Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 08:10   #1

Improving BASS

Hi all!
I have got an Pioneer DEH-2990MP Head Unit and 4 Sony Xplod speakers installed in my new Santro Xing.
Actually i asked my dealer to install Blaupunkt speakers,but i guess he forgot
Those speakers are installed in the default space that is provided in the santro(2 front and 2 rear).
Now the problem is even though the audio clarity is satisfactory,it lacks BASS and punch.It sounds like a cheap 1000 bucks Mp3 player. I have tried all the settings but still i was not able to increase BASS.
So,i decided to go for an sub woofer.And one more foolish question is is amplifier compulsory to use an sub woofer?()
Iam asking that because i want the cheapest way to increase the BASS.
I cannot exceed budget of Rs.3500.Because i have spent hell lot of money for my car.
Now please suggest me a cheapest way to increase BASS which is suitable to my Head Unit.
PS: I dont require an very powerful BASS,just need a basic amount one that matches my budget
Old 27th March 2007, 10:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankre View Post
i decided to go for an sub woofer.And one more foolish question is is amplifier compulsory to use an sub woofer?()
Iam asking that because i want the cheapest way to increase the BASS.
I cannot exceed budget of Rs.3500.Because i have spent hell lot of money for my car.
I dont think there is a Bass solution under Rs. 3500. You need an amp for any decent subwoofer. The cheapest decent amp is the Sony 552 and that costs Rs. 3000 itself.

The cheapest sub - amp combo is the Sony 552 (3K) mated to a Pio 306C in a box (4K) or Pio 306F in an MDF rear deck (4K). Then you need a RCA wire (1K) so think 8K as the minimum spend.
Old 27th March 2007, 11:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Try & exchange your xplod speakers (rear) for a pair of JBLs or Boston. Exchange price should be within 3.5K. You will see a lot of difference.
Old 27th March 2007, 11:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Try & exchange your xplod speakers (rear) for a pair of JBLs or Boston. Exchange price should be within 3.5K. You will see a lot of difference.
I think so too. This would likely be the cheapest solution.

OR maybe you should get that Sony amp and amp your existing speakers. But then again, with those speakers, you may not see too much difference. If you can get your installer to demo an amp for you in your car itself, then I guess you will be able to decide.
Old 27th March 2007, 11:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think your installer installed the 4 inch speaker in the front and the back locations....I would say get a pair of ovals get it installed in the rear tray and remove the rear 4 inch driver....you will be satisfied with the bass the oval can produce......
Old 27th March 2007, 12:44   #6

^^Will check it out and what will the total price i need to pay for the oval speakers?Can i exchange with my existing speakers?
Old 27th March 2007, 12:57   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I would say get a pair of ovals get it installed in the rear tray and remove the rear 4 inch driver..........
that is a good idea. you can get good ocals for about 4K. JBL's CS series is one pair you can consider. Dont get Sony Ovals though.
Old 27th March 2007, 13:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankre View Post
^^Will check it out and what will the total price i need to pay for the oval speakers?Can i exchange with my existing speakers?
that u have to enquire from the shop from where you bought the earlier stuff.....
Old 27th March 2007, 14:22   #9
BHPian

Exchange your rear speakers for some good ovals and buy an amp. You can go for alpine 602(fake alpine) Will cost you 3 to 4K.

Dont get a sub and amp installed with your existing setup. You wont be able to hear speakers then. Change the rear speakers in any case.
Old 31st March 2007, 14:06   #10
BHPian

You can consider fitting the 10 inch pioneer speakers which were which are available for 3.5k and will give you good bass in the rear enclosed detachable boxes.However if yo are not able to buy them get a 6x9 from either blaupunkt or jbl.
Old 31st March 2007, 17:13   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Come ON!! Why are people giving advice to buy fake goods?

So what if it's cheap? Buy an original amplifier for 4K, like a sony or something. Or wait till you have a little more money and buy a better amplifier. But atleast buy original.

When you buy these fakes, you buy sub standard equipment with your hard earned money, promote plagiarism and hurt the brand of a company like alpine that is doing a large amount of R &D. It's just unfair. Think about it.
Old 31st March 2007, 17:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Come ON!! Why are people giving advice to buy fake goods?
somebody stop somebodystopme.. lol.
Old 31st March 2007, 18:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
somebody stop somebodystopme.. lol.
No sir he has been not stopped since...NOV2005
Old 31st March 2007, 20:46   #14

Yes,Sam Kapasi is right.I will never buy any fake item.
I think i will have to wait for a week and have to list out the accessories for my new car and then will decide on the speakers/amp........which suits my budget.

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.
Old 31st March 2007, 21:13   #15
BHPian

Well even I dont believe in investing on fakes. But this dude is seriously low on cash. And for 4k sony? Please tell me which model would that be?

If thats original sony than nothing can be better than that in anyway.

Atleast this dude will get to know that fakes are being sold. People dont even know that they have a fake amp or speaker in their cars.(At one time i didnt).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks