Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 19:18   #1
BHPian

Amplifiers for my Scorpio

Hello Experts,

Wanted your opinion, out of the four listed Links to Ebay for Car Amplifiers which one should I get:

1. eBay.ca: NEW AUDIOBAHN 600w 4 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER STEREO AMP $ (item 180060301396 end time 15-Dec-06 18:24:06 EST)

2. eBay.ca: ROCKFORD FOSGATE P4004 400 WATT 4 CH. Amplifier NEW 04 (item 250057715927 end time 12-Dec-06 03:44:58 EST)

3. eBay.ca: NEW ALPINE 4 CHANNEL 360w CAR AUDIO AMP SUB AMPLIFIER $ (item 180059524151 end time 13-Dec-06 23:58:15 EST)

4. eBay.ca: ALPINE MRP-F450 400 WATT RMS 4/2 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER (item 270064709000 end time 15-Dec-06 16:37:20 EST)

However, please suggest if any of the above are not good. The complete setup in my Scorpio is Alpine with:

Alpine 9833 HU, 2 pairs of R Series components and a woofer and ovals at the back. Only the Amps are not alpine. I have a total of 13 speakers icluding the tweeters/components/woofers etc. However the music quality is not optimum.

So, guys please suggest.

Regards,
Preet

Last edited by moodswings : 7th December 2006 at 19:37. Reason: wrong info
Old 7th December 2006, 19:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well I am not very sure if you want to fit the 4 channel amp for speakers only or sub also will be connected to this,
Considering these are all speaker amps and there is lot of variation in pricing also,
The Audiobahn A6004V is one of the Audiobahn amps that sound really neat with speakers. I have used both the A6004T and the 6004V, and they are very good VFM.
The Alpine amps too are good, the F250 is too less power and the gain has to go on the higer side for it to sound loud enough in a big car like the scorpio, so that is not your choice, the F450 is a better choice,this Alpine amp treble is quite clear.
Now, if you also planning to run a sub with this amp choice, then close your eyes and buy the RF P4004, very good on SQ and sounds neat with subs.

One little suggestion, the link you sent for the RF amp is INDOAUDIO, and he is a major con job artist. I know the guy from a looooong time, though he is one of the many Shooting Stars on eBay, but he has lots of negative feedback, he is infamous for listing stuff thathe does not stock and when its on a backorder he will ship it to you after a month, check his negative feedback ratings and read what people write, he is not good.
and the worst part is he is an INDIAN ! steer clear of INDOAUDIO and even ELECTRONICGIANT. Both again unfortunately owned by Indians.
Well guess how I know all this ?? I worked for eBay USA for 2.5 years
Old 7th December 2006, 20:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Well I am not very sure if you want to fit the 4 The Audiobahn A6004V is one of the Audiobahn amps that sound really neat with speakers. I have used both the A6004T and the 6004V, and they are very good VFM.
the F450 is a better choice,this Alpine amp treble is quite clear.
Now, if you also planning to run a sub with this amp choice, then close your eyes and buy the RF P4004, very good on SQ and sounds neat with subs.
Thanks buddy for the info. I am currently for the RF and audiobahn and I am going to use the Amp to run my 2 pairs of components, so no Sub here.

Let me know.

Regards,
Preet
Old 8th December 2006, 02:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Okay, so If you looking at saving few bucks and have SQ pretty close to the RF, then Audiobahn A6004V is the way, But you will need somone really good to tune the amp,
If you don't mind Spending more, then RF P4004 is a better buy overall.
It's funny that I have used 3 of the amps till date you have listed and currently use a 6004T (2005 model) in my Ikon for the compos.
Old 8th December 2006, 02:25   #5
BHPian

confused

Blueraven you have confused me now. RF or Audiobahn.
Old 8th December 2006, 02:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

moodswings,

Could you please give a details of all your setup with model numbers, so experts can help you out to get the best output from your system.
If you want more details about Audiobahn PM B&T .

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 8th December 2006, 02:54   #7
BANNED

Could you please explain what those 13 speakers are? How they're connected? Where? Etc...

I think you don't need 13 speakers for optimum sound.

And what will this new amp be put into?
Old 8th December 2006, 03:14   #8
BHPian

2 pair compos = 8 speakers
1 pair 2 way ovals = 4 speakers
1 sub = 1 speaker
Total = 13 speakers

I am assuming the compos would be in the doors and the ovals and the sub in a box in the back. Moodswings can confirm/elaborate.
Old 8th December 2006, 11:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

AH, if you wanna end the confusion, then go in for the Audiobahn 6004V, as considering the difference in price, the RF P4004 is not that much better than the 6004V in terms of effect and Clarity for Speakers.

Just a tip: Anwar from Auto Fusion (if you don't know him, he is one of the best Tuners in India) tuned the A6004T in my Ikon just last week and said the amp was very good, and when he says something is good it has to be good. The A6004V is the new 6004T with a different casing, but same internals.
Old 8th December 2006, 12:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Wholly new setup, blueraven? How about pics (in a new thread)?
Old 8th December 2006, 14:14   #11
BHPian

Folks,
Sorry if i am repeating the question,i have not checked out the ICE threads.
I just fixed Bostom Comps in front,Pioneer 5850 and ovals in reart with 12 cd changer,Alpine f240 amp and a pioneer single coil 12" sub with enclosure in my scorpio crde.
The installer "Sound works" chap has connected the front and the sub on the amp and the rears are driven direct.
Can it be improved ? can i find a guy who can tune it better for me?

cheers!
Old 8th December 2006, 15:02   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings View Post
Blueraven you have confused me now. RF or Audiobahn.
Audiobahn for front and rear, RF for a sub.
Old 8th December 2006, 15:16   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
Sorry if i am repeating the question,i have not checked out the ICE threads.
I just fixed Bostom Comps in front,Pioneer 5850 and ovals in reart with 12 cd changer,Alpine f240 amp and a pioneer single coil 12" sub with enclosure in my scorpio crde.
The installer "Sound works" chap has connected the front and the sub on the amp and the rears are driven direct.
Can it be improved ?
I think he has done it correctly. Are you not satisfied with the setup?
What Amp have you got?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR
can i find a guy who can tune it better for me?
Doing an install in one place and then going to somebody else for tuning etc.. can attract bad attention and ego knock knock from the installers.
Your installer is the best person for your system just because he is the one who did it!!!
Old 8th December 2006, 16:15   #14
Team-BHP Support

The Alpine F250 is not really capable of driving a 12" sub fullly. Tuning is not rocket science. Start with your HU's EQ set to flat and use your ears. You'll find it remarkably simple.
Old 8th December 2006, 16:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Preet, this is a late reply, so I guess your AMP choice must be solved now?

Getting a good output stage in a Scorpio is a nightmare. (All SUV's with big cabins have this same problem).

When you mentioned "However the music quality is not optimum" what exactly did you mean? Did you mean that:

- Not enough Bass?
- Not enough Treble?
- Disjointed sound?
- What else?

With the plethora of speakers in there, I feel it could be disjointed and non-coherent sound. With 2 sets of good components in there (Alpine Type Rs seem to be getting good enough reviews in TBHP today) you should get good sound. The output from the ovals (co-axials right?) must be ruining the partnership the Alpines have set-up. Try disconnecting the ovals.

What amps are you using currently? Bad (read fake and very low-end) amps can ruin the sound. And if your sub is very underpowered , the bass maybe slow and muddy.

What kind of enclosure is the Sub in? Custom built or off-the-shelf?

Maybe your sound woes will be solved with the new amp. But do consider getting rid of the ovals.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks