Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 16:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
I dont know what exact frequencies are given to the rears but the upper limit is 125 HZ. Can this damage the speakers ?
I presume you have set the rear speaker output to subwoofer from the function menu. Similar to what the FIE used to do in older Pioneers. This means that you are only sending frequencies upto 125Hz to the rear speakers. This will not damage the speakers as such, but dont turn it up too much expecting them to churn out subwoofer-like bass. I am not sure which rear speakers you are using but could be reasonably sure that the Fs must be 60 Hz or higher.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:44   #32
BHPian

Im using the Ground Zero 6x9s. I have them set up as woofers but, if i feel that its distorting i turn down the level in the subwoofer menu. Currently the sub level is set to -3, the EQ to flat and the Loud to low.

Does Fs mean the lowest frequency the speaker can handle ? If so what would be the Fs for El62s ? Ive set the HPF to 100Hz for the fronts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I presume you have set the rear speaker output to subwoofer from the function menu. Similar to what the FIE used to do in older Pioneers. This means that you are only sending frequencies upto 125Hz to the rear speakers. This will not damage the speakers as such, but dont turn it up too much expecting them to churn out subwoofer-like bass. I am not sure which rear speakers you are using but could be reasonably sure that the Fs must be 60 Hz or higher.

Last edited by adityamunshi : 18th February 2008 at 16:46.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Im using the Ground Zero 6x9s. I have them set up as woofers but, if i feel that its distorting i turn down the level in the subwoofer menu. Currently the sub level is set to -3, the EQ to flat and the Loud to low.
No point playing them in such a small band. They will distort at higher levels because the low frequencies going to them (<50Hz) is not exactly what 6x9s are designed for. I suggest you use them in full range mode with a HPF of 50Hz instead, and use the EQ to give a 1-2 dB boost from the head unit at about 100-160 Hz if you desire a little pronounced midbass.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know what exact frequencies are given to the rears but the upper limit is 125 HZ. Can this damage the speakers ?
Upper limit is 125 HZ. Are you using it as a sub kya if yes how is it driven.
Old 18th February 2008, 17:05   #35
BHPian

@LBM im using the HU to drive the rears. This is what i think im doing

Quote:
Old 19th February 2008, 10:42   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you want a HPF and want to use your HU's amp you can add a bass blocker (simply a pair of 470uf electrolytic caps back to back).
Old 19th February 2008, 10:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I presume you using HPF at 125 hz but how can then the speaker can produce bass.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:02   #38
BHPian

The fronts have HPF set to 100 Hz. The rears are as set up from the subwoofer menu with LPF set to 125 Hz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
So I presume you using HPF at 125 hz but how can then the speaker can produce bass.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

Yaar it is getting confusing here.

You are driving the ovals through the hu. but how can HU run in LPF mode. The speaker channels can only be set as HPF.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You are driving the ovals through the hu. but how can HU run in LPF mode. The speaker channels can only be set as HPF.
Arre LBM sir, he is using the DSD feature of Pioneer head unit. Rear speakers set for subwoofer frequencies. I am sure you are not used to such ideas for driving subs.
Old 19th February 2008, 19:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arre LBM sir, he is using the DSD feature of Pioneer head unit. Rear speakers set for subwoofer frequencies. I am sure you are not used to such ideas for driving subs.
Oh ok ok that is FIE. Front Image Enhancer.
Old 19th February 2008, 20:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh ok ok that is FIE. Front Image Enhancer.
Oh no no. It is DSD - Direct Sub Drive. From function menu, like you can set the rear pre-out to be sub in 2 pre-out HUs, you can also program rear speakers to play subwoofer frequencies. Sorta like the FIE, but with cut-off freq selection, and importantly, the ability to drive a single mono load (like bridging).
Old 19th February 2008, 22:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh no no. It is DSD - Direct Sub Drive. From function menu, like you can set the rear pre-out to be sub in 2 pre-out HUs, you can also program rear speakers to play subwoofer frequencies. Sorta like the FIE, but with cut-off freq selection, and importantly, the ability to drive a single mono load (like bridging).
Yaar I am also getting old now..Navin Ji where are you !!!!
Old 19th February 2008, 23:18   #44
BHPian

LBMji

It is bound to be confusing when a newbie, who has never even listened to a proper sub (like me) tries to expain something about subwoofers to THE low frequency guru of Team BHP.

Quote:

Old 20th February 2008, 00:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBMji

It is bound to be confusing when a newbie, who has never even listened to a proper sub (like me) tries to expain something about subwoofers to THE low frequency guru of Team BHP.
Hahahahaha.

I was a little out of mind and did not gave enough attention. Chalo learning new things which I like the most. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks