning lens, i mean after how many hours of playing shoudl we clean teh lens & after how many hours should we get it fully serviced or is it that we service it only when it starts giving problems ?

Sorry if I went OT

p.s. Do we have a thread on HU maintainance, lemme search & post if it isnt there
Old 2nd November 2006, 11:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Ok dont wanna start a new thread but what should be the ideal interval for cleaning lens, i mean after how many hours of playing shoudl we clean teh lens & after how many hours should we get it fully serviced or is it that we service it only when it starts giving problems ?

Sorry if I went OT

p.s. Do we have a thread on HU maintainance, lemme search & post if it isnt there
IMHO, one should not clean and disturb the existing setup until you detect the first skip read. But once you detect it clean it sooner without any delay.

But it is a good practise to keep a CD inside the player when not in use to avoid dust accumulation on lens head (to certain extent).

Some Tips to keep car dust free:
1. Better avoid dust coming inside your car. Roll up windows and use AC in dusty condition, especially on crowded highways (as truck and heavy vehicles picks up more dust which are invisible to our eyes).
2. Clean the foot mats inside car once a week with water to make it dust free.
3. Use vaccuum cleaner to clean the interior of car once a month or once in two months.
Old 3rd November 2006, 00:46   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir_nyc
Guys...good news..i Took the HU to a local reapir shop in Moti Nagar..he charged Rs.200, for just adjusting the lens screw...and its working with anything I put in the drive....absolutely any CD..be it a data, MP3, Audio anything..at all...

Thanks for all your inputs though...
Heh! ur car HU is reading data CD??? Kamaal kaa repair kiya hai

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd November 2006 at 00:47.
Old 3rd November 2006, 18:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Funny !

BTW, will the player read aloud the filenames inside the data CD ??

Old 3rd November 2006, 21:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravbasu
Funny !

BTW, will the player read aloud the filenames inside the data CD ??
cool down guys!!
By data cd,he actually meant mp3 cd and not cd with some other non-music files. [i hope so!!!!]
We make mp3 cd by choosing the option 'make data cd' while using nero software.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks