Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2007, 12:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
So is that the second thing you are bad at doing while lying dowm?
.. Hehe .. Funneee !!
Old 11th May 2007, 12:21   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So is that the second thing you are bad at doing while lying dowm?
Look ajay, I told you. That night I was tired and had too much to drink.

Besides we agreed not to talk about it that night itself, why bring it up in public?
Old 11th May 2007, 12:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Look ajay, I told you. That night I was tired and had too much to drink.

Besides we agreed not to talk about it that night itself, why bring it up in public?

Anyway, I hope you're talking about the night we were playing ps2 together (Even if it isn't, lets keep it that way). Otherwise it wont go down well with a few of my admirers.

Old 11th May 2007, 22:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Hey Chip, how about something special? Make a subwoofer box in the shape of the backrest, put some cusion on it and replace the backrest with it?? When bass notes hit, you really feel the thump, plus your boot also is saved. I think that is a bloody good design idea. What say?

If you've heard about Buttkicker subs that go under the seats in an HT, you know that I am not kidding.
Hi Determinus, this is an amazing idea!!! You are a Genius!!! Sam / Navin - Do you think this could be practically possible? Thouqeer??
Old 11th May 2007, 23:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anyway, I hope you're talking about the night we were playing ps2 together (Even if it isn't, lets keep it that way). Otherwise it wont go down well with a few of my admirers.

what was the final result....who won the game.....
Old 11th May 2007, 23:59   #21
BHPian

hey guys,,,
this may sound a lil stupid but i actually mean it. u know, i have always been curious abt the typical sound that riksha walas have in their rikshaws. high treble and low bass. and i actually want to have such sound in my car. im not kidding. i really do. so.... I asked the same thing to the shopkeeper. and I have bought one player which is a local brand but is good.. has mp3 acd and bass treble settings along with some preset equilizers and a bunch of other features.

right now i just have pioneer spekaer set. not oval... they're round. and this woofer and everything will help me achieve that sound and play the typical tapori songs like they do. i have a collecion of such songs by the way, if u need any specific one... im not sure if anyone of u is as crazy as me.. but.. if u need any specific song... just drop me a PM or an email.

Old 12th May 2007, 11:40   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Hi Determinus, this is an amazing idea!!! You are a Genius!!! Sam / Navin - Do you think this could be practically possible? Thouqeer??
Well you can make a sub that is say 3 feet wide, 12" tall and about 6-9" deep. that will give you an internal volme of about 1-1.25 cu. ft. Enough for a 12". fire the woofer towards teh tail of your car (put a grill to protect the woofer). Gundbir has put up pics of a similar woofer.

buuuttt i dont know if this can substitute the back rest.
Old 12th May 2007, 12:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqplus View Post
hey guys,,,
this may sound a lil stupid but i actually mean it. u know, i have always been curious abt the typical sound that riksha walas have in their rikshaws. high treble and low bass. and i actually want to have such sound in my car. im not kidding. i really do. so.... I asked the same thing to the shopkeeper. and I have bought one player which is a local brand but is good.. has mp3 acd and bass treble settings along with some preset equilizers and a bunch of other features.

right now i just have pioneer spekaer set. not oval... they're round. and this woofer and everything will help me achieve that sound and play the typical tapori songs like they do. i have a collecion of such songs by the way, if u need any specific one... im not sure if anyone of u is as crazy as me.. but.. if u need any specific song... just drop me a PM or an email.

get a two pair of ts-20 and a pair of pioneer subs and power them with a fake alpine .....

ts-20 -> 3.5k
subs -> 7k
fake alpine-> 3.5k
enclosure and fiting ->2k

total -> 16k

it would sound way better than the auto wala....
Old 12th May 2007, 13:57   #24
BHPian

Hi qqplus
One option (now I feel it is the best option) is to work out with Pioneer 12" shallow subwoofer it requires a ported/sealed enclosure of Approx. 1 cu.ft. and this wont take much luggage space. Frequency response starts from 20hz.
Another option would be to install an Infinity Bass link II - its a 250W RMS active subwoofer with frequency response of 20-100Hz. Although it wont wake up ur neighbours, it deliveres pure clear bass with minimum boom. But cant feel the bass (in a smaller car it might be different). I bought one for my Alto and at present (under testing) is firing in the trunk of my Mitsu Galant. I shall be installing it in Alto by Aug 08.
Other options may be active subwoofers from Pioneer, Clairion, Kenwood and JVC. But I feel those are less powerfull than the Infinity and the frequency responses are 35hz and up.
In my opinion, a Pioneer 12" shallow subwoofer + amp + a proper enclosure (ported) would give more bang for the buck than an infinity.
Old 12th May 2007, 17:52   #25
BHPian

yeah... sounds cool.... ill go check them all out.
Old 12th May 2007, 17:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Hi qqplus
One option (now I feel it is the best option) is to work out with Pioneer 12" shallow subwoofer it requires a ported/sealed enclosure of Approx. 1 cu.ft. and this wont take much luggage space. Frequency response starts from 20hz.
Another option would be to install an Infinity Bass link II - its a 250W RMS active subwoofer with frequency response of 20-100Hz. Although it wont wake up ur neighbours, it deliveres pure clear bass with minimum boom. But cant feel the bass (in a smaller car it might be different). I bought one for my Alto and at present (under testing) is firing in the trunk of my Mitsu Galant. I shall be installing it in Alto by Aug 08.
Other options may be active subwoofers from Pioneer, Clairion, Kenwood and JVC. But I feel those are less powerfull than the Infinity and the frequency responses are 35hz and up.
In my opinion, a Pioneer 12" shallow subwoofer + amp + a proper enclosure (ported) would give more bang for the buck than an infinity.
the pioneer shallow sub is not a great sub...and also it does not sound right....and the options you have mentioned are not so great also....

a pioneer 307 or a jbl in a good sealed or ported box will give better sound.....
Old 12th May 2007, 18:00   #27
BHPian

alrighty will check that out as well...
Old 13th May 2007, 10:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
the pioneer shallow sub is not a great sub...and also it does not sound right....and the options you have mentioned are not so great also....

a pioneer 307 or a jbl in a good sealed or ported box will give better sound.....
Hi LBM, if you are benchmarking your ICE, then i have to admit that the options I gave are not good at all. My mistake. Sorry Guys.

I gave those option considering luggage space. A 307w307D sub enclosure (require min 1.25 cuft) would take up little more space than others. The ones i suggested do not occupy much luggage space. So it was a space/sound compromise situation.

My situation is also something similar. I too need a sub with some nice punch in my Alto without compromising on space. Hence opted for a compact sub.

Thanks anyways. I was thinking of dumping the Infinity and setting up a Pioneer TS-SW3041D. I was relying on reviews in crutchfield for the same. Now taking your advice, I'll drop Pioneers and stick to Infinity and search for something else.
Old 13th May 2007, 14:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Hi LBM, if you are benchmarking your ICE, then i have to admit that the options I gave are not good at all. My mistake. Sorry Guys.

NO...sir it is not like that...I have not the intention of thinking like this....I said this because I had a pioneer shallow sub with me.....and me and my friend were planning to put 4 subs in his car due to small enclousre volumes.....So to experment I bought one sub to check how does it sound.....and the result was terrible....the sub can only produce boom boom only no kick, no drums, the sub was very slow and did not sounded good......

For your alto you can get 2 10 inch subs....JBL make some nice one.....use connecters in the wiring the subs as when required you can remove them from the boot......

you would require only .75 cuft for one sub...

JBL Car & Marine Audio

JBL Car & Marine Audio
Old 14th May 2007, 00:14   #30
Team-BHP Support

The Pio 12" will not do 20Hz in a 1 cu. ft. box not at a resonable SPL level anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks