Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2006, 12:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post
hey!! even i am facing a similar problem.. I got 2 15" GT4-15. Dunno why one of the subs stopped working.

I hope that it a connection problem....

Though help me out with this.....i am playing the two woofers with one GT0-601.1 mono amp. One woofer is working fine but the other one is stopped. Could this problem anyway related to the amp?

I mean can such a problem arize in a mono amp where one of the one sub is playing and other one not...

Well, anyways tomorrow i am going to my installer to check out the problem... I seriously hope that the amp dosent have any problem. Its 20k yaar.
The amp is certainly alright. Your subs must be connected in parallel to the amp, which is the reason why one is working and the other isn't.

Just to add, since the topic has come up. When using two DVC subs on one mono amp, and when it becaomes necessary to both serial and parallel voice coils to arrive at the amp's optimimum output impedance, it will help if each sub's coils are serialled and then both subs are connected in parallel onto the amp. This way, if one sub has a problem, you can identify it easily. If the coils of each sub are paralleled and then both subs are serialled at the amp, even if one of the four coils fail, both subs would stop working.
Old 26th December 2006, 16:28   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
When using two DVC subs on one mono amp, and when it becaomes necessary to both serial and parallel voice coils to arrive at the amp's optimimum output impedance, it will help if each sub's coils are serialled and then both subs are connected in parallel onto the amp. This way, if one sub has a problem, you can identify it easily. If the coils of each sub are paralleled and then both subs are serialled at the amp, even if one of the four coils fail, both subs would stop working.
option 1.
2 DVC subs. coil 1 and 2 from sub A and coil 3 and 4 from sub B.
coil 1 and 3 in series
coil 2 and 4 in series
both series combos in parallel.
coil 1 fails (open ckt). coil 2 and 4 keep both subs working. effective impedance is coil 2 + coil 4. if each coil is 4 ohms effective imp. is 8 ohms.

option 2.
coil 1 and 2 in parallel
coil 3 and 4 in parallel
both parallel combos in series

coil 1 fails (open circuit) coil 2 will continue to conduct. effective impedance is coil 2 + coil 3 & 4 in parallel. if each coil is 4 ohms effective impedance is 6 ohms. unless coil 1 short circuits (rare) I dont see a problem with option 2.
Old 26th December 2006, 16:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
The amp is certainly alright. Your subs must be connected in parallel to the amp, which is the reason why one is working and the other isn't.

Just to add, since the topic has come up. When using two DVC subs on one mono amp, and when it becaomes necessary to both serial and parallel voice coils to arrive at the amp's optimimum output impedance, it will help if each sub's coils are serialled and then both subs are connected in parallel onto the amp. This way, if one sub has a problem, you can identify it easily. If the coils of each sub are paralleled and then both subs are serialled at the amp, even if one of the four coils fail, both subs would stop working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
option 1.
coil 1 and 3 in series
coil 2 and 4 in series
both series combos in parallel.
coil 1 fails (open ckt). coil 2 and 4 keep both subs working. effective impedance is coil 2 + coil 4. if each coil is 4 ohms effective imp. is 8 ohms.

option 2.
coil 1 and 2 in parallel
coil 3 and 4 in parallel
both parallel combos in series

coil 1 fails (open circuit) coil 2 will continue to conduct. effective impedance is coil 2 + coil 3 & 4 in parallel. if each coil is 4 ohms effective impedance is 6 ohms. unless coil 1 short circuits (rare) I dont see a problem with option 2.

hehehehe....he....he jus another loose amp/sub connection. Got it fixed today..hehe...

Anyways thanx for taking the pains and helping us understand the connections better
Old 26th December 2006, 16:53   #19
BHPian

But still i feel the discussion was worth it!!! Cheers to u guys.......You see i am so happy after i came to know that there was no such major problem with my ICE..
Old 7th January 2007, 18:05   #20
BANNED

Hey ,guys thank you for your valuable comments . I had been out of station ,so was not able to reply . Will post as to wats the problem after checking the sub once again .
Old 10th January 2007, 11:33   #21
BANNED

Hi guys ,

Sorry for not being able to post my replies earlier . I was outof station and added to my woes are .my network admin has blocked Team-BHp at office .Reason - too many hits ..lol

Well, The installer is reputable in chennai and anyone would know Metal effect . The guy is been in the business for a long time . I also suspect the tinsel leads and I think there might be a breakage somewhere down the line .

I had changed the enclosure to check if the subs needed mucgh more volume . I used a enclosed box and then I used a larger enclosure .
Enclosue sizes were calculated using the specs on JBL site and some enclosue design software .

I had bought the sub for 4,500 and the dealer told me that the sub was with bill and warranty .

The guy had been a real nice friend to me and I do not collect the bills or anything ,I just go there fix and pay up . but ,I was disappointed when the guy sold me a pair of pio tweeters which were fakes and after that I stopped going there . I have also recommended the dealer to a couple of guys here on TEam_BHP.

Now ,I am stuck and I also had rumours that there are JBL fakes in the market . Could someone help me out on this ?

I will try calling shridar and then update you guys with the outcome .

Many thanks for trying to help me out .
Old 10th January 2007, 11:47   #22
Team-BHP Support

You mean to say you got fake JBL woofers? Ouch! No bill? More Ouch.
Old 10th January 2007, 11:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Now, you are really in a fix. i have also been guilty of the same in the past, just trusting the guy & not taking a bill. You better stress on him to give a replacement. Maybe Sam can help you or maybe not. Good luck
Old 10th January 2007, 14:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
Hi guys ,

Sorry for not being able to post my replies earlier . I was outof station and added to my woes are .my network admin has blocked Team-BHp at office .Reason - too many hits ..lol
To solve your problem, there is www.stupidcensorship.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks