Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2007, 20:20   #1
BHPian

BPL car speakers?

Hi folks,

The rear speakers in my M800 went bad. I am planning to replace them. It is not used extensively so I am planning to get the cheapest of them. I have been a fan of BPL, they used to make good TVs and my TV has really good sound, so I am assuming they will pump out some decent audible sound with their car speakers too.... So does anyone have experiences with BPL stuff??
BPL - Car Audio - Speaker Systems

I am looking for the cheapest 6x9 available...any other options??

Thanks
Kvish
Old 17th May 2007, 21:10   #2
BHPian

BPL ?? well i never knew they make car audio lol but i would suggest you to go for jbl or sony you can choose for basic level also if u want....

its not necessary that if BPL is good in tv then they will give better car audio too ...i havent used it nor i saw happy users for bpl you need to check buddy
Old 17th May 2007, 23:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

try the regular stuff like pioneer jbl alpine kenwood.....BPL is good for home audio only..............
Old 18th May 2007, 01:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

You have a lot of options in the market like Sony, Pioneer for low budgets. Why don't you stick to these brands rather than searching for the BPL ones which are highly unpopular?
Old 18th May 2007, 02:08   #5
Team-BHP Support

A bit off topic... ever heard of speakers called Dhoom?!! Wierd name... I wonder who buys these... maybe cabbies! I saw a full page adv recently.
Old 18th May 2007, 08:28   #6
BANNED

Very long ago, I had seen an Ambassador with BPL speakers. I don't remember how they sounded. But it looked very plain.

As you like it so much, I strongly suggest you to give it a try. Yes, I mean audition the speakers. Find out where it is available and try a demo. If you like it, you buy it.
Remember to try speakers of other brands also before you zero in on your favorite.
Old 18th May 2007, 09:13   #7
Team-BHP Support

Kvish, you got a budget? What do you listen to? let us know more about your needs and maybe we can offer you a solution that works.
Old 18th May 2007, 09:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have heard these BPL speakers & they are not that good. BPL does not manufacture them, they just import these speakers from china (where else) & badge them. Moreover, BPL is not half the company it used to be. In fact now it is sanyo bpl, so find out if these are from the sanyo stable. If they are not, i would advice you to keep away from them.
Old 18th May 2007, 10:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
BPL ?? well i never knew they make car audio lol
they even had HU sometime back
Old 18th May 2007, 10:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I have heard these BPL speakers & they are not that good. BPL does not manufacture them, they just import these speakers from china (where else) & badge them. Moreover, BPL is not half the company it used to be. In fact now it is sanyo bpl, so find out if these are from the sanyo stable. If they are not, i would advice you to keep away from them.
when Sanyo launched there car audio range they only launched the low end of there products and also there is not a good range of sanyo products also....so it is better to stay away from this brand......when there are other brand available....
Old 18th May 2007, 10:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
A bit off topic... ever heard of speakers called Dhoom?!! Wierd name... I wonder who buys these... maybe cabbies! I saw a full page adv recently.

there are also some other brands also.....except dhoom.....

Old 18th May 2007, 10:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
try the regular stuff like pioneer jbl alpine kenwood.....BPL is good for home audio only..............
How different is home audio from car audio. Its still audio. If you like BPL just try and compare them against others. Buy what you like.
Old 18th May 2007, 10:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
How different is home audio from car audio. Its still audio. If you like BPL just try and compare them against others. Buy what you like.
Not very different. But that said, BPL isn't a godly home audio brand either. But at the price Rs. 1990 etc., the choices are few. There must be something from Ultimate T1 series, and some entry level Sonys and grey market Pioneers. I would somehow recommend JVC over the others I just named.
Old 18th May 2007, 11:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Very long ago, I had seen an Ambassador with BPL speakers. I don't remember how they sounded. But it looked very plain.

As you like it so much, I strongly suggest you to give it a try. Yes, I mean audition the speakers. Find out where it is available and try a demo. If you like it, you buy it.
Remember to try speakers of other brands also before you zero in on your favorite.
One of my relatives has system with BPL head unit and speakers, they dont sound that bad for occasional listening. Actually there used to be a BPL factory outlet in Bangalore. I am going to find out if that still exists. Usually they had stuff at 40-50% discounts... I am going to check it out..and will post an update....

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Kvish, you got a budget? What do you listen to? let us know more about your needs and maybe we can offer you a solution that works.
These speakers will be put to very rare use. And if at all they would be used, it would be for FM radio only. Basically I dont want loud ones, some with decent quality.I was looking at something for Rs1.5-2K max.... More importantly, car is parked outside...so no security...

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Thanks for that input. Yeah BPL is in all sorts of mess!!...
Old 18th May 2007, 11:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Not very different. But that said, BPL isn't a godly home audio brand either. But at the price Rs. 1990 etc., the choices are few. There must be something from Ultimate T1 series, and some entry level Sonys and grey market Pioneers. I would somehow recommend JVC over the others I just named.
Yeah even I was thinking of JVC since the HU is JVC...but I am not able to find the dealers in Bangalore to get the actual pricing...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks