Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2007, 18:58   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Next time you are in Pune, drop by. I have isobaric sub in my HT, made by Torvin (Chennai based guys, makes pretty decent stuff). The setup is push-pull or cone-to-cone. Each drive is rated 80w RMS, I drive it using a Yamaha 870 (85x2). The enclosure size is 3'x2'x2.5'. Not sure if they still sell it.
When do I get a dekho of this setup?
Old 16th March 2007, 21:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Next time you are in Pune, drop by. ..

Thanks I'll definitely do that If I'm in Pune. (I rarely get to travel so... :( )
Old 16th March 2007, 21:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Correction. I am NOT a Pro. I do not belong to the audio fraternity in that I never have represented, worked for, or dealt in any audio equipment or represented any publication related to this industry. Like you, I am just an interested bystander. Sam, B&T, Gunbir, Autophile, Blueraven, etc. are the Pros. I just happen to a moderator who has been entrusted with the ICE forum.

Yet as "intrested bystanders" I believe we (guys like Hydra, LBM, yourself, myself etc...) ca also provide a lot of service as we are not influenced by our affiliations. Personally, I would love to see more of you on the ICE forum.
Navinji,
I thank you for ur appreciation.. I will be more active on the ICE part of the forum as I have gone through enuf of Hi-Fi Home or Car since I was young as music runs in our family..
Cheers...

B&T,
Also adding the cone basket and magnet displacement volume to the Vb we were not really able to fit the sub the normal way.. and get good box design for the sub enclosure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
When do I get a dekho of this setup?
Guyz he is talking about his home setup.. HT = home theatre.. Coz Torvin makes speaker for home theatres and not for car audio...

Last edited by adya33 : 17th March 2007 at 18:44.
Old 17th March 2007, 10:59   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Double the power, double the no. of drivers and so double the cost! And half the sensitivity after all this..
I good Isobarik sub should sound a bit better than a similarly "dialed" single sub (same woofer, same Qts, F3, Fb, etc..) beucase of some cancelations of odd order harmonics etc. but the big advantage a Isoborik offfers is cabinet size.

BTW, Hydra, If you think "Iso" is "in-efficient" wait till you look at the requirements posed by di-pole subs. :-)
Old 17th March 2007, 11:32   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
Guyz he is talking about his home setup.. HT = home theatre.. Coz Torvin makes speaker for home theatres and not for car audio...
I know EVO. I already know what he has in the car . We bought it together. He has an amazing HT setup. Brought down in bits and pieces.
Old 17th March 2007, 11:49   #51
BHPian

Moral,
I mentioned this coz TC was talking about the ICE meet...
Cheers
Old 26th March 2007, 16:53   #52
BHPian

Awesome setup there EVO6. Neat and surely powerful. The moment I read Kicx, ample audio... I knew it had to be should be jacob.
He was intially located at bandra, i remember. But he seemed to have shut down/shifted from there now. Any updates about his whereabouts now ?? jst curious...

thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks