Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2005, 23:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Tongshi DambR

Hey fellas... was jus browsing the worldspace forums... apparently, u can get a Tongshi - DambR set that can be installed in a car and will catch worldspace in your car!! But u cant get it from the WorldSpace centers in india...u will havta get it from the net...
Tongshi link : http://www.radio-hundred.com/damb-r.htm
Link to WS Forum : http://www.worldspaceasia.com/module...er=asc&start=0

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 17th June 2005, 12:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Tongshi DAMB-R

Hey guys

Got myself a Tongshi DAMB-R (recommended by Amitoj) as a loyalty reward on my credit card...it comes with a stand for the receiver inside the car and a magnetic stand for the antenna. Will check out the car usage and let you know, but coverage for the AsiaStar bouquet is not as good as those for other satellites here in Dubai and I've subscribed to the asian package...

PS: Can the USB cable used to record the programmes on to your hard disk in the mp3 format? If yes, how good is the encoding?
Old 17th June 2005, 17:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
does XM exist in India?
I am afraid not. I guess we still have to wait for the likes of XM or Sirius satellite radio with so many speciality channels to choose from, in a car!
Old 17th June 2005, 18:31   #19
BANNED

Hmm. According to

http://www.worldspaceasia.com/module...iewtopic&p=814

there's a gentleman who claims to have bought this Tongshi unit for his car in Hyderabad for 15K.

I have a 10 CD MP3 changer but would not mind a good mix of radio stations for the times when I'm not choosy.

hrag

Last edited by hrag : 17th June 2005 at 18:33.
Old 17th June 2005, 22:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Hmm. According to

http://www.worldspaceasia.com/module...iewtopic&p=814

there's a gentleman who claims to have bought this Tongshi unit for his car in Hyderabad for 15K.
People in Hyderabad must be making a lot of money, because the same thing retails out here with a Gold Subscription for about Rs.6,000/-
Old 18th June 2005, 11:38   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
True....all these FM channels need to have 60% of the songs in hindi for the mass listeners.That truly sucks.
Is this mandated? by whom AIR? why not let the publc deicde what they want to hear? MTV and VTV have been quite succesful in pushing Hindi-pop. I thought it was the pubic that forced the change not a GOI body's (not sure which) ruling.

Last edited by navin : 18th June 2005 at 11:40.
Old 2nd July 2005, 17:22   #22
BHPian

hey guys,
bought a WorldSpace G*HANZ reciver for my home a couple of months back, and i found out that some people have been using the World Space in their car via antennas from abroad. They are special kinda, and they r not up to the mark, i.e they dont work clear under trees, and they dont work at all in basements.

From what the dealer i bought from, told me , is that they might be coming out with a proper Car setup sometime later this year. As of today, WorldSpace doesnt have a CAR KIT anywhere in the World.
Old 17th June 2006, 03:41   #23
BHPian

Satellite receivers - XM and Sirius --- Does these work in india?

Heei guys ...

Can anyone tell me about the Xm and sirius satellite radio receiving from india ....... hw wud b the clarity if it is there ....

Thanks............
Old 17th June 2006, 04:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

No

Sirius and Xm wont work in INdia.

But India has a better service by the name worldspace.

the only drawback is high-quality receivers.
Old 17th June 2006, 04:20   #25
BHPian

Thank you devarshi84........ yea i know about hte worldspace ... Infact i have the receiver back in bangalore.. Just that i wanted know about this xm and sirius ... in that case if this works i was planning to get some plug n play car receivers kit ...

Anyways, that's of no use in india so i wouldnt waste ma money on that ..
Old 17th June 2006, 04:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

while All the three are satelite radio companies, there is something that doesnt make the units run on each other.

I read an article on this one a long time back. Though something maybe out soon which runs all the three satelite radio station services and then the true potential of satelite radio will be extracted.
Old 17th June 2006, 10:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Worldspace needs stationary antenna and XM,Sirius can be heard while you travel. right?

Last edited by jkdas : 17th June 2006 at 10:27.
Old 17th June 2006, 10:39   #28
Team-BHP Support

Right JK. No XM, HD, or Sirrus in India. Given the state of our FM I wont expect it anytime soon either.
Old 17th June 2006, 11:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Worldspace needs stationary antenna and XM,Sirius can be heard while you travel. right?

Wrong. even worldspace can be heard while travelling. Infact worldspace has better and stronger coverage than the two.

It's just that Worldspace is not taking the market seriously.

And xm and sirius cannot come to India because their satelite's are not present aboe our country.
Old 17th June 2006, 11:29   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Wrong. even worldspace can be heard while travelling. Infact worldspace has better and stronger coverage than the two.

It's just that Worldspace is not taking the market seriously.

And xm and sirius cannot come to India because their satelite's are not present aboe our country.

really!!!!!!!! Few months i asked its dealer whether it can be installed in car? And he said no as it needs antenna which is to be installed on roof top.

So devarshi,where will u install this antenna on car??If it can be,i will go for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks