Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2006, 01:07   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Are you sure Kb? Thats highly improbable unless they are sitting next to glass windows! The signal does not come through walls at all.

With buildings around the signal will keep breaking up.
Well.. I have seen them.. and did not pay too much attention at the time.. Hence cant comment onthe line of sight business
Old 20th June 2006, 04:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

why is everybody shouting about LOS stuff?

I have been to underground shops and they have satelite radios playing in good quality.
Old 20th June 2006, 10:17   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
why is everybody shouting about LOS stuff?

I have been to underground shops and they have satelite radios playing in good quality.
Did you check the antenna connections - if what is shown is what is connected. Heck, my BPL Diva doesnt play if the angle isnt correct. LOS is required for WS satellite radio reception
Old 20th June 2006, 11:08   #64
BHPian

The Diva acts funny all the time. I own one too. The LOS needs to be absolutely clear. The reception is messed up on a cloudy day. I have noticed that some channels like maestro are less susceptible to interference.

And the sound is nowhere near CD quality.
Old 20th June 2006, 12:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
The Diva acts funny all the time. I own one too. The LOS needs to be absolutely clear. The reception is messed up on a cloudy day. I have noticed that some channels like maestro are less susceptible to interference.

Its MPEG 128kbps streaming. The sound pretty much sucks. I wouldnt buy one.

I use shoutcast AACplus streaming over my internet connection. Works far better. No LOS issues. Works anywhere in my home through wifi. Simple. Better. Free (well almost. Unlimited internet connection).
Old 20th June 2006, 12:31   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir

I use shoutcast AACplus streaming over my internet connection. Works far better. No LOS issues. Works anywhere in my home through wifi. Simple. Better. Free (well almost. Unlimited internet connection).
a lil OT gunbir
What Broadband connection do you use and what do you pay for it ?
Old 20th June 2006, 12:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
But how do you power the unit? Is the car's charging point able to provide enough power for the worldspace receiver?
Tongshi comes with a cigarette lighter adapter for car use.
Old 20th June 2006, 12:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yeah Gunbir. As the concept goes- radio should be free. Internet is free for me too and we usually party on weekends on streaming music. many streams play well over 160 kbps and a Creative Audigy 7.1 connected to the notebook makes all the right if not the best sounds needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Did you check the antenna connections - if what is shown is what is connected. Heck, my BPL Diva doesnt play if the angle isnt correct. LOS is required for WS satellite radio reception

Yeah.checked. The only difference the loss of LOC makes is the reduction in the number of stations you can hear. Atleast that's what I noticed.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 20th June 2006 at 12:47.
Old 20th June 2006, 12:59   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
a lil OT gunbir
What Broadband connection do you use and what do you pay for it ?

I use the Airtel 256 plan and I pay around 900pm for it. Considering I download in excess of 10GB each month, its a great deal with great service. I usually browse during the day (if I'm at home) and download at night (when Airtel doubles speed FOC to 512kbps).

BTW, for all who dont know already, the next BIG thing is being able to stream internet radio into your phone over GPRS. So you literally have thousands of radio stations wherever you go. This is not way off, in fact its beginning to hit the intl market as I type this.
Old 20th June 2006, 13:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, for all who dont know already, the next BIG thing is being able to stream internet radio into your phone over GPRS. So you literally have thousands of radio stations wherever you go. This is not way off, in fact its beginning to hit the intl market as I type this.
You'd need more than GPRS to get decent streaming. EDGE may do a slightly better job, but to really enjoy streaming media, video telephony and mobile TV you need 3G or HSPDA (better than UMTS).

Right now I can do this on my phone, except that I do it over WiFi.....there's no reason why tomorrow's headunits cannot be 3G/HSPDA capable so that they are able to receive streaming music on the go. Dont need satellite radio then.

We already have 3G-ready laptops with a slot for the USIM. Perhaps the day is not far off when we have a slot for the USIM on HeadUnits as well. Make your calls, browse the internet, send instant messages, watch television and listen to internet radio - ALL from your headunit. Try to keep your attention on the road, though......

Trust me - this is no fantasy. You'll see it sooner than later.

Till then, enjoy WorldSpace.

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th June 2006 at 13:12.
Old 20th June 2006, 13:12   #71
BHPian

after reading through the whole thing i wish i still had my us cable internet connection and XM :(
Old 20th June 2006, 13:46   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, should we start bombarding WS for car receivers or atleast antennas. May be they could do something like a limited release ?
Old 3rd September 2006, 19:08   #73

JAST: New WorldSpace mobile antennas for car and boat reception (www.jast.ch)

Hello everybody,

Please let me raise to your attention the following news, which I'm sure will be of interest for some of you.
Best regards,
FT

--------------------------------------------------------------------

JAST unveils the first Low-Profile Antenna for WorldSpace Satellite Radio Reception on cars and boats

JAST is pleased to announce the launch of the first compact low-profile antenna for the reception of the WorldSpace Satellite Radio.
Available in two versions for car (WSMAC-1) and boat (WSMAB-1) installation, the WorldSpace Mobile Antenna ensures the reception of WorldSpace Satellite Radio content in extreme conditions and regardless of vehicle motion.

The antenna guarantees a very wide reception coverage within Afristar and Asiastar footprints.
With an aesthetic design and a minimised aerodynamic impact the antenna is perfectly suited all types of vehicles and boats.
Compliant with the forthcoming "WorldSpace Mobile" receivers, the antenna is is also backward compatible with all existing receivers thanks to a small adapter usable with all existing receivers (Tongshi, AMI, BL, Hitachi,...).

For more information please contact our sales department:

JAST Antenna Systems
Sales & Marketing Division

PSE-C, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Tel.: +41.21.693.8922, Fax: +41.21.693.8920
e-mail: sales@jast.ch, Web: http://www.jast.ch
Old 4th September 2006, 10:51   #74
Team-BHP Support

ftiezzi, TBHP is a not a commercial site. If you represent JAST we cannot allow posts of this nature. Please ensure you read our RULES and Regulations before posting.
Old 4th September 2006, 16:51   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis

the diva is cheap & it sounds very cheap too. i was desparate to buy a WS radio, but listening to diva, i decided its not worth it. hope they bring out better radios. i heard that tongshi is better, but how much better is the question here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks