Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2020, 11:03   #31
BANNED

Re: DIY: Upgrading the Hyundai Verna's Head-Unit (Sony XAV-AX5000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjuraju View Post
I am using a OnePlus 6
I have Android auto in my OEM HU and I used to face the same issue with my OnePlus 3T connected using the original Type-C cable.

Bought another Type-C cable from Amazon and voila, issue resolved!

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th March 2020 at 11:06.
Old 1st June 2020, 22:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have Android auto in my OEM HU and I used to face the same issue with my OnePlus 3T connected using the original Type-C cable.

Hi Anurag, would you have any recommendations for getting this set up in Hyderabad. I'm not a DIY guy at all. Also, I'm unable to get this exact face plate on Aliexpress. Any links?
Old 2nd June 2020, 19:44   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Hi Anurag, would you have any recommendations for getting this set up in Hyderabad. I'm not a DIY guy at all. Also, I'm unable to get this exact face plate on Aliexpress. Any links?
What is that you are looking for?

Do you want to install this HU in your car?

PS: Have sent you a PM.
Old 2nd June 2020, 20:43   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renjuraju View Post
I am using a OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If changing the cable does not help - check the "Power/Battery Optimizations" or similar settings in your phones (This is applicable for all Android phones and not just 1+).

Disable optimization for Android Auto as well as ALL the applications that you have enabled to work with Android Auto. Including even calendar etc.
I had this issue in my SONY AX5000 in previous car as well as in my Nexon's stock HU. In both cases - it was disabling the battery optimizations on phone that resolved it convincingly.
Old 8th November 2021, 20:48   #35
BHPian

Hello all,

I am looking at replacing the OEM AVN unit in our Hyundai Fluidic Verna with an aftermarket unit. Requirements include basic essentials like USB port, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, okay to miss out on AUX connectivity as I've rarely used it till date.

I guess the aftermarket units like Sony or Pioneer would have larger output than the OEM unit, would pairing them with the stock speakers cause any issues in the long term as I only intend to upgrade the HU and not the stock speakers.

The car comes equipped with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters, would the tweeters still be functional after the upgrade or just be dummy (asking as the specification mention a 4*55W output).

Apologies for few very naive questions as self is a complete newbie in the audio field!

Any suggestions for competent audio installer in Chennai would be appreciated. The only shop I've experience personally is Sri Radio Ware, Anna Nagar and it was about 10 years ago when installing a Kenwood stereo for our Ritz.

Thank you all!
Tojo_GotBhp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 22:11   #36

Hello All,

I'm revisiting this thread after a couple of years, though my question is the same. My 3 year old Honda City's (2018) in-built music system has gone corrupt (I wasn't happy initially itself) and I would like to replace it with an after market unit now. Below are my main requirements,

- Android Auto & Apple Car Play (Must Have)
- Bluetooth (Must Have)
- USB Port (Must Have)
- AUX (Not mandatory)

In case any of the Honda City owners have done the same, please let me know. I believe the systems like Sony & Pioneer would cost around 15K.

My 2 year extended warranty is still ON, though I believe this should not nullify it.

Thanks a lot!!

I'm based out of Hyderabad and if any of you have done it at Hyderabad, please provide me more details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks