BHPian

is Pio 5990 capable of driving the rear GTO 937
and JBL 75.4 will drive GTO 607 and 4-12 Sub in a SANTRO
or any other alternatives?
Old 14th May 2007, 20:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
u r really crazy....3rd one???? which one now??
yaar how will 4-way active happen till I add the third amp.....but dont worry it will take a bit of time......lol first MEGA Audio HU nahi lagana hai......
Old 15th May 2007, 01:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
So you're finally going in the right direction. I am glad. Your combo is pretty good and Autopsyche will install it well for you.

Just make sure the fronts are nice and loud and the HPF is on 100hz for the front. Though I am sure Arush will do it anyways.
To be honest, I'm not a happy puppy but I'm still satisfied. Perhaps I was expecting too much or maybe my excitement needed a little diffusing or maybe I didn't plan it well enough...

I liked Arush. He's a nice guy to talk to. Helpful. Pleasant. Talking to him made it obvious he knows what he's doing and he's not doing it only for the money. The installation is far cooler and better than what I had got done from Chandigarh and though I'm satisfied, I'm satisfied to a degree.

The following is my opinion/expectation and I say this not to let anybody down, but to discuss it among you guys who know this stuff. I know I've found a good guy in Arush to take care of my car and I don't want what I write below to be taken as a criticism.

Though I'm happy and the system rocks, why I'm not absolutely happy:
Sam, partly it was goof-up on your company's team's part. Your distributor in Chandigarh and Aman of S.K. Motors were helpful but they couldn't get the equipment to me before Saturday afternoon and though agreed that I pay in Chandigarh and pick it up from the JBL Studio in MGF Gurgaon, those guys didn't get it to me in MGF till 1pm. By the time I got to Arush with it, it was clear that we didn't have time to do damping. We decided that a M800 didn't need no damping! (The return journey and 2 days' driving's convinced me that I need it but ... oh well, whatever). So one failing was there.

Then, there was a goof in Gurgaon that the guy who makes sub-boxes was closed so Arush sent me to Karol Bagh where they did the sub installation in an empty box (no fiber fill) that was quickly made (they drilled the hole for the wire ... hehehe). The installers were cool though and did a pretty thorough job mostly -- way way better than what I could have expected locally. But the wires are not tied up properly, there was no configuration done (I spent the Sunday afternoon doing it myself at home but I don't know what the cut-off is since it's by the ear mostly and biased by what I read on how to do it ... no wonder the quality depends on how tired I am driving... har har har), the Y-cables at the HU are desi (It was after they'd done it I realised that they didn't have to do that configuration but could have easily taken the pre-amp output from one of the amps to the other amp), and finally the wire for the sub was incorrectly connected to the 301.1 (in cross mode rather than in the pair mode ... not that I could tell what difference it made but it was incorrect according to the manual).

I know I didn't give Arush enough time to do everything the way he might have wanted to, and that he was busy and didn't get the time to attend to me as he might have otherwise, and am convinced that he will probably have everything corrected next time I visit him, whenever that happens in future. True to his reputation, he was courteous and didn't overcharge me far as I know (hehehe), and I will return to him the next time (something I wouldn't have done if I had thought I had received any bad deal).

So it's a good lesson: don't rush it, keep ample time (for example, I could have gone on Friday and spent 2 days or stayed back for Sunday/Monday), and make sure you discuss and plan out everything before you go ahead and do it.
Old 15th May 2007, 01:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

slow and steady wins the race....woody I install my setup with my own hands...I love doing it...but while doing it I never hurry to get it done in a single go...so I plan it step by step to complete the job....

One thing I read in your post the sub woofer enclosure....is it is made out of MDF....as I think there is a huge chance that guys in Karol Bagh dont make them for MDF....they rather use ply.....
Old 15th May 2007, 02:21   #35
BHPian

Now you tell me!

I will be replacing the Y-cables at the HU end and probably tying up the wire and slowly learn my way up from there, doing things by hand... but I don't think I'll ever find the courage to tear things up and set them up myself. I know I'll definitely modify a few things in the car myself... and no, I'm not talking audio. :-P But hey, every word of encouragement helps and I got the best cheerleaders here --- too bad imagining you guys in those outfits will probably give nightmares. ;-)
Old 15th May 2007, 10:41   #36
Team-BHP Support

Woodie, I usually order my audio equipment before the car is delivered. expecting Just In Time delivery in India is setting yoursefl up for disappointment.
Old 15th May 2007, 11:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

wooden, all in all i think u only messed up the whole things! poor planning and poor market research. anyways, dont take it up seriously. there's always a next time! the equipment that you bought is pretty good.
Old 15th May 2007, 11:32   #38
BHPian

Yup, I agree 100% on that one... but when you are short of time and do things a certain way yourself, I guess you have a tendency to forget how things actually happen IRL (is net lingo allowed? IRL == In Real Life). The more I think about what went wrong, the arrows twist and turn back to me. hehehe

And please remember that I'm not unhappy! The installation is far superior to anything I've seen locally and the sound is awesome... I'm a perfectionist by nature and a manager to boot -- it's my job to find issues where 'normal' people find none!
Old 15th May 2007, 13:05   #39
BHPian

wow!! thats the spirit as long as you are happy
TEAM-BHP should be happy .
Old 15th May 2007, 13:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenKnight View Post
I'm a perfectionist by nature and a manager to boot -- it's my job to find issues where 'normal' people find none!
Then you need to meet my local guru read "Gunman". He's probably one of the best guys here who can help you doing an install, as evident from his numerous posts detailing installs.
Old 15th May 2007, 15:46   #41
BHPian

Thanks for the referral and I hope to bump into him and strike up an acquaintance but for now, where my car is concerned, I'm going to stick with Arush for now. I like the guy and I know he's thorough. Hopefully my next trip will be in August and this time, I intend to use the lessons I've learnt and plan it better.

Am I the only M800 guy here doing audio hocus-pocus? Makes me feel special!
Old 15th May 2007, 18:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Probably you disn't get me right....Gunman is TBHPian by the handle "Gunbir" and he's a good friend of Arush.
Old 15th May 2007, 18:10   #43
BHPian

I did not. I know Gunbir already. He's a pretty cool guy too (as if I need to say that around here). I always suspected Gunman and Gunbir are same but never really got around to verifying it... seems obvious in hindsight.

I'm going to be using damping stuff that Gunbir represents in my car and yes, I *am* getting the damping done, waste of money or not -- the car just vibrates and jingles too much at the volumes I play my music at. Something is definitely going to be better than no damping, aye?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks