Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2006, 17:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The Alpine F250 is not really capable of driving a 12" sub fullly. Tuning is not rocket science. Start with your HU's EQ set to flat and use your ears. You'll find it remarkably simple.
Pradeep, the Alpine F240 can drive a 12" sub well. Speedofreak used to have such a setup for a while and it had more than acceptable output. But that was a hatch (Swift) and an efficient sub. You will need more power in your case. Your wiring configuration seems fine. I suggest use your existing installer for further tuning.

Preet, just installing Rtypes and an Alpine HU cannot get you good sound, specially with fake amps, pioneer subs and ovals etc in the mix to screw things up.

I have told you this before, after which you go and spend more money on your system, but your problem doesnt go away... so here it is again...

> Get better amplification. It is the heart of any system, and in your case the weakest link.

> Remove the ovals.

> GO TO A GOOD INSTALLER!!! PLEASE!!!
Old 9th December 2006, 09:46   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Pradeep, the Alpine F240 can drive a 12" sub well...

Preet, just installing Rtypes and an Alpine HU cannot get you good sound, specially with fake amps, pioneer subs and ovals etc in the mix to screw things up.

I should have been more detailed. THe F240 (sorry aboutthe typo earlier) cant drive this 12" (esp in this car).

Preet,
If you sit in the front get the front sound right. Then integrate the subs and lastly add rear fill (in some cases people find rear fill redundant).
Old 9th December 2006, 23:28   #18
BHPian

setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
2 pair compos = 8 speakers
1 pair 2 way ovals = 4 speakers
1 sub = 1 speaker
Total = 13 speakers

I am assuming the compos would be in the doors and the ovals and the sub in a box in the back. Moodswings can confirm/elaborate.
That is exactly right, how the setup is. I have three amps, 2 Sony V series and a one extreme 2 channel amp bridged for the sub. i am plannning on replacing one of the 4 channel Sony amp whhich is old and perorming well.

Regards,
Preet
Old 9th December 2006, 23:31   #19
BHPian

Installation

Quote:
Pradeep, the Alpine F240 can drive a 12" sub well. Speedofreak used to have such a setup for a while and it had more than acceptable output. But that was a hatch (Swift) and an efficient sub. You will need more power in your case. Your wiring configuration seems fine. I suggest use your existing installer for further tuning.

I have told you this before, after which you go and spend more money on your system, but your problem doesnt go away... so here it is again...

> Get better amplification. It is the heart of any system, and in your case the weakest link.

> Remove the ovals.

Gunbir buddy as soon as the new amp. arrives i am going call you and fix a date and I want/request you to re-install the whole system for me post 20th december.

Regards,
Preet
Old 10th December 2006, 02:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings View Post
Gunbir buddy as soon as the new amp. arrives i am going call you and fix a date and I want/request you to re-install the whole system for me post 20th december.

Regards,
Preet
Yaar Preet... I don't install... ask anyone from the forum who've been around us. They'll tell you I just sit and yap... I'm good at that. Though I've done my share of installing in the past, they were all for myself or for close friends. Now when I do get my hands dirty its usually only for our own cars. I love installing but I'm also lazy. And with JB around... all I need to do is watch.

I would suggest Driven. He's a very good friend.. but more importantly, the best guy for your installation. And I think others (who have been to him) from the forum will agree with me.
Old 10th December 2006, 18:41   #21
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Yaar Preet... I don't install...
I would suggest Driven. He's a very good friend.. but more importantly, the best guy for your installation. And I think others (who have been to him) from the forum will agree with me.
Ok Gunbir, I will PM Driven and ask him when can we meet.'

Thanks for the suggestion Bro.

Regards,
Preet
Old 10th December 2006, 19:03   #22
BHPian

i second Gunbir. Driven is quite good at ICE installations. But be sure to check your other electronics after installations. In my case I later discovered that my power windows and power steering have stopped functioning. He has promised to rectify these problems for free...so no issues. Still, i would recommend him any day.
Old 11th December 2006, 11:00   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They'll tell you I just sit and yap... I'm good at that. And with JB around... all I need to do is watch..
Hey you said it! :-) LOL.

Preet, you might find you prefer a simpler install.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks