Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2007, 13:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
By the way, i was talking to the repair guy, he says the JBL bass tube can be attached to the HU with out an amp !!!! because the guy claims this particular model(Pioneer DEH-P7450MP) has in-built amp. (but i some how feel doubtfull)
Guys need some information on this.
Is it possible???
He must be referring to direct sub drive feature where the rear channels can be used to drive a single 2 ohm driver at about 70-80W (advertised power). Although this would be sweet for a small car with just front soundstage and a pair of 6.5" subs or something, I am not sure the power would be adequate to do justice to any reasonable 12".
Old 11th January 2007, 16:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
He must be referring to direct sub drive feature where the rear channels can be used to drive a single 2 ohm driver at about 70-80W (advertised power). Although this would be sweet for a small car with just front soundstage and a pair of 6.5" subs or something, I am not sure the power would be adequate to do justice to any reasonable 12".
Even after my HU is already connected with two pioneer 330W speakers in the rear and two 100W speakers in the front, will i be able to connect a sub with out an amp??
In that case i would not go for the bass-tube and an amp.
Oh!! btw, my car is a small car - indica V2 DLS.

Also I see two pins(female pins) - one red and one white, which are not used for connecting to any speakers. What are these?

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 11th January 2007 at 16:21.
Old 11th January 2007, 16:21   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even after my HU is already connected with two pioneer 330W speakers in the rear and two 100W speakers in the front, will i be able to connect a sub with out an amp??
No, I don't think so.
Old 11th January 2007, 22:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Also I see two pins(female pins) - one red and one white, which are not used for connecting to any speakers. What are these?
I Guess They are the RCA pre-outs...they are used to connect the HU to an amplifier...You cant connect speakers to them...not even a sub...
Old 12th January 2007, 01:26   #35
BHPian

too late to see this thread. since you have already got ur HU done up. So are you planning to fit a sub or a basstube?.

@ Sam : i have blaupunkt basstube . not sure on the model #. you can see my gallery to see what it looks like. The other day my bro had visited your jbl showroom and did see some basstubes overthere. He told there are two types one for 5k and the other bout 6.5 k? was wanting are they more powerful than the blaupunkt in wattage n ... becuase i did pay 7 k for my blaupunkt. and i was thinking of selling my basstube for jbl basttubes. advice?
Old 12th January 2007, 01:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
too late to see this thread. since you have already got ur HU done up. So are you planning to fit a sub or a basstube?
Neither of them initially, thought its not fair to put in a small car.
But after seeing your basstube in a M800 , thought i can do some justice to my indica. (your basstube corrupted my mind)
My cousin has a JBL basstube which he is not using, so thought about fitting it to my HU with a amp.
But after seeing bass&trouble' post, i thought if its possible to dump the idea of the basstube and just indulge in a low cost smaller (6.5") sub and fit it into the rear parcel shelf between the rear speakers.
P.S. indica's parcel shelf with the tail gate forms a good enclosure, atlest for the speakers it shows some effect; i guess it would be more prominent with a sub.
Old 12th January 2007, 03:08   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
@ Sam : i have blaupunkt basstube . not sure on the model #. you can see my gallery to see what it looks like. The other day my bro had visited your jbl showroom and did see some basstubes overthere. He told there are two types one for 5k and the other bout 6.5 k? was wanting are they more powerful than the blaupunkt in wattage n ... becuase i did pay 7 k for my blaupunkt. and i was thinking of selling my basstube for jbl basttubes. advice?
The JBL basstubes are very powerful, great sounding and fantastic value for money. They are very very popular.

The Blaupunkt bass tube is nice sounding product, you paid good money for it and it works well, doesn't it? No need to change, keep your blaupunkt tube and enjoy it. It's a good product.
Old 12th January 2007, 12:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hmm I think the error 11 thingy has been answered & the Qs posted should be asked in the Mega ICE thread. MODs??
Old 12th January 2007, 12:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The Blaupunkt bass tube is nice sounding product, you paid good money for it and it works well, doesn't it? No need to change, keep your blaupunkt tube and enjoy it. It's a good product.
I have not found Blau's subs to be good performers except for the Velocity line. My opinion applies to the raw drivers as well as enclosed subs.
Old 12th January 2007, 12:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hmm I think the error 11 thingy has been answered & the Qs posted should be asked in the Mega ICE thread. MODs??
with technochrat.
The querry has been answered and the problem is sorted out.
Moderators can have a look at this thread, and if they feel this thread can be closed, they can. I dont have any objection.(even if i have any, will that matter... ).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed