Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 12:18   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
this is normal for ur age.... BTW,whats ur age?.
Actually I am not that old chronologically (born 1963) but I did a lot of stupid things as a teenager. Seems to affect my memory now.
Old 5th September 2006, 17:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Both the car pics will be up in the respective threads. Will click them today itself.

Viper
Ding Dong..
When You Will Post The Pics ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 5th September 2006, 19:55   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
Ding Dong..
When You Will Post The Pics ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Hi,

I guess tomorrow since it is a holiday and finally have some spare time.

Viper
Old 20th May 2007, 01:20   #34
BHPian

If you are going to buy a new Innova, can you have the dealer take the stock stereo out and get credit for that (either in cash or with other accessories)?

If not, how much would the stock system be worth in the market?
Old 20th May 2007, 12:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
If you are going to buy a new Innova, can you have the dealer take the stock stereo out and get credit for that (either in cash or with other accessories)?

If not, how much would the stock system be worth in the market?
As far as i know they will not take it, i sold mine innova's stock head unit and speakers for 12K.
Old 20th May 2007, 18:10   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
As far as i know they will not take it, i sold mine innova's stock head unit and speakers for 12K.
12K is a good price.
Old 20th May 2007, 23:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
12K is a good price.
Depends on the model I guess. Innova V comes with a 2-Din CD+CST player and 6 speakers; for which 12K may sound reasonable. But poor Innova G owners get a CST player, 4 speakers; which nobody wants. The dealer will offer 2K discount to new HU he's selling you, and an aftermarket audio shop won't take it for exchange at all.

Kousik
Old 21st May 2007, 00:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Guys,

Just finished the install yesterday. Below is the final configuration in the car.

1> HU - Sony MEX R1
2> Front Speakers - Kicker ES 6.2 (6.5" Components)
3> Rear Speakers - Kicker ES 6.2 (6.5" Components)
4> Screen - Necvox 9.2" Roof Mount
5> Woofer - Kicker 12" - ES 124 fitted in a box
6> Amp for speakers - Kenwood 8401 (60 x 4 WRMS)
7> Amp for Woofer - Sound Stream 240.2 - (60 x 2 WRMS)
8> Wiring - Kicker Amplifier wiring kit.

No pics as yet will try to click some in a day or two. The sound sounds superb and end result is a very happy friend. The whole setup cost him Rs.55k/-

Viper

Would love to see prices of each item individually, if you can. Regarding the M-Ex R1, it plays DVD movies fine, but it is the DVD Mp3s that take some serious time to start playing, otherwise the player is not bad, though the highs are pretty high sounding. i am using this for the last 10 months.
Old 21st May 2007, 13:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
12K is a good price.
I got 12k because I sold it to another Innova G owner, so he can replace his single din hu to double din Cd+Cst in his Taxi.
Old 22nd May 2007, 18:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Depends on the model I guess. Innova V comes with a 2-Din CD+CST player and 6 speakers; for which 12K may sound reasonable. But poor Innova G owners get a CST player, 4 speakers; which nobody wants. The dealer will offer 2K discount to new HU he's selling you, and an aftermarket audio shop won't take it for exchange at all.

Kousik
Interesting.

I'm planning on getting an Innova V. I don't really care about replacing the speakers since I'm not an audiophile.

I just want a head unit that can take USB input. (A huge bunch of CDs, or a CD changer, or burning a custom MP3 CDR everytime is a pain compared to just plugging in a USB thumb drive w/ your MP3 files.)

Anybody have any recommendations?
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I just want a head unit that can take USB input. (A huge bunch of CDs, or a CD changer, or burning a custom MP3 CDR everytime is a pain compared to just plugging in a USB thumb drive w/ your MP3 files.)

I asked the same question in another thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...available.html
Old 24th May 2007, 03:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting.

I'm planning on getting an Innova V. I don't really care about replacing the speakers since I'm not an audiophile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
I asked the same question in another thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...available.html

there are many brands which make USB enabled HU made by sony jvc kenwood...but I would recommend the pioneer 7950UB it sells for 14.5k with b/w and in grey it is for approx 10k...as it has god features when compared to other
Old 10th October 2007, 21:58   #43
BHPian

I'm completely clueless about ICE. If budget is not a serious constraint and I want a big screen DVD player and a nice cd/mp3 setup which can be managed from the middle row for my chauffered Innova - Can someone recommend a good shop to go to in mumbai ?

Also, where can I get some custom work done in the interiors - as i add a collapsible writing table, small storage space for water bottles, snacks, tissues etc ?
Old 11th October 2007, 11:56   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortfreak View Post
I'm completely clueless about ICE. If budget is not a serious constraint and I want a big screen DVD player and a nice cd/mp3 setup which can be managed from the middle row for my chauffered Innova - Can someone recommend a good shop to go to in mumbai ?

Also, where can I get some custom work done in the interiors - as i add a collapsible writing table, small storage space for water bottles, snacks, tissues etc ?
how big a screen. 10" ok? I think that it might be about the largest roof mounted screen available locally.

otherwise see if you can find this...
13.3-inch Flip-down PAL/NTSC Roof-mounted TFT LCD Monitor Manufacturer, Exporter : Guangzhou Weier Shunfa Electronic Co. Ltd

Last edited by navin : 11th October 2007 at 12:00.
Old 11th October 2007, 17:06   #45
BHPian

I was thinking 12". 9" was too small and 15" is obviously too large. My wife is in the film industry and likes to 'work' during long commutes by watching clips and other video stuff. The 13.3" looks good - any idea where I can get these in mumbai ?

I'd really appreciate any feedback about a good ICE setup shop/person to go to in mumbai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks