Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2006, 20:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
When you do find an awesome sounding speaker, you are mostly paying for the R&D, and then the parts...
spot on gunbir.....
this is what i was going to say before i read ur post.
Old 11th August 2006, 00:01   #17
BHPian

thanx everyone,
u helped me as allways.

i will defenately try to increase my budget and get myself component sys from jbl.
and as another option i am thinking of getting component sys jbl GTO606C in front and any low cost coax in rear(6" fitted in door).

what do u guys suggest?

P.S. Is there any difference regarding the sound quality of pio 6850 and pio 5850, should i go for 6850 or going for 5850 could save my extra 1k which i can use for speakers.
Old 11th August 2006, 00:46   #18
BHPian

Navin,
I believe Swift have 6.5'' speakers, correct me if im wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Swift has locations for 6" in each door. 4 doors = 4 speakers. Use these locations.

My friends so far have all prefered JBL's CS series to Blaupunkt GTO series. These 2 are the only speakers i know of in the price range (3k per pair). Hence I'd suggest you listen to the JBL CS series along with some other options.
Old 11th August 2006, 00:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nishant, yes they are the same in SQ. The 6850 has better graphics.

Nrajesh, yes the Swift can take 6.5" speakers all around..
Old 11th August 2006, 09:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantv2003
P.S. Is there any difference regarding the sound quality of pio 6850 and pio 5850, should i go for 6850 or going for 5850 could save my extra 1k which i can use for speakers.
sq will be the same but the 6850 will have a little more thant the 5850 have like

1) 7eq
2)aux in bulit in the hu

the aux in will cost u nearly 1k ifu buy it extra that also it will be a third party product if u buy the original pioneer aux it will cost u more than 4k. so i think u must go for 6850 which have a provision of expansion also......
Old 11th August 2006, 09:38   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
anToNIcHeN, actually, very few of the brands (incl some of which you named) actually have exotic materials in their products. ....
There are similar examples in the audio industry. There are some speakers that are very basic, but sound decent. Then there are some that have a hell of a lot of hype associated with them, are built well, look the part, yet sound mediocre. And then you have some rare ones that have great parts AND sound phenominal....
1. you cant call fiberglass, Carbon fiber and Kevlar or their variants exotic nowadays. They are all over 30 years old.

2. I always liek to think that building a speaker is 70% science and 30% art.

When you hear a good speaker you know. It just sounds right. Trust your ears.
Old 11th August 2006, 10:52   #22
BHPian

thanx i got my answer regarding hu, i will get the pio 6850.
now plz let me choose the right speakers, i am still tight on budget.
component sys jbl GTO606C in front and any low cost coax in rear door(which one, cheap and good).
Old 8th June 2010, 23:01   #23
BHPian

Well... raising a long dead thread (Hey that rhymes )

But I drive an i10, fitted with a Pioneer DEH-2200 Head Unit - so far fitted only two speakers in the front doors - that too the cheapest set of Sony somethings I could find at that time - the idea was I would upgrade soon (Needless to say the sound Q borders on the terrible) - been managing with this setup for a lil over a year now..... and I'm glad to say the time has come to put the ice'ing on the cake (thats my smiley limit!! damn)

Ok - so now I have say 6-7k (could stretch it upto 10K) to spend on two pairs of 6.5" speakers - (replacing the ones in the front doors with something better and new ones in the back doors) I refuse to cramp up my boot with speakers on the parcel tray - practicality comes first.

I like listening to my music soft, so clarity and tightness is much more important than thump or overall volume. BTW - I'm actually a spoilt "audiophile" and listen to most of my music on a Nakamichi CD player coupled with B&O speakers so please suggest accordingly

P.S: I realise I'm stepping in dangerous territory, seeing nishant's question has remained unanswered for some 1400 days .... But heres wishing myself luck and hoping I get some snappy answers and suggestions

Cheers

Last edited by adisag : 8th June 2010 at 23:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks