Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2007, 20:56   #16
BHPian

For the fx 5051 you do not need a sound card it has one within thats why it connects via usb.It comes with its own set of drivers for the same .So you can connect it through usb and the atp3 to the onboard sound card.So not only are you getting a sound card but a better sound system as well.
Old 31st March 2007, 09:37   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
...or if you want the best (the best 2.1's i've heard, that is), get the FX6021(around 7k IIRC)..
My son uses the 6021 and I can say I have heard better. Like all of these systems it's plastic sub woofer enclosure resonates too much. then again I am "the ICE guy"! What do I know! :-)

Viper, just get what you like and what fits your budget.

Now I am assuming as follows (after looking at my son's FX 6021 last night). The computer sound car sends out a analog signal to the subwoofer box of the 2.1 or 5.1 system. The amplifiers of the 3/6 speakers (3 for 2.1 and 6 for 5.1) are built into the sub box. Are we on the same page till here

After looking at the back of my son's computer I realised that you dont need a preamp or input selector.

Assuming the above is true all you need to do is connect the sound card to both systems 2.1 and 5.1 via a EP Y connector and use the ON/OFF switch of the 2 systems to dictate whcih system you want on. You can even have both systems running at the same time!

Revvedup has given a great suggestion in that all you really need is to swtich the "green channel" since one of your 2 systems is 2.1 and the other is 5.1.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Bob.

Last edited by navin : 31st March 2007 at 09:39.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:07   #18

hi i've a zebronic speaker connected to my comp.Is there some software required to produce sound out of the speaker.When i switch on the speaker it produces a light,but there is no sound output.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:25   #19
BHPian

You might need to re-install the drivers for your sound card. The CD that came with motherboard should contain them (if the sound card is the onboard type).

Also check to see that you've plugged them into the correct socket (and not the the line-in or Mic or something)

Most Viewed