Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2007, 22:04   #16
BHPian

thanks bass&trouble for your suggestion,so i will get a lower end HU and an amp instead of a higher end HU. how is this set up to u?
Old 31st January 2007, 10:11   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

HU + Amp sounds Perfect Mr. Reddy. Go for it.
Old 31st January 2007, 16:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Here is the thread that I think people are referring. The relevant discussion starts at the bottom of the page and continues to the next one.
I guess Navin was rather referring to following one- it looks to be interesting 70W/ch max and 30W/ch @ 1% THD+N or so straight out of HU... pretty decent, I wish gurus take that discussion further! the concerned HU does use some kind of switching amp inside (class D, T, X or whatever they name it)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...power-hus.html
Old 31st January 2007, 19:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
NO!!! pre-outs cannot power a SUB.
Yes, speaker outputs from the HU may power an 8incher or a 6"!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
A good pair of 6X9s will produce better bass connected directly to the head rather than preouts to however small sub it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
unless its an active sub.. active subs arent too good anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
...The sub has to be driven off select leads of the rear speaker connection wires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
zak! some pio HU's can but only 8inch subs or smaller... read a post by an audio guru here
I have earlier put up a similar query. Now I am really conphused. (risk of getting into ICE section in t-bhp)
Can anyone explain me the above mentioned views by various bhpians.
I have a pioneer-deh-p7450mp; two pioneer 330W co-axials in the rear; two 100W pioneer in the front.
Can I go for a smaller sub (BTW, what is the smallest sub available in the market??) with out an amplifier, keeping the above options in mind. I am not looking for a window shattering bass. Just little more bass than my existing speakers. (say as hot-rodding )

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 31st January 2007 at 19:30.
Old 1st February 2007, 14:14   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I guess Navin was rather referring to following one- it looks to be interesting 70W/ch max and 30W/ch @ 1% THD+N or so straight out of HU... pretty decent, I wish gurus take that discussion further! the concerned HU does use some kind of switching amp inside (class D, T, X or whatever they name it)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...power-hus.html
Untill someone HEARS this product and cheks if it has the amps to rattle a sub we would have to leave that discussion open. In the end it is all about the music and if the amp in that HU does not make music it is worthless.
Old 1st February 2007, 14:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

yes Navin, actually I meant to say that I wish somebody gets access to that HU first and hear it. From numbers one can not expect it to rattle a sub, however even if it has enough juice for rest of the speakers (need not be capable of going too loud but should deliver good quality, and leaving the sub to its dedicated mono amp), it will still be an attractive preposition for many, no?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks