Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:32   #1
BHPian

SD Card with pre-loaded songs

All
My new car doesn't have a CD player but does provide a card reader. I now need to buy an SD card with some pre-loaded songs for those moments when the radio only broadcasts ads.

We don't have a big music library at home and hence can't really fill up the SD card on our own. I am looking to buy a few such cards with pre-loaded songs. Unfortunately, amazon and others are only showing a few USB based options.
Can anybody help by suggesting how to go about doing this?
Much appreciated.
DJ
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: SD Card with pre-loaded songs

Your best bet really would be to buy an SD card and then transfer music onto it from your computer.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd September 2017 at 11:53. Reason: Sarcasm is just not necessary here. As a senior member you must kep this in mind. Thanks.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:32   #3
BHPian

Downloading songs on your phone/pc and then transferring them to the SD card is the most practical option.
You don't need a large home music library for it. Just find songs of the genres you like listening to,download them and fill the SD card.
Skyline_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 16:32   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
My new car doesn't have a CD player but does provide a card reader. I now need to buy an SD card with some pre-loaded songs
For someone who signs off as 'DJ', how can you let anyone else choose the songs for you? That's sacrilege .

1. Buy SD card on Amazon - 2 minutes

2. Download & install iTunes - 5 minutes

3. Download 50 - 100 of your favourite songs while the SD card is shipped to you. Worth the investment, trust me....my iTunes is filled with 3,000+ songs which are relished everyday. I've built this collection over decades.

Start there and ever so often, keep buying more of your favourite songs.

Alternatively, get a streaming radio membership - related thread. Install the app on your phone & you're all set.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd September 2017 at 16:33.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 16:44   #5
Team-BHP Support

Is your car equipped with Bluetooth? If yes, get a subscription of any music application like Wynk/Gaana or any.

That is what I do and play music from phone at home/work/car. No need to carry your music in external format.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 16:59   #6
BHPian

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Obviously buying a blank SD card from Amazon and then downloading a ton of songs on my PC is what I thought of in the first place. However, I don't have a lot of songs and it will take a long time to download. Secondly, I do use streaming audio a lot but it won't work when we are on a road trip without phone coverage. Lots of jokes here about my name as well about my designation. Very funny guys 😀
I was hoping for suggestions where I can buy a pre-loaded card but maybe that was too much to expect.
pickdj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:10   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Obviously buying a blank SD card from Amazon and then downloading a ton of songs on my PC is what I thought of in the first place. However, I don't have a lot of songs and it will take a long time to download. Secondly, I do use streaming audio a lot but it won't work when we are on a road trip without phone coverage. Lots of jokes here about my name as well about my designation. Very funny guys ��
I was hoping for suggestions where I can buy a pre-loaded card but maybe that was too much to expect.
Hey, hey, dont get upset.
Let me guide you a bit. One, you will not legitimately get sd cards with songs on them. An album retails for how much? Put 100+ of them on a card, how much would that be for??
What you are asking for is those neighbourhood mobile stores which sell all things related to phones and memories. They usually have those signs which say "Yahan phone mein gaane aur filmein bhare jaate hain"( We load phones with songs and movies). They might be able to help you out. Not might, they WILL do that. You can buy an SD card from them, or take your own. Visit one, they have huge collections. But like I said, legitimacy is the issue.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 17:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
All
My new car doesn't have a CD player but does provide a card reader. I now need to buy an SD card with some pre-loaded songs for those moments when the radio only broadcasts ads.

DJ
There's a product called "music card" on Amazon- it is in the form of a USB drive. Right now, a lot of classic albums are available, but international music seems to be absent (maybe due to copyright issues in India-not sure about this).

As people have pointed out, it makes more sense to buy a card and then download the music. You mentioned that you do not have a big collection yet- but that's not too difficult to get these days. If you use the Gaana.com app, it has a very good interface that lets you select all songs belonging to a genre/artist. For international music, I usually use youtube connected to a bluetooth device. There are ways to download albums from youtube, but that's not legal so I will not recommend it here.
Nissan1180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 08:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All

We don't have a big music library at home and hence can't really fill up the SD card on our own. I am looking to buy a few such cards with pre-loaded songs. Unfortunately, amazon and others are only showing a few USB based options.
Much appreciated.
DJ
http://www.saregama.com/gift?type=card gives you option of buying cards with pre-loaded music. It is mostly old Hindi songs. The quality of their songs are good. I have not purchased cards from them, but have purchased mp3 and hd quality individual songs/albums.
pjbiju is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 09:01   #10

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 4th September 2017 at 10:02.
SVNY is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd September 2017, 20:41   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All

Much appreciated.
DJ
I use Wynk. It gives you the option to download the songs on your device - to work without any connectivity. Similar options might be available from other streaming services too. Check out this option in the ones you use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You can buy an SD card from them, or take your own. Visit one, they have huge collections. But like I said, legitimacy is the issue.
+1, this is the only option and quite freely available - but please consider getting the songs officially to support the artists. Plenty of streaming services now offer per song purchases and downloads.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 13:58   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
http://www.saregama.com/gift?type=card gives you option of buying cards with pre-loaded music. It is mostly old Hindi songs. The quality of their songs are good. I have not purchased cards from them, but have purchased mp3 and hd quality individual songs/albums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hey, hey, dont get upset.
Let me guide you a bit. One, you will not legitimately get sd cards with songs on them.
PickDJ, I would strongly suggest that as you find time you should "make" your own MP3 files.

If you search for posts made by Sam Kapasi or myself you will find instructions on how to best rip your own MP3s.

LAME might well still be the best encoder there is. More information on post #30 here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...tml#post137439
Old 4th September 2017, 18:01   #13
BHPian

If you wish to go for something economical, get a Jio SIM. Jio music app has a vast variety of indian/international/regional songs. You can download the songs/albums for offline usage too. The best thing is that the subscription is free.

Moreover, you get so many entertainment apps like Jio TV, Jio cinema absolutely free.

I am not associated with Jio in any way. I am using the same app. I am just sharing the experience.

If you only want a preloaded SD card , visit any cigerette shop attached to a highway restaurant. Most of them keep these preloaded SD cards for truckers. If luck favors, you will get so many options to choose from. Legality of the same is a different issue.

Last edited by Ry_der : 4th September 2017 at 18:06.
Old 4th September 2017, 19:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

There is a reason why it won't be easy to find exactly what you're looking for as Mayankk suggested it simply isn't economically feasible for companies to offer you such a solution. Your best bet would be to go to one of those roadside dukaans. Otherwise if you're willing to foot the bill and shipping costs I also don't mind picking up an SD card when I go through the City and transferring whatever kind of music you want onto it and then sending it over to your address

There are also lots of brilliant music services these days like Google Play music, iTunes, Wynk etc. I pay 89Rs a month for my Play Music subscription and it has everything I need also lets you download albums to listen to offline when there's no connectivity. It's just that not only is it not economically feasible for companies to offer SD cards with copyrighted music on them, there are also so many better ways to go about getting music.
Old 4th September 2017, 20:00   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have not purchased cards from them, but have purchased mp3 and hd quality individual songs/albums.
Went with your suggestion and purchased 2 cards, I believe they have original rights for most of the music from the golden era and this should definitely sound better than app based. Will post here when I get the stuff. And they do ship on COD basis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks