Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 09:06   #61
BHPian

thanks for the input lbm,learned a new thing(red=+tive in electronics.Will wait for Nitin to confirm.
Old 28th December 2009, 09:10   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think the dyns manufacturer thing the people who will buy dyns knows what phase is all about ...LOL
They shoul make it easier for the end user. if the above statement stand true,,what the manufacturer(one that marks terminal)think of the their coustomers:-)
Old 28th December 2009, 10:28   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
By touching the wires, You mean to connect them to the Pencil cell.
Correct. do NOT, I say do NOT at any time feed any DC to the tweeter. a Woofe will have little problem with evena 9VDC signal but a tweeter will go kaput as soon as you complete the connection (a few hardy tweeters from Morel or Dynaudio might survive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
100% exactly spot on - which is why i used the red labelled side as positive for the tweeter and the side with the label on the mid also as positive
phase is relative anyway.
Old 28th December 2009, 12:57   #64
naughty001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
They shoul make it easier for the end user. if the above statement stand true,,what the manufacturer(one that marks terminal)think of the their coustomers:-)
they expect most of their customers to be having it professionally installed, hence there is some information that only a dealer or supplier would know and the dealer training from the manufacturer/importer is supposed to be taking care of this

the problem is when this channel of information gets blocked because the sales levels are low in a particular region hence there isnt much dealer training. For example here in South Africa you are not allowed to deal in Rockford Fosgate products if you dont undergo the dealer training, and those guys sell bucket loads of the product. Dynaudio on the other hand is more specialized so information on their products tend to be more sketchy to the average user

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
phase is relative anyway.
that is the absolute truth

Last edited by naughty001 : 28th December 2009 at 13:00.

Old 5th January 2010, 13:02   #65
naughty001

I spoke to the local supplier of Dynaudio here - he also recommends the 9v cell method to check. He says that my method of using the labels is wrong, so its possible i may have had my speakers installed in incorrect polarities in the past. If i did have those correct it would have been by luck more than anything else

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks