Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2019, 01:34   #46
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what settings you've kept for this particular subwoofer in your car.

Mine is an elite i20 (hatch) and I am struggling to find the right tuning for it.
Old 14th May 2019, 02:39   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A: Added a subwoofer to my Vitara Brezza

Try to keep crossover below 110HZ and then set gain as per your need. If you have taken line out directly from rear speakers, then set the bass or equalizer in the head unit at zero or flat. Adjust gain so that you can feel the bass but it isnt too overpowering. Once this is done you can control the using head unit settings. Regarding phase I have set it to zero since I must admit I dont know of a method to adjust this apart from the 'what sounds best' method. Like I had mentioned earlier since this is an 8inch sub its better not to extract too much out of it. It responds better when the crossover is set to a lower level.
Old 26th May 2019, 06:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Try to keep crossover below 110HZ and then set gain as per your need. If you have taken line out directly from rear speakers, then set the bass or equalizer in the head unit at zero or flat. Adjust gain so that you can feel the bass but it isnt too overpowering. Once this is done you can control the using head unit settings. Regarding phase I have set it to zero since I must admit I dont know of a method to adjust this apart from the 'what sounds best' method. Like I had mentioned earlier since this is an 8inch sub its better not to extract too much out of it. It responds better when the crossover is set to a lower level.
Thank you for some much needed direction. I was able to tweak the settings to bring out balanced yet punchy sound output with the combination of this particular subwoofer and an elite i20's factory audio HU.

The settings for reference are as follows:

Car Audio Unit Settings:

Bass: +5
Middle: +6
Treble: -2

Woofer Settings:

X Over: 120 hz
Phase: 40°
Gain: Exactly in the middle (or 1 step more)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks