Team-BHP - BPL car speakers?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   BPL car speakers? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/24171-bpl-car-speakers.html)

Hi folks,

The rear speakers in my M800 went bad. I am planning to replace them. It is not used extensively so I am planning to get the cheapest of them. I have been a fan of BPL, they used to make good TVs and my TV has really good sound, so I am assuming they will pump out some decent audible sound with their car speakers too.... So does anyone have experiences with BPL stuff??
BPL - Car Audio - Speaker Systems

I am looking for the cheapest 6x9 available...any other options??

Thanks
Kvish

BPL ?? well i never knew they make car audio lol :) but i would suggest you to go for jbl or sony you can choose for basic level also if u want....

its not necessary that if BPL is good in tv then they will give better car audio too ...i havent used it nor i saw happy users for bpl you need to check buddy

try the regular stuff like pioneer jbl alpine kenwood.....BPL is good for home audio only..............

You have a lot of options in the market like Sony, Pioneer for low budgets. Why don't you stick to these brands rather than searching for the BPL ones which are highly unpopular?

A bit off topic... ever heard of speakers called Dhoom?!! Wierd name... I wonder who buys these... maybe cabbies! I saw a full page adv recently.

Very long ago, I had seen an Ambassador with BPL speakers. I don't remember how they sounded. But it looked very plain.

As you like it so much, I strongly suggest you to give it a try. Yes, I mean audition the speakers. Find out where it is available and try a demo. If you like it, you buy it.
Remember to try speakers of other brands also before you zero in on your favorite.

Kvish, you got a budget? What do you listen to? let us know more about your needs and maybe we can offer you a solution that works.

I have heard these BPL speakers & they are not that good. BPL does not manufacture them, they just import these speakers from china (where else) & badge them. Moreover, BPL is not half the company it used to be. In fact now it is sanyo bpl, so find out if these are from the sanyo stable. If they are not, i would advice you to keep away from them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamy450 (Post 440741)
BPL ?? well i never knew they make car audio lol

they even had HU sometime back

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 441082)
I have heard these BPL speakers & they are not that good. BPL does not manufacture them, they just import these speakers from china (where else) & badge them. Moreover, BPL is not half the company it used to be. In fact now it is sanyo bpl, so find out if these are from the sanyo stable. If they are not, i would advice you to keep away from them.

when Sanyo launched there car audio range they only launched the low end of there products and also there is not a good range of sanyo products also....so it is better to stay away from this brand......when there are other brand available....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 440963)
A bit off topic... ever heard of speakers called Dhoom?!! Wierd name... I wonder who buys these... maybe cabbies! I saw a full page adv recently.

there are also some other brands also.....except dhoom.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 440857)
try the regular stuff like pioneer jbl alpine kenwood.....BPL is good for home audio only..............

How different is home audio from car audio. Its still audio. If you like BPL just try and compare them against others. Buy what you like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 441123)
How different is home audio from car audio. Its still audio. If you like BPL just try and compare them against others. Buy what you like.

Not very different. But that said, BPL isn't a godly home audio brand either. But at the price Rs. 1990 etc., the choices are few. There must be something from Ultimate T1 series, and some entry level Sonys and grey market Pioneers. I would somehow recommend JVC over the others I just named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 441057)
Very long ago, I had seen an Ambassador with BPL speakers. I don't remember how they sounded. But it looked very plain.

As you like it so much, I strongly suggest you to give it a try. Yes, I mean audition the speakers. Find out where it is available and try a demo. If you like it, you buy it.
Remember to try speakers of other brands also before you zero in on your favorite.

One of my relatives has system with BPL head unit and speakers, they dont sound that bad for occasional listening. Actually there used to be a BPL factory outlet in Bangalore. I am going to find out if that still exists. Usually they had stuff at 40-50% discounts... I am going to check it out..and will post an update....

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 441075)
Kvish, you got a budget? What do you listen to? let us know more about your needs and maybe we can offer you a solution that works.

These speakers will be put to very rare use. And if at all they would be used, it would be for FM radio only. Basically I dont want loud ones, some with decent quality.I was looking at something for Rs1.5-2K max.... More importantly, car is parked outside...so no security...

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 441082)

Thanks for that input. Yeah BPL is in all sorts of mess!!...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 441125)
Not very different. But that said, BPL isn't a godly home audio brand either. But at the price Rs. 1990 etc., the choices are few. There must be something from Ultimate T1 series, and some entry level Sonys and grey market Pioneers. I would somehow recommend JVC over the others I just named.

Yeah even I was thinking of JVC since the HU is JVC...but I am not able to find the dealers in Bangalore to get the actual pricing...