Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2019, 19:26   #31

Re: Google to roll out new Android Auto interface

I don't know about others, but I am facing major issues with the new UI. It seems very sluggish and slow time to time. Just today I came back from a long drive and during my driving, I was using Android Auto with the new UI and suddenly I saw the entire system froze, neither map or time is being updated on the screen. Tapping on any button doesn't give an immediate response, but with a huge lag of 5-9 sec.
Earlier also I faced this problem and I had to disconnect & reconnect the phone but today as I was on the highway, I simply parked my car on the left, went to Android Auto settings and disabled the new UI option. Since then everything was buttery smooth with no hiccups.
P.S.: I had downloaded offline maps on my phone so, these issues should never have happened. In my honest opinion, the new UI is still not ready for daily using. I am using Google Pixel 2 XL with Android 10 Beta 6.
isaumya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 21:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaumya View Post
I don't know about others, but I am facing major issues with the new UI.
I too had issues with the new UI. The UI freezing was a common occurrence, especially when working with Amazon Prime music app. I also felt that the old UI was a bit more suited for my preferences, with commute times, last phone calls, last played track all appearing as soon as AA started. The old UI also had shortcut buttons to maps, music, phone all within easy reach. I was planning to switch back to the old UI when one time I connected the phone to the car, the old UI just came up on screen and the "Try the new Android Auto" option also disappeared from the app! I thought good riddance and didn't try to switch back.
Old 1st September 2019, 21:13   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I too had issues with the new UI. The UI freezing was a common occurrence, especially when working with Amazon Prime music app. I also felt that the old UI was a bit more suited for my preferences, with commute times, last phone calls, last played track all appearing as soon as AA started. The old UI also had shortcut buttons to maps, music, phone all within easy reach. I was planning to switch back to the old UI when one time I connected the phone to the car, the old UI just came up on screen and the "Try the new Android Auto" option also disappeared from the app! I thought good riddance and didn't try to switch back.
I don't use amazon music, I use Spotify but yes the new UI is supper sluggish for me. Regarding reverting back to old UI, I opened Android Auto on my phone, went to settings, disabled the first option saying try the new android auto and started using the old UI which is smooth.

When I am driving on the road, I really don't wanna use beta stuff. I want things which I can trust 100%, the new android auto UI is not one of them, at least until they fix all the sluggishness and hangs. Send multiple feedbacks via the app, but still didn't saw any improvements.
Old 4th September 2019, 18:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaumya View Post
I don't know about others, but I am facing major issues with the new UI. It seems very sluggish and slow time to time. I am using Google Pixel 2 XL with Android 10 Beta 6.
Strange, but i havent faced this issue on my device(OnePlus 5T). It is very smooth, better than the previous UI. I especially appreciate the integration of music controls with Gmaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Amazon Music app always greets me with the same track that's first in the songs list of the app, irrespective of where I left of in my previous session!
This has been fixed in the new UI/Update! There is an option under AA app on the phone where you can enable a continue of where you last left. I use Amazon Music and can confirm that it works as expected with no more choosing the playlist and song i last played.
Old 6th September 2019, 09:21   #35
BHPian

With the Android 10 update to Pixel's, Android Auto is not longer available as a standalone app. It can only be used in the car.
The settings for AA have moved to Settings->Google->Android Auto

Google would be launching Assistant driving mode in future. Androd Auto Phone interface app will be released shortly as a stop gap arrangement.
Old 11th September 2019, 11:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few pictures I took of new Android Auto interface:

The home screen:
Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-1.jpg

Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-2.jpg

Notifications screen:
Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-3.jpg

The weather readout gave the current weather, temperature and the 'feels-like' temperature:
Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-4.jpg

News gives a read-out of all the major headlines:
Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-5.jpg

The last audio played was News from NDTV. This is what I got when I exited Android Auto:
Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-6.jpg

Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-7.jpg

Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-8.jpg

Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-9.jpg

Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-android-auto-10.jpg

Some interesting things I noticed on my phone. The theme for Google photos changed from White to Black when connected to Android Auto:
Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-screenshot_20190909145531.png

The Google search bar on the homescreen changed colour from White to Black:
Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-screenshot_20190909145539.png
ChiragM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 16:54   #37
BHPian

Honestly i don't know if the issue that i am facing is with the new Android Auto or my phone. I was using a Samsung Galaxy J6 earlier and it was paired with the old version of Android Auto on my Verna. I recently changed my phone to OnePlus7 and while pairing it with the Verna's interface, i was prompted to upgrade it to the new version of Android Auto, which i did.

Since then the ringer on the phone ((transmitted via the cars speaker) when i get a call has stopped working even when the phone's ringer volume is on full. I have tried reverting back to the older version of Android Auto (option available in the settings menu) but it still does not work.

Requesting the tech guru's on the forum for help.
Old 24th February 2020, 20:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone else been having issues with Android Auto? I am using the OP 7Pro and the latest version of AA. After the previous update, AA has not worked on my Mazda CX9. It connects but I cannot navigate anything on the screen using the hardware navigator buttons from the car. I can use voice to navigate however but this is not ideal.

I checked and see that far too many people have this issue and no idea if this is an OP issue or AA issue. Don't think there is an end in sight in the near future either.
Old 24th February 2020, 21:46   #39
BHPian

My Android auto is forever bugged and slow. I wish it was as fast as Apple CarPlay. Or maybe it is my phone's fault. Either way, google maps has worse functionality on my android auto than my mom's iphone.
Old 26th February 2020, 23:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Slight improvement today after an OP update - AA seems to be stable and I can use the on-screen navigation. Will update in a few days after testing.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 08:56   #41
BHPian

Android Auto now works wirelessly for all phones running Android 11 as long as you have a compatible vehicle. Android 11 has even more granular controls for the most sensitive permissions. With one-time permissions you can grant apps access to your microphone, camera or location, just that one time. Android 11 also brings more features such as screen recorder, updated Voice Access, improved performance, and an improved share menu that makes it easier to share content from your phone.

SOURCE
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 20:41   #42
BHPian

Scoop: New wallpapers might be coming to Android Auto.

As per the attached source '9to5google.com', new set of wallpapers have been spotted in new update of Android Auto APK that points to rollout of new wallpapers in the near future.

Source: Scoop details
Old 20th April 2021, 13:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I am a regular user of Google Maps / Android Auto.

Whenever I use Google Maps, at the end of the trip it shows driving duration, total distance, average speed and time saved than predicted initially.

Here is a sample screenshot.

Google to roll out new Android Auto interface-screenshot_20210419_095944_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

But when using Android Auto it just says 'You have reached your destination'.

Is there way to enable driving statistics in Android Auto like Google Maps?

Thanks in advance

Cheers!
myavu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 08:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
But when using Android Auto it just says 'You have reached your destination'.

Is there way to enable driving statistics in Android Auto like Google Maps?
I'll confirm this later today, but I think it does - just that is not upfront and visible. Scroll down on the screen in Android Auto and similar stats are shown - at least last I remember from a couple of months ago. Thanks to the chinese virus, haven't gotten the need since then
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks