Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2006, 17:10   #16
elf
BANNED

Oi Auntie, sorry ...

OI!

Quit bothering me! The dark / light color problem shall be fixed shortly, though you wouldn't have it if you'd use a world standard browser like the far superior IE instead of browsers from obscure, garage-based companies like Mojhilla, Aupera, Nestcape or other such cheap home-made types.

And to the ensuing invectives that are sure to follow... I'll tell your mummy.

Now that general introduction has been made, on to more personal responses...

@navin: (Navinji, like KennyG??)
Thanks for the intro to the ICE section .
I'm just trying to be a non-smart (dumb?) alec, but am having a tough time, although I was planning to be sweet to those around here, considering that they're allegedly far more knowlegeable than I am about ICE, & not pouring Vodka & a soda over it, but now am having second thoughts.
Also I totally deppirt tuo no ruoy ngis-llac.

@Bass&Trouble:
Even I want a 1000W dust cap
(even though I don't go out into dusty conditions often, & shampoo my hair whenever I can).
Please deliver it to Sam, & he can give it to me.

Before you deliver, please let me know...
1. What happens if there's more than 1000W of dust?
2. Does the cap come in fitted sizes? or
3. One size fits all?
Gotta funny shaped head, so one must look gift horse in mouth.

Also, personal slurs about the quality & capacity of Sam's dust caps shall not be tolerated - he's gotta lotta hair, & he goes through great pains to take care of it. If he says his dust cap's rated at 1000W, it's good enough for me!

And lastly, I hate to break this to you, but dust is measured in particles per cubic foot, & not watts.

@iraghava, speedzak, udders...:
Go find something else to do - I was only kidding about picking faults in Sam's site... (talk about a can of worms).

Maybe you could find out what happens when you put more than 1000W into B&T's dust caps...

Ciao Cows!
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:05   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
OI!

Quit bothering me! The dark / light color problem shall be fixed shortly, though you wouldn't have it if you'd use a world standard browser like the far superior IE instead of browsers from obscure, garage-based companies like Mojhilla, Aupera, Nestcape or other such cheap home-made types.

MAN!!!!!!! You're definitely on the wrong side of the world! Or maybe your mummy fed you with lot of Microsoft stuff that you called IE the greatest!!! definitely not!!!
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:29   #18
elf
BANNED

The start of the T-BHP browser wars...

@speedzak:
Apropos: "the wrong side of the world" -

I called IE a world standard browser, not the world's best (which is subjective anyways).
Also remember - one cannot eat Microsoft products - CDs have a very bad aftertaste, & the texture leaves a lot to be desired...

Currently (& I'm not kidding), between 60-70% of the world's using MS IE.
(Source 1: http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/stat.htm)
(Source 2: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp)

Yes, I know that it's bundled with Windows, yakk, yakk, yakk, yakk, but doesn't detract from the fact that it's a far superior product to the competition.

This comes from the fact that it allows you greater control to design, layout & execute in it. Used to be a Netscape dinosaur myself up until version 3. Once IE4 onward came out, I became a Microsoft fan.

Mozilla, udders are crap, from a design deployment point of view. They have extremely vague coding execution, & have problems with even basic css.

Also, due to the lack of standards & MS going down it's own development route with their browsers, we have to address the issues of the majority of the world, & simply let the rest eat cake. Especially in a commercial environment... just like politics!

I should know, been doing what I do for ten years now.

Are we now going to see the start of the T-BHP browser wars...?

Ciao!

Last edited by elf : 23rd August 2006 at 19:33.
Old 23rd August 2006, 22:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf

@Bass&Trouble:
Even I want a 1000W dust cap
(even though I don't go out into dusty conditions often, & shampoo my hair whenever I can).
Please deliver it to Sam, & he can give it to me.

Uh, I suggested the cap considering that the direction of mass flow would be exactly opposite of what you seem to have made of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Before you deliver, please let me know...
1. What happens if there's more than 1000W of dust?

If this happens within a year, we still honor the warranty and give you a replacement free of cost, and a handbook on better scalp maintenance practices (by Anupam Kher) to avoid this incident in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf

2. Does the cap come in fitted sizes? or
3. One size fits all?

There's a strap on the back for adjustments on the regular ones, AND there's a DVC version for people who have a Siamese twin. Sam told me that those two categories more or less make up most of JBL clients that wear caps. The rest of course say 'Balle Balle'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Gotta funny shaped head, so one must look gift horse in mouth.
No wonder elves always wear caps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
And lastly, I hate to break this to you, but dust is measured in particles per cubic foot, & not watts.
Sure! And IE is the best browser. Why not, why not?

Around here, everything is measured in watts (much like your geeky forums probably, where you must be like 30-40 GBs old).

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 23rd August 2006 at 22:49.
Old 24th August 2006, 03:38   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Baap re baap, what happened here.

Guys, yes, elf designs the FXaudio website. His work is good and that's why we tolerate his smart-alec comments.
Buss, now dont spoil the ICE forum.
Navin, please close this thread thanks.
Old 24th August 2006, 03:55   #21
elf
BANNED

After hours of pondering over a suitable response, I have made my decision.

I'd prefer to be known as a pseudo-intellectual, as opposed to a geek. Geeks spend all their time online. I spend mine my time sleeping, trying to figure out my car & the current level of ICE in my drink.

The only forum I'm on is this one, SO THERE !

Mods - we gotta get more smilies...

PS - I really like this guy, B&T! Where have you been all my life dude? And before any homophobic nutcase goes ballistic - No, I'm not coming onto you.

Last edited by elf : 24th August 2006 at 04:09.
Old 24th August 2006, 09:29   #22
BANNED

I'm just out of words here.
OT, Elf can design my next website!

Mods! This thread has done it's job and can be closed now. (before we get more bashing from ELF)
Old 24th August 2006, 10:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
and boys be careful ELF has a wicked sense of humor. most of you on ICE may not have read his posts. Between B&T, Sam and him I see lots of fun times for ICE if ELF decides to stick around.
Naveen after the last few posts from Elf, I think now we FULLY understand what you meant!!

Elf keep them coming brother
Old 24th August 2006, 12:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
PS - I really like this guy, B&T! Where have you been all my life dude? And before any homophobic nutcase goes ballistic - No, I'm not coming onto you.
You are a really welcome addition (to the ICE section) yourself. (I wonder how Sam finds all the looneys! )

@ Sam - I was just messing, you know me. (Right, that's all I do!)

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 24th August 2006 at 12:02.
Old 24th August 2006, 12:00   #25
elf
BANNED

Where me bashing-fashing? In the immortal words of Simon & Garfield... "I'm just a poor boy though my story's seldom told..."
Old 24th August 2006, 12:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
In the immortal words of Simon & Garfield... "I'm just a poor boy though my story's seldom told..."
???? You mean Garfield the Cat
Old 24th August 2006, 12:06   #27
elf
BANNED

No. Garfunkel the president.
Old 24th August 2006, 15:01   #28
Team-BHP Support

Geez. Elf you are not old enough to know that. The "US of A" did have Garfield for president for one year (1881).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks