Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2015, 19:14   #1
BHPian

Novice ICE for my Maruti Alto K10 AMT

Hi all. My Alto K10 AMT is going great and you can read my ownership review here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...lean-blue.html

The stock audio consists of Nippon NC67PO head unit and speakers in front doors. The stock setup was very average with the sound coming from the bottom of the front doors. Upgrading the stock audio was on cards right from day one but me being a noob and lack of time meant I had to keep it on hold. TeamBhp was of immense help in helping me understand car audio better and after identifying the speakers the install was done.

The Set up:
I wanted to retain the OEM head unit for OEM looks and had very tight budget so did not invest on amplifier. With the stock head unit and no external amplifier I knew I can't ask for much. My requirements were fairly simple, surround sound and decent bass. After going through teambhp ICE threads, the internet and few local car accessory shops Pioneer TSA935 6x9 speakers and Ground Zero GZA19T silk dome tweeters were shortlisted. The install was done in a local car accessories shop called Friends Car Accessories, they are authorized dealers for Pioneer car audio and did a fairly decent job in installing the speakers.

6x9s were fixed on wooden plank at the rear.
Tweeters were placed on the dash near the A pillar.
Stock speakers on front doors.

Initial Impressions:
The overall sound output is good. The rear 6x9s, front door speakers and tweeters fill the cabin with good surround sound and good SQ. The Pioneer 6x9s give good treble and mid-bass, the Ground Zero tweeters are nice and provide crisp and clear output. I would recommend this set up to anyone looking for a simple upgrade from similar stock set up.

Future upgrade:
A better head unit or amplifier will definitely enable the speakers to perform at its fullest potential. I intend to upgrade this setup after a year with double din touch unit and amplifier.

Overall cost:
Pioneer TSA935 : Rs2500
Ground Zero GZA19T: Rs900
Installation and wooden plank: Free of cost

Few pictures of the setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Novice ICE for my Maruti Alto K10 AMT-001.jpeg  

Novice ICE for my Maruti Alto K10 AMT-002.jpeg  

Novice ICE for my Maruti Alto K10 AMT-003.jpg  

Novice ICE for my Maruti Alto K10 AMT-004.jpg  

Novice ICE for my Maruti Alto K10 AMT-005.jpg  

Novice ICE for my Maruti Alto K10 AMT-006.jpg  

Novice ICE for my Maruti Alto K10 AMT-007.jpg  

Last edited by Torino : 25th May 2015 at 15:44.
Torino is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 13:28   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Novice ICE for my Maruti Alto K10 AMT

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the ICE Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 27th May 2015, 14:41   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Overall cost:
Pioneer TSA935 : Rs2500
Ground Zero GZA19T: Rs900
Installation and wooden plank: Free of cost

Few pictures of the setup.
Any idea what make are the front speakers?

I am letting the ICE stock currently and letting it be on the front speakers. Will later upgrade the front + rear.
Old 28th May 2015, 07:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any idea what make are the front speakers?

I am letting the ICE stock currently and letting it be on the front speakers. Will later upgrade the front + rear.
Hi Anurag. Stock HU is very easy to reach and operate. Stock speakers do a fairly decent job and you wont complain for its capability until you upgrade. Do keep us updated when you upgrade.
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:24   #5
BHPian

Hey, that's a great install within a good budget. I am considering upgrading my Alto K10 VXI AMT speakers too. Although I think the front speakers do pack a punch and are quite good for OEM stuff. About your future plan to upgrade the HU, what are the options? It will mean doing away with the piano black finish HU, right?

BTW, the mini yellow car replica looks nice.

Last edited by wishnipon : 23rd October 2015 at 20:26.
wishnipon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 11:31   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
Hey, that's a great install within a good budget. I am considering upgrading my Alto K10 VXI AMT speakers too. Although I think the front speakers do pack a punch and are quite good for OEM stuff. About your future plan to upgrade the HU, what are the options? It will mean doing away with the piano black finish HU, right?

BTW, the mini yellow car replica looks nice.
Hi wishnipon, the current setup is performing well and a good aftermarket HU will enhance the sound output even further. The OEM front door speakers are very decent and I have retained them. My initial plan was to replace the HU as well but lack of funds kept me in the folds. Now I have shortlisted entry level (limited budget) touch screen HU’s from Sony and Pioneer both of them cost around 11k online and I am yet to check the prices as well as the HU replacement panel in local car accessories shops. These do not have Bluetooth facility and I am comfortable with my Nokia in-ear Bluetooth device.

Pioneer MVH-AV179 : It looks better than the Sony but the on screen touch buttons are small. It has USB and AUX ports in the back and I don’t like wires in my glove box.
Sony XAV-65: This looks boring with rotary volume button but I like it’s on screen touch buttons and USB/AUX ports in the front.

I am not an expert in ICE setup. Please share your thoughts on these HU's and comment.

And thanks, that’s a yellow Hotwheels Aston Martin One-77. It fits perfectly in the slot.
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 23:30   #7
BHPian

I checked both links. No USB or aux ports in front make no sense IMHO, Sony has my vote. I am wondering though how these rectangular HUs will fit in the K10 which has a trapezoid HU.
Old 18th April 2016, 10:54   #8
BHPian

Dear All,

It has been almost a year with the set up and there has been no upgrades in the set up till now and the audio output is decent. The one year ownership review is here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-update-7.html.

Recently in my return trip from Kerala on a hot sunny day there was a disturbance sound in front after-market tweeters whenever I pressed the horn. This disturbance sound was present for few hours on that afternoon. The music from AUX was played at normal sound level during the entire trip. What could be the reason for this disturbance sound? AC was used all the time but the tweeters and rear speakers did get hot due to the direct afternoon sun. Can this be due to poor quality of wires used?
Old 18th April 2016, 18:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
... Recently in my return trip from Kerala on a hot sunny day there was a disturbance sound in front after-market tweeters whenever I pressed the horn. This disturbance sound was present for few hours on that afternoon. ...
The problem was with the horn. Or rather, with the spark suppressor capacitor in the horn. The unsuppressed spark was radiating RF which was causing interference in the tweeter line.
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 13:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The problem was with the horn.
Thank you DerAlte, I will check the horn.
Old 31st December 2017, 23:37   #11
BHPian

@Torino: did you get any of the HUs you were planning to? I came across this car radio fascia kit on AliExpress meant specifically for the 2014 Alto K10. This will leave no gap around the new HU. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...819167901.html
Old 4th January 2018, 11:25   #12
BHPian

Hi wishnipon, thanks for the link. I haven't got the HU yet. But I am closely following some entry level touch screen units such as the Pioneer MVH AV199 and Blaupunkt San Marino 330 both priced around Rs10500 in Amazon. They say you can never go wrong with a Pioneer but I like the bluetooth and phone link features in the Blaupunkt. Are you planning to upgrade the HU, any suggestions?
Old 28th March 2018, 18:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi Torino,

Images in the post seem to have some issue. I am unable to view them. Shall you please check? Eager to see your installation
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 18:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Hi Torino,

Images in the post seem to have some issue. I am unable to view them. Shall you please check? Eager to see your installation
Hi AkMar. The review is now in this thread Head-Unit Review: Blaupunkt Symphony Saint Louis 350

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks