Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2016, 10:57   #16

Re: Renault Lodgy / Duster - Updating Navigation Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
This is in use by many of our Team Duster India Forum Guys with Stock NAV System. Duster RXZ had an NAV System but without reverse camera setup so this 3k opens the entire avenue of options to the existing owner rather than looking for another Navigation System.
Reliability is not a Gamble as it comes with its dedicated Tech Support for Stock System and haven't come across a case where it stopped working in our forum.
Hey Guys,
I have a duster AWD - 1 year old and am loving the features of <https://mena.co/>
I have a few queries regarding the same though:
1. Would loading this firmware violate the warranty ?
2. Would installing a reverse camera violate the warranty too ?
3. Any suggestions for shops to get the reverse camera installed in Hyderabad ?
Old 10th June 2016, 12:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin View Post
Hey Guys,
I have a duster AWD - 1 year old and am loving the features of <https://mena.co/>
I have a few queries regarding the same though:
?
Tried to send this to you as a PM, but looks like its blocked;

If Interested join on FB Group "Renault Duster Owners India" and you can discuss with other owners from HYD as well and users of this update.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 13:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post

5. After the process is complete on your PC, pop the USB stick again into your Media Nav in the car. The updation process should begin right away. Click OK if prompted to allow updates. Ensure the system doesn't turn off while updating. A better idea would be, to go on a drive till its complete. That's it, job done.

Post the update, I see a lot of new Points of Interest, clearly marked slip roads and small lanes. I'm happy with the new map.
Thanks to the instructions, I did manage to update the SW version on my Lodgy from 4.0.5 to 4.0.6 (appears to be the latest for LG based MediaNav Classic), but I didn't see the options to update maps, so will try this procedure again to see if I can update maps. My maps are from 2012 (i.e. 3 yrs older than the car itself !!).

OTOH, not sure if this is the right thread (and tried to look for better threads), but wondering if any Renault owner with this MediaNav system has had issues with Bluetooth pairing and usage of the ICE for hands-free calling ? This feature used to work perfectly on my phone until about 8-9 months back. Then, after many factory-resets, re-pairing etc., through some strange chain of actions I could manage to revive this feature few times. However, now I've no success. I've tried 5-6 different phones from different manufacturers, and nothing helps. The pairing succeeds, I can see the battery level and signal strength indications on-screen, but I can neither make or receive calls. Also, the phone-book / call-history is not shown, nor does the music being played stop when attempting to dial-out.

If anyone else faced similar issue and found out the right way to get the handsfree calling to work again, with some Android phone, would be great to know.

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 28th July 2018, 14:59   #19
BHPian

Hi All,

I am interested in updating (just the operating system) my Duster's default MediaNav to something which supports Apple Car Play and Android Auto. Is it just me who is looking for it or does anyone has any leads to get this done?

Thanks in advance
Sri
Old 13th April 2019, 12:11   #20
BHPian

Bumping up this thread.
Is there an update to enable android auto ?
I got a notification in Renault app showing how to use android auto in the media nav, but couldn't find means to update the older system
any pointers ?
Old 23rd April 2019, 18:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Bumping up this thread.
Is there an update to enable android auto ?
I got a notification in Renault app showing how to use android auto in the media nav, but couldn't find means to update the older system
any pointers ?
I got an email from Renault about this. So went ahead and did some googling and below is what I found.

There is a newer MedianNav Evolution named V2, which is for Mid 2018 and newer vehicles. This is probably an upgraded hardware, which has the firmware version 1.0.13.1. This version of firmware has the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay enabled.

See more details here: https://www.gps-rlink.com/medianav/u...ware-medianav/

I tried to check if this can be installed in the MediaNav Evolution V1 which comes in the vehicles from Mid 2015 - Mid 2018 (I have a 2017 Duster). I downloaded the MediaNav Toolbox in computer and then inserted by USB flash drive (already captured the vehicle info in the drive prior to this step), but the newer toolbox software didn't seems to be recognizing my USB drive, probably because of the older version which got stamped in it while gathering the device info from the vehicle at the first step.

Has anyone been able to find out if there is a way of installing version 1.0.13.1 in the older MediaNav Evolution V1 unit?
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

The new headunit has a capacitive touch screen with high resolution screen as per media reports. The only option for previous owners is to buy the mirror link module and do the wiring.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The new headunit has a capacitive touch screen with high resolution screen as per media reports. The only option for previous owners is to buy the mirror link module and do the wiring.
If that is the only option left, then I would prefer getting an aftermarket head unit with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support. Would work better than this crappy MediaNav in terms of performance and layout.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks