Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 19:29   #16
Team-BHP Support

tsk the HU for aux does not have RCA. it's usually proprietary connector which will cost Rs.990 in case of the latest pioneers or you can do a jugaad and make one urself like in the diy thread.

this is the cable you need:

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd May 2007 at 19:37.
Old 2nd May 2007, 19:29   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels View Post
please suggest some way that i could connect my ipod to my car speakers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i think he already said that he didnt have a cassette player option.
*offering jaggu glasses* read her name. No man worth half his salt will be called babe on wheels. I know men are pigs and there was a pig called babe, but you can't just put it all together like that.

Besides, I've met babe_on_wheels twice and she looked quite like a woman to me.

Hello dear. I've got your answer.

Even though your Blaupunkt HU has an aux in, it may not have the aux in adaptor cable. This has a yellow connector on one end and the other end is a pair of female RCA connectors.

I don't think you will have this cable. If you don't, you need to get it from your blaupunkt dealer. Should cost a few hundred.
Once you have the female RCA connectors on your deck, just go and buy a STEREO EP to 2 RCA cable. This is made by local brands such as AX and MX. I prefer MX. SHould cost you 20 to 30 Rupees.

After this, it's quite simple really. Just leave the cable connected and let the EP (earphone) side be handy. When you need to listen to your iPod, plug it in and switch to aux.
Old 2nd May 2007, 20:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

i have a pio 6850 and it has an aux input in the front it looks like a 2.5mm audio jack to me ... so i need to know if there is any readily available cable for this in the market ...

Sorry to post here but mine was a similar question
Old 2nd May 2007, 20:36   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
i have a pio 6850 and it has an aux input in the front it looks like a 2.5mm audio jack to me ... so i need to know if there is any readily available cable for this in the market ...
This has been discussed before. But to make it simple, YES, such a readymade cable is made by MX. It is about 50 rupees.
Old 2nd May 2007, 20:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Even though your Blaupunkt HU has an aux in, it may not have the aux in adaptor cable. This has a yellow connector on one end and the other end is a pair of female RCA connectors.

I don't think you will have this cable. If you don't, you need to get it from your blaupunkt dealer. Should cost a few hundred.
Once you have the female RCA connectors on your deck, just go and buy a STEREO EP to 2 RCA cable. This is made by local brands such as AX and MX. I prefer MX. SHould cost you 20 to 30 Rupees.

After this, it's quite simple really. Just leave the cable connected and let the EP (earphone) side be handy. When you need to listen to your iPod, plug it in and switch to aux.
This is exactly what I do. I have a Blau Casablanca with an MX aux-in (EP to 2-RCA) Cable connected to it via the proprietary connector. The connector & cable look exactly like the cable in the picture VID has posted, except that the connector is yellow in colour like Sam has mentioned.
Old 2nd May 2007, 21:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This has been discussed before. But to make it simple, YES, such a readymade cable is made by MX. It is about 50 rupees.

Thanks for the quick reply .... will be looking for it soon
Old 2nd May 2007, 21:10   #22
BHPian

as far as i have seen..the stereo panel or beyond the panel doesnt have anything that looks like the auxiliary inputs...i think i will have to go behind the place where the connections lie...
yes the ipod has a 3.5 mm jack....
Old 2nd May 2007, 21:12   #23
BHPian

will start searching for that cable ...

thanx for the awesome responses...

sam...good u reminded jaggu that babe on wheels cant be a guy...!!!!LOL...jus kidding jaggu...
Old 2nd May 2007, 21:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
You get the FM transmitter for your I pod, I use a FM transmiter for my Creative ZEN. It is a little transmitter with a set frequency which goes to your Head phone socket. Then tune your radio to that frequency and off you go.

The only touble is that this transmitter uses a battery so when the battery dies you need to change it. You can use Lithium Ion batteries for long durations.

Hope it helps

True there is the FM transmitter which is available as an accessory with the iPOD..........BUT that comes at a price I think about 3k.......Babe on wheels is on a budget . This contraption is very useful alright.

Cheers
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:15   #25
BHPian

Well, i'll try to make my query as simple as possible!

HU in my Fiat Uno.............Model number................Backside pic

The connection cable

I tried connecting my Ipod Nano, but no sound was coming...what's the problem? How to select the Aux-in?
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:22   #26
Team-BHP Support

ummm, the place where you are trying to connect is audio out. you need audio in.

If you see carefully it's written audio out.
Old 3rd May 2007, 11:39   #27
Team-BHP Support

OT:
Quote:
*offering jaggu glasses* read her name. No man worth half his salt will be called babe on wheels. I know men are pigs and there was a pig called babe, but you can't just put it all together like that.

Besides, I've met babe_on_wheels twice and she looked quite like a woman to me.
Sam this is what happens when you leave us ol folks alone in this forum for too long

my apologies to "B_O_W's" i guess sam's got the solutions, enjoy ur pod.
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:00   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels View Post
..yes the ipod has a 3.5 mm jack....
which ipod is this? All I have seen have 2.5mm jacks (some call them EP). I have a few pods and all have this EP jack so I have to use adapters like in the link below to use my headphones.

Stereo Headphone Adaptor (2.5 mm Plug to 3.5 mm Socket Adaptor) - Proporta

OT: Sam BTW check out Senn's new PCX 450.
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:04   #29
BHPian

its a 30 gb video pod...
Old 3rd May 2007, 12:06   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
which ipod is this? All I have seen have 2.5mm jacks (some call them EP). I have a few pods and all have this EP jack so I have to use adapters like in the link below to use my headphones.

Stereo Headphone Adaptor (2.5 mm Plug to 3.5 mm Socket Adaptor) - Proporta

OT: Sam BTW check out Senn's new PCX 450.

All ipods have 3.5mm. I have 1st and second gen Nano and 1st gen mini. all had 3.5mm headphones. i ended up breaking the headphones and were using my creatives headphones with them.

Definitely 3.5mm audio jack.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks