Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 17:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Please help on car music system :DAPIC make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikr View Post
Thanks a lot @DerAlte for the reply.
1. By lacking feel, I meant that the sound seems too flat. I am not sure about the technical terms to explain the same. Can give a non stop speech for hours about the car, but when i hit the ICE, its a white board. It seems like no bass is reproduced by the speakers even if i set the bass at max.
2. Tuning was done by a nearby shop guy in kerala. He had done the same for my old lancer and he did a good job on that. Also, he connected a Pioneer HU without changing the settings on the Amp and the sound reproduction was excellent.
3. I am sorry about that , it is 6x9 ovals, mounted on the parcel shelf.
4. Personally I like the bass tube, but its not causing any disturbance as there is no audible output from that. But it was giving proper output when connected with the Pioneer HU.

I am planning to do a last check with a good ICE installer in Pune. Now searching the forum to identify someone. Meanwhile, after going through all the inputs from ICE gurus in the forum, I will be doing some proper checks other than "Playing around".
I was searching for Dapic KX-9220N and reached here...Are you satisfied with it and were you able to resolve the issues? Could you provide some details.
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoopscv View Post
I was searching for Dapic KX-9220N and reached here...Are you satisfied with it and were you able to resolve the issues? Could you provide some details.
Actually I tried configuring it for some time, but was not satisfied with it. Finally I changed it and installed Sony XAV65 in the Classic. The Dapic was installed in my Alto K10. It is working pretty well in that, with the basic pioneer ovals in the rear and xenos regular speakers in the front. So in my opinion it's a decent one if you are looking for a just decent output. Don't expect a high quality output. But the built-in navigation is the best part in the Dapic head unit. No other models give this package at such low price. Navigation works pretty well, it locks satellite fast and works in background while we are playing some media. So it completely avoids the use of an independent GPS module. If you are comfortable using your phone as navigator, and navigation apps are pretty cheap these days, then I would suggest you to go for Sony or Pioneer models which fall in same price range as Dapic.
harikr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 00:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikr View Post
Actually I tried configuring it for some time, but was not satisfied with it. Finally I changed it and installed Sony XAV65 in the Classic. The Dapic was installed in my Alto K10. It is working pretty well in that, with the basic pioneer ovals in the rear and xenos regular speakers in the front. So in my opinion it's a decent one if you are looking for a just decent output. Don't expect a high quality output. But the built-in navigation is the best part in the Dapic head unit. No other models give this package at such low price. Navigation works pretty well, it locks satellite fast and works in background while we are playing some media. So it completely avoids the use of an independent GPS module. If you are comfortable using your phone as navigator, and navigation apps are pretty cheap these days, then I would suggest you to go for Sony or Pioneer models which fall in same price range as Dapic.
Thanks for the update. I was using the phone as navigator but battery drains quickly (needs to be charged always) and the phone gets heated up a lot. Hence planning to get a cheaper model like Dapic or Worldtech with navigation. Hopefully these models can produce better output compared the OEM NIPPON in my car.
Old 24th December 2015, 20:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have a Dapic KX 999 and it went bust during the rains, as my car was submerged. I want to change my music system, so looking for the same model or the updated version KX 999X. Does anyone know any authorized dealer in Chennai please? I got many offers from 4200/- to 4500/- on GP Road but am skeptical whether they are original or not (fake warranty cards are available with duplicate products)
Old 23rd April 2016, 15:04   #35
BHPian

I have an uninstalled Pioneer DEH-X8750bt single din with 3 RCA out. Thinking of Dapic 9220 with maps 2 Din, looks like the Chevy Spark has a 2 Din slot, not sure if it will fit in or not.

Please comment on Pioneer DEH-X8950bt audio quality vs Sony single din (currently installed). Is it worth to have Dapic 9220 HU?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks