Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2006, 23:48   #16
Team-BHP Support

I believe the best EQ controls should work like those found on the old Quad amps. A tilt control and a quasi-parametric bass control. pity car HU dont come with stuff this simple. Other good controls are one designed by Douglas Self.
Old 13th August 2006, 00:47   #17
BHPian

what is the price of kenwood unit k-cd01. Is it available in delhi. And guys what about geq vs peq
Old 15th August 2006, 10:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
I think the Kenwood K-CD01 has the features you are looking for...

And Gunbir and JB rate this HU very high on the SQ too - in fact right under the HX-D2 ... look it up .. that thread is here somewhere...
Nopes... the K-CD01 does not hve EQ. It only has Bass Mid Treble controls. And no time alignment etc.
Old 15th August 2006, 12:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

morten I think you must go for 6850 as it has good controls........
Old 15th August 2006, 14:06   #20
BHPian

gunbir,is p80rs available in delhi and for how much
Old 15th August 2006, 15:04   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten
gunbir,is p80rs available in delhi and for how much
P80RS is a hard to attain model! Ask KB100, hell say.

BTW, LBM had some contact who can get a HX-d2 for the price of P80RS. Interested????
Old 16th August 2006, 15:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
what is the price of kenwood unit k-cd01. Is it available in delhi. And guys what about geq vs peq
I would say go in for HU with has atleast 5(min) -7(max) bands of peq. peq is any day better than geq....

i would say, 16 band L/R independant geq (one in 80PRS), is a waste of effort and money....
equlizers are used for boosting certain frequencies (depends upon the song, car acoustics, listerners choice etc...)...
and you would never have to adjust more than 5 - 7 bands.... also for a peq, you can adjust its Q.

regards,
ant.
Old 16th August 2006, 16:16   #23
BHPian

buddy can u suggest some model with 6-7 band peq.
Old 16th August 2006, 16:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
if money is no problem...go in for Eclipse CD7000 or CD5000 - both has 7 band peq. (hey guys does any one has this HU?.. how is its performance?... from the specs it looks too good...)

if you want value for money.... alpine 9853 or 9855 both has 5 band peq.
you can

or go in for a set up like LBM has....get a basic HU and get a alpine sound processor.... and its controller (you must have 2din)..
or get a seperate EQ, mind you... last 2 options are not very clean, coz it would add more noise..(am i right experts?..)

regards,
ant.
Old 16th August 2006, 17:25   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN

or go in for a set up like LBM has....get a basic HU and get a alpine sound processor.... and its controller (you must have 2din)..
or get a seperate EQ, mind you... last 2 options are not very clean, coz it would add more noise..(am i right experts?..)

regards,
ant.
Do you think, adding a processor will increase the noise???
I am a bit curious here.
Old 16th August 2006, 17:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Do you think, adding a processor will increase the noise???
I am a bit curious here.
what i meant is, in the last 2 set up... you are adding 1 more component in between.. i meant like from HU --> Processor / EQ --> amp --> speakers... more components you add in between, more noise you are adding to the entire system.... (or am i wrong here?...).
Old 17th August 2006, 07:28   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what i meant is, in the last 2 set up... you are adding 1 more component in between.. i meant like from HU --> Processor / EQ --> amp --> speakers... more components you add in between, more noise you are adding to the entire system.... (or am i wrong here?...).
In most cases you are right. There are very few times when a processor can help.
Old 17th August 2006, 10:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this is true every device as its own noise and will add up more if we keep adding stuff to it....but one more thing can be done connect the HU and EQ optically so that the minimum noise is introduced. also the pxa can be connected with alpine hu so that the HU->EQ link will not be there . had a pioneer HU earlier along the IPOD and AUX interfaces thats why I go in for the pioneer HU other wise I would have taken the Alpine HU ....but now I am thinking for taking the Alpine double din DVD hu.......
Old 17th August 2006, 13:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think what u want is something like a Sony Mex-R1...it has a 7 band equaliser & controls for bass & treble, plus plenty more
Old 17th August 2006, 13:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
i think what u want is something like a Sony Mex-R1...it has a 7 band equaliser & controls for bass & treble, plus plenty more
this 7 band is a geq and its predefined (from the link http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProdu...+Entertainment )
, unlike one in Ecclipse and Alpine, where you can choose between the different frequencies.... means... for eg.... for ecclipse, for the first band you can choose between, 40, 60 or 100 Hz, for the second band you can choose between 125, 160 and so on.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks