Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2006, 22:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The JBL CS300.1 amp (Rs.12,000/- I think) will drive them well.
The CS300.1 costs 9990/- enough for a tube and more.

Please do not insert CD brush type cleaners in your car cd player and changer. it is NOT recommended.

The reason is that your car cd player has a different mechanism from the "tray in tray out" mechanism of your CDROM/HOME cd PLayer.

If the brush gets stuck/bent/detached into the intricated "Slide in slide out" mechanism, you will have to spend even more repairing it.
Old 29th December 2006, 22:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Please do not insert CD brush type cleaners in your car cd player and changer. it is NOT recommended.
The reason is that your car cd player has a different mechanism from the "tray in tray out" mechanism of your CDROM/HOME cd PLayer.
If the brush gets stuck/bent/detached into the intricated "Slide in slide out" mechanism, you will have to spend even more repairing it.
hehehee, may be you can call it as instinct, but the idea somehow didnt get me going with inserting that type of cd-cleaner. anyways thank you sam for a timely entry to confirm.
Old 29th December 2006, 22:54   #18
aZa
Senior - BHPian

For ERROR11 get the HU serviced at PIO authorised center or your local HU repair guy (if you trust him). I've had a problem with my P8650's Color display once and PIO authorized guy (lajpat nagar) said its a Tape wire problem. (the wire which comes from the motorised faceplate to the main body. They quoted me Rs 600 as Service charges and Rs 1500 for that tape wire. Plus i had to leave the HU with them for a week or so.

So after a a few days of hesitation i took my problem to the local repair guy who sits at the car accessories shop in noida. i was skeptical but atleast the HU was in front of me. He openned everything and pointed out that there was a small fuse off and he fixed it for Rs 400. Everything is fine since then. Lately i have started having problems with Rewritable CDs not working and also the OEL uploads not happening. The local guy says he can fix it by servicing the HU which includes lens cleaning. But after googling a bit i think there is a inherent problem with the PIO color display models. so well ... lets see wot happens.
Old 30th December 2006, 01:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
For ERROR11 get the HU serviced at PIO authorised center...
still waiting for some information to find the pio authorised service center in hyderabad.
may be i have to enter the field and check with the car accessories shops whether they can help me find the pio authorised centers.
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the CD cleaning info Sam

Can you tell how can the HU lens be cleaned ?
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:32   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Can you tell how can the HU lens be cleaned ?
I am afraid that you cannot do it yourself. ideally if it needs to be cleaned, it should be done at a service centre.
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Oh thats sad to know, I thought it could be cleaned using the lens cleaning kits available from Philips etc :|
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:46   #23
Team-BHP Support

cleaning the HU lens cannot be done without removing the HU and it's top cover.

Dont try brush based cleaners. Please. I have 3 friends who tried with sorry results.
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:49   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually, in a tray type cd player, when you remove the top cover, you get access to the optical assembly quite easily. However in a slide in-slide out, tray-free mechanism, there is a complicated metal mechanism that essentially drags the cd into place. It is because of this that one cannot clean the lens easily in a car cd player.
Old 2nd January 2007, 19:38   #25
BHPian

I had the same problem. got the lens cleaned and its working fine now.
Old 2nd January 2007, 20:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

There was a pioneer authorised service centre in somajiguda opposite the skoda showroom. dont know if it is still open ...
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
There was a pioneer authorised service centre in somajiguda opposite the skoda showroom. dont know if it is still open ...
thank you cooldude,
shall check it this week.
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:56   #28

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i believe error 11 is that your hu cannot read the disc.i faced a similar problem with my last pioneer mp3 player and had to get it changed because according to the technician,the lens had stopped working
Old 3rd January 2007, 13:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
' ERROR 11 '.
this is what i am getting with my pioneer DEH-P7450MP when i try to run a CD in the HU.
can anyone help me with this thing. as i am planning for a bass-tube for this one. also please suggest me an appropriate bass-tube and a suitable amplifier.
i think you need to get your hu serviced...get the lens cleaned by the authorised service centre or a good repair guy which you trust if its not covered under warranty...if you havent had your lens cleaned before then i think it probably ok...lets hope for the best
Old 5th January 2007, 11:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
i think you need to get your hu serviced...get the lens cleaned by the authorised service centre or a good repair guy which you trust if its not covered under warranty...if you havent had your lens cleaned before then i think it probably ok...lets hope for the best
Yes you are right, my HU is 4 years old and never done a servicing to it, so got serviced it from a local accessories shop. He charged 100/- for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph View Post
3. Mechanical error fault. Issue with the mechanics that loads the cd into the spindle motor.
You are right, its mechanical issue, three out of 4 loading springs are not working so replaced them costing 75/- each.

Atlast my HU is back in place, working as it was. Total costs of repair : 325/-.

By the way, i was talking to the repair guy, he says the JBL bass tube can be attached to the HU with out an amp !!!! because the guy claims this particular model(Pioneer DEH-P7450MP) has in-built amp. (but i some how feel doubtfull)
Guys need some information on this.
Is it possible???

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 5th January 2007 at 11:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks