Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 13:19   #1
BHPian

Suggestions

k the car is a lancer music i listen to is DMB incubus matchbox 20 creed etc etc and occasional rap(snoop dr dre) punjabi
I am looking for no chan chan or no boom boom i wand sound clarity and crispness with each note be audible.
I saw a few systems this weekend and kind of narrowed down to
pio 4850 HU (6000 without and 8000 (i cant remember for sure) with B&W)
Jbl 3 way GTO9XX for the rear (4300( with B&W))
I still dont know what to get for the front.
The guy said prices were inclusive of installations but i have read here that you guys pay like 1.5 - 2 k for cables ???? Confused???
do i need a sub and an amp ? i dont think but tell me do i ?

I also have an older model of this DSP closer to this one already and i want to incorporate into the car. i am looking to get this done this sat.
pls advise...
Old 9th August 2006, 13:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

WTCB - I think first of all you should also decide on a budget so considering that a good setup could be advised to you.

Secondly, there has been a new setup advice from the Guru's under which you should get a good set of components for the front and no speakers for the rear. Save the money from the rear speakers and invest it in a good 4-ch amp and pair it to a nice 12" subwoofer in an enclosure & drive the front components off the another channel. This should give you pretty good SQ. So it should cost around:

HU Pioneer: 6-9k
Front Comps: 6-8k
Pio/JBL 4-ch Amp: 7-12k
12" Subwoofer: 4-8k
Install, Box & wires: 2-3k

You would also need better quality cables which we usually budget for seperately. These will cost you around 1-1.5k+box+installation, hence budget of about 3k.

Last edited by iraghava : 9th August 2006 at 14:00.
Old 9th August 2006, 14:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
WTCB - I think first of all you should also decide on a budget so considering that a good setup could be advised to you.

Secondly, there has been a new setup advice from the Guru's under which you should get a good set of components for the front and no speakers for the rear. Save the money from the rear speakers and invest it in a good 4-ch amp and pair it to a nice 12" subwoofer in an enclosure & drive the front components off the another channel. This should give you pretty good SQ. So it should cost around:

HU Pioneer: 6-9k
Front Comps: 6-8k
Pio/JBL 4-ch Amp: 7-12k
12" Subwoofer: 4-8k
Install, Box & wires: 2-3k

You would also need better quality cables which we usually budget for seperately. These will cost you around 1-1.5k+box+installation, hence budget of about 3k.
From what i know of subs they just produce the boom boom .. rite ... i dont really want that boom boom .. correct me if i am wrong

i want sound clarity and each note to be distinct.... say 20-30 is the budget .. and with the DSP linked above i can set the listening position to driver only and all 4 speakers will be adjusted to my position in the car andthe sound stage set accordingly...
pls let me know...

again i dont want a box as trunk space is critical for me.
Old 9th August 2006, 15:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

are bhai the dsp linked above are the only models can u clearly specifiy the model is it 7600 or 9200 this will help a lot.....

if it is 7600 the listing position selector is a crap and does not work properly....any ways if u want to listen like this u will have to get a good hu with Time Aligment feature.....

as suggested by iraghava he has suggested u a good setup ....prices can be increased or decreased as you suggest us a model you have sellected...

woofer does not mean boom boom....it will add over depth in the sound....without it I dont think sound is complete.......but again i would like to add it all depends on listing styles.....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 9th August 2006 at 15:27.
Old 9th August 2006, 15:56   #5
BHPian

cant remember the exact model it's itting at home .. i think the 9200
20 -30k
Old 9th August 2006, 15:57   #6
BHPian

Time Aligment

what is that
Old 9th August 2006, 16:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
From what i know of subs they just produce the boom boom .. rite ... i dont really want that boom boom .. correct me if i am wrong
i want sound clarity and each note to be distinct....
Yes but as LBM pointed out subs are necessary. Since you want every note to be clear you need one speaker dedicated to producing the lows in the music & the sub is for that specific purpose. A good sub does not necessarily produce only the boom-boom, it is an integral part of every good sound system.

Quote:
and with the DSP linked above i can set the listening position to driver only and all 4 speakers will be adjusted to my position in the car andthe sound stage set accordingly...
pls let me know...

again i dont want a box as trunk space is critical for me.
DSP's have not really been recommended by our Guru's as LBM pointed out so you might be better off with a Time Alignment enabled HU. But I will let one of the Guru's give you the final advice on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
woofer does not mean boom boom....it will add over depth in the sound....without it I dont think sound is complete.......but again i would like to add it all depends on listing styles.....
I agree with LBM completely.
Old 9th August 2006, 16:12   #8
BHPian

k i am completely confused again now what system do i get 20-30 k at the most

no box
\
Old 9th August 2006, 22:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

man u can use the eq but u must be knowing how to adjust it ...

secondly go for 4850 but a nice set of componets for the front.....if u dont want to spoil ur boot u can by pioneer 306f sub and install in the rear deck....and buy a 4 ch amp use two channel for the front speakers and other two bridge them and connect the sub to it......I think ur done and all this can be done in 30 k ......
Old 10th August 2006, 01:45   #10
BHPian

Sell the DSP and get better speakers or a better amp
Old 10th August 2006, 15:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
Sell the DSP and get better speakers or a better amp
its the 9600
cant sell it as it is old ... no warranty
Old 10th August 2006, 15:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

WCTB - The best option is to get front comps & a boxed woofer/bass tube. You can put it in the boot & if you need to take it out you can easily remove it. The sound quality without a woofer/tube would be missing the lows and the sound would be very shrill/bright!
Old 10th August 2006, 15:37   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
WCTB - The best option is to get front comps & a boxed woofer/bass tube. You can put it in the boot & if you need to take it out you can easily remove it. The sound quality without a woofer/tube would be missing the lows and the sound would be very shrill/bright!
hmm how abt jbl comps up front infinity 6*9's in the back mated with a 4850... witha say 10 inch sub and an amp ?

now tell me what amp and what sub ...
Old 10th August 2006, 15:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hmm how abt jbl comps up front infinity 6*9's in the back mated with a 4850... witha say 10 inch sub and an amp ?

That's a good setup but what budget are you looking at??

Sub could be Pioneer 306 or JBL GT 12. Not sure if you have too many options for 10"

Amp again depending on your budget either you can get a decent 2-ch amp or a monobloc to drive the sub.

Do you want the speakers to be driven off an amp too??
Old 10th August 2006, 16:03   #15
BHPian

Quote:

Why not JBL 6x9" at back as well or Infinty ref compo at front instaed???

Cheapest sub+amp option will be pio 306 subw powerd by sony 502 2-ch amplifier.
But i will recommend u 504,use its 2 ch for front compo and rear 2 for sub in bridged mode.

This should be decent system,but WCTB,this all is out of ur budget of 15-20k..

Last edited by rsjaurr : 10th August 2006 at 16:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks