Team-BHP - Help: ICE Upgrade for my Esteem Vxi..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Help: ICE Upgrade for my Esteem Vxi.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/15904-help-ice-upgrade-my-esteem-vxi.html)

HI fellow Bhpians,
i`ve finally booked an Esteem vxi..nd it takes me great pleasure to tell you`l that Team bhp nd my fellow bhpians have helped me lots on that..thanks all you guys!!...Well people...now i`ve got queries regardin what goes into it..nd wher do i come for help...Team Bhp of course..:).here it goes..
My present setup in the old car..which am plannin to move it to the new one..
1.Player..Deh-P5650mp..(with sub out)
2.Speakers:TS-E2090..20 cms...3 way...250W...Boy!!..they sure kick!!
3.Tweeters-ts20

The new Esteem comes with a kenwood mp3 player nd two speakers in the rear..i want to sell it off nd buy somethin else instead...So how much can i expect for it..??Well of course the dealer would not give me cash in return ..so tot i`d upgrade my present system...but it all depends on how much i get for the kenwood player.. am on a very tight budget as my dad just hates music inside the car nd he would not pay even a rupee for it...:mad:
Been thinkin of the followin things..
Sub +amp..or just an amp...as its missing
or sell my present player with the kenwood system nd go for a high end system
since i`ve got lots of time til i get the car..atleast two weeks that is...tot i`d try gettin a good deal somewhere..So guys.. help me out on this...Waitin for your replies...
rgrds,
angelfire

Hey angelfire,

Congrats on your new Black Esteem Vxi.

Well you need to give us a budget, music preferences and what exactly are you looking for.

But from the basic information that you have given us soo far. I would advise you to keep the Pioneer 5650 but dump those TS-20's. They do more bad than good to the soundstage in the car.

About the rear speakers. Well if you are happy with the Pioneer 3 way rear speakers then keep them or else there are much better brands of speakers like JBL, Soundstream, Hertz etc which are available in the market for quite affordable rates.

Cheers

keep the 5750 if its cd drive is working fine....normall the cd drive in the HU lasts 2-3 years after that there are reading problem or what not but if ur HU is fine keep it ...add a sub and a amp which is with in ur budget.......and remove the ts-20 they are not good for health of the system....(they make the sound of the system bad) also if u like ur 2090 they can only be installed in the rear deck . if u like the sound coming from the back then it is ok but if u want it from the front you can add a componet kit to it.......

Ok then..wil try givin off the ts20`s..nd my player is in excellent condition....wel my main query is how much i can expect for the kenwood system that comes with the esteem....the company people say its given to the maruti people at a whoopin 12.5k...:Shockked:

i had got a viva two years ago it had a kenwood system dot know the model or any thing it was a tape hu ... I got back approx 3.5 to 4 k for it......

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelfire
Ok then..wil try givin off the ts20`s..nd my player is in excellent condition....wel my main query is how much i can expect for the kenwood system that comes with the esteem....the company people say its given to the maruti people at a whoopin 12.5k...:Shockked:

from my experience, u'd be lucky if u can find a buyer for anything more than 5k..including the speakers, of course.. the kenwood systems in the Esteems are very very basic

Well its a mp3 player....so can i add an amp to it?...anyone got details of the player?..

Adding an amp should be possible. And if you're just planning an AMP+Sub, then this HU will do the job. But if you have further upgrade plans, then it's better you part ways with the current Kenwood and speakers.

For a better config we've to know, what your budget is. It's possible to go for an audio setup that starts from 1000Rs to 10Lakhs. So it's better to pronounce your's for further calculations!

Quote:

Well its a mp3 player....so can i add an amp to it?...anyone got details of the player?..

that is a better idea....add an amp & sub if u can

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak
Adding an amp should be possible. And if you're just planning an AMP+Sub, then this HU will do the job. But if you have further upgrade plans, then it's better you part ways with the current Kenwood and speakers.

For a better config we've to know, what your budget is. It's possible to go for an audio setup that starts from 1000Rs to 10Lakhs. So it's better to pronounce your's for further calculations!

Well my main idea was to sell the kenwood...so assumin i`d get around 6k for it...nd an additional 3k from my pocket....so total 9k..Wil i get a sub +amp..or just an amp...Nd i dont mind goin for a Free air sub....

Well...Sell it off...It should go around 4.5k. Better off if the dealer himelf buys it. Dealer will give better price than the other shops around.

Quote:

Well my main idea was to sell the kenwood...so assumin i`d get around 6k for it...nd an additional 3k from my pocket....so total 9k..Wil i get a sub +amp..or just an amp...Nd i dont mind goin for a Free air sub....

yes.........cheapest sub+amp combination is pio306 subw with sony502 in bridged mode for about 7-8k.Rest of money can be used for wiring+install.

Hello guys...
Back with some updates......finally got my new esteem...:)
As i already have a pio 5650 nd 4 rear speakers..a pair of pio 6x9 nd pio 2090 20cm speakers..i decided to sell off the kenwood player that comes in the car..as its a very basic system...so the deal i was offered is as follows--
Sony 554 amp:4750/-
JBL front speakers GTO427 :2250/-
Installation and wiring-1500/-
Nd he offered 6k for my Kenwood system....so i`d have pay around 1.5k extra.... Plannin to add a sub later...So guys..what do youl think of the deal??.....And also...What would be the best way to connect my above setup??

Guys...hopin on some replies...cause all goes in within thursday...any negotiations has to be done before that...

Quote:

As i already have a pio 5650 nd 4 rear speakers..a pair of pio 6x9 nd pio 2090 20cm speakers..i decided to sell off the kenwood player that comes in the car..as its a very basic system...so the deal i was offered is as follows--
Sony 554 amp:4750/-
JBL front speakers GTO427 :2250/-
Installation and wiring-1500/-

It looks to me like you have 2 pairs of rear speakers. I think you should stick to one pair in the rear and one the the front. The GTO427 is the right size for the front of the esteem.
Unless your cabling is very good, i fail to see what you are paying 1500/- for - to install an amplifier and speakers that you are buying from him? Do ask how much is labour and how much is the wiring, and what wire is being used.

So choose any rear speaker, one pair. Then it's quite simple, connect the sony 554 to all 4 speakers. Use the HPF on the front channel (at 100hz) and keep it fairly loud. Let the rears run on filter "off"

When you are ready for a subwoofer, ask again.