Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2022, 23:28   #1

Motevo Infotainment System

Hi Team,

I am new to this Community. First of all, let me express my sincere gratitude to the moderator for letting me into Team BHP.

Please apologize if my query is a repeated one. I am new to this system.

Let me move on with my Query.

I am currently owning Hyundai i20 elite, driving since 6 years. Vehicle is in immaculate condition except the tyres that I imported recently. Since the Yokohama had worn out at 45,000 km, I preferred for Chinese and imported
4 Triangular tyres from Indonesia - 60/195/R15. However, the front tyre started wobbling and centre portion began to wear out and affect the rack and pinion.

This isn't the reason for selling the car. The IDV is falling and the Insurance coverage level as well.
I have test driven XUV 700, Thar, Seltos, Astor, Creta and Harrier. However, landed up on Creta SX - Executive.
This model doesn't come up with Infotainment system. Customer needs to add as accessory. Hyundai(or My showroom) approved models are Sony, Pioneer, Blaupunkt and Motevo.

I preferred Motevo as it comes with extra large 10.25" LCD screen with all current generation features. Quoted price is Rs. 45990 without speakers. Vehicle comes up with inbuild 4 speakers/2 tweeters and steering mounted audio controls. I will be fixing my JBL 4 CH amp of 200w with sub woofer which I am already using.

Can someone throw some lights about Motevo 10.25" Infotainment system or any suggestions for alternate brand(all details) with same screen size?
How reliable this is?
Clarity of sound?
Clarity of Video and reverse camera?
Overall experience?
Attached Thumbnails
Motevo Infotainment System-img20220103wa0025.jpg  

aruncr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 13:02   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Motevo Infotainment System

Definitely not a fly-by-night brand. I see many posts on Motevo and, in fact, Honda endorsed them too (Honda dealers to offer Motevo touchscreen for City).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 13:36   #3
BHPian

Not sure on the brand Motevo, but please be informed that there are a lot of Android Screens available in the accessories market in the range 7000 to 23000 including brands like Nippon. I feel the showroom is just charging the double. Please have a look at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ing-guide.html (The Android Head-Unit buying guide) before going ahead. I personally feel you can save a lot of money by doing a bit of research on the net and in the market. Also a lot of brands are now available on Go Mechanic site too.
RaSing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 13:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Extremely overpriced. The same product is available at a third the price in the market. Scout around. There are plenty of such android based head units in the market, unbranded as well as branded. All are made in China.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 16:45   #5
BHPian

Motevo product that you have shared is overpriced.
In the thread shared by @GTO, last known update is 4 December 2014 which itself shows that its not popular among BHPians.

If you are keen on buying Android OS based head unit, check out other brands which are much cheaper and have more or equal number of features.
Refer to the thread shared by @RaSingh.

IMO, you should go with the branded head units from Sony, Pioneer because there are multiple options for Creta. Sound output quality will always be better than Android based head units.

If you are still wary of installing head units from aftermarket citing void of warranty, I would suggest to install headunit from Hyundai showroom folks and select the brand of your choice that they are referring to barring Motevo.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
However, landed up on Creta SX - Executive. This model doesn't come up with Infotainment system. Customer needs to add as accessory. Hyundai(or My showroom) approved models are Sony, Pioneer, Blaupunkt and Motevo.
SX is supposed to be one of their top trims right? Why doesn't it come with the Infotainment? Weird! Is there a price reduction from Hyundai for not adding Infotainment or not much difference compared to the highest trim? If the price difference justifies adding this aftermarket infotainment then better to buy that higher trim know.
darthvader001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 23:01   #7

2021 SX series Creta's Infotainment system had a chip failure. They took advantage of this and launched new model named SX - Executive which comes without Infotainment system. Later, SX started coming out with modified Infotainment system.
Executive still have Sky roof and Cruise control however, both lacks Diamond cut alloys.
aruncr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 07:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
IMO, you should go with the branded head units from Sony, Pioneer because there are multiple options for Creta. Sound output quality will always be better than Android based head units.
I agree. Recently I upgraded from an old Pioneer CD Player to Pioneer DMH-Z5290BT. The Time Alignment and Auto-EQ itself make a huge difference. Whatever DSP they mention in the Android-based head units, probably might not give the same experience.

Last edited by Kannan : 11th January 2022 at 07:57. Reason: Grammer correction
Kannan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 18:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncr View Post
Hi Team,

I am new to this Community. First of all, let me express my sincere gratitude to the moderator for letting me into Team BHP.

I am currently owning Hyundai i20 elite, driving since 6 years. Vehicle is in immaculate condition except the tyres that I imported recently. Since the Yokohama had worn out at 45,000 km, I preferred for Chinese and imported
4 Triangular tyres from Indonesia - 60/195/R15. However, the front tyre started wobbling and centre portion began to wear out and affect the rack and pinion.

This isn't the reason for selling the car. The IDV is falling and the Insurance coverage level as well.
I have test driven XUV 700, Thar, Seltos, Astor, Creta and Harrier. However, landed up on Creta SX - Executive.
This model doesn't come up with Infotainment system. Customer needs to add as accessory. Hyundai(or My showroom) approved models are Sony, Pioneer, Blaupunkt and Motevo.

I preferred Motevo as it comes with extra large 10.25" LCD screen with all current generation features. Quoted price is Rs. 45990 without speakers. Vehicle comes up with inbuild 4 speakers/2 tweeters and steering mounted audio controls. I will be fixing my JBL 4 CH amp of 200w with sub woofer which I am already using.

Can someone throw some lights about Motevo 10.25" Infotainment system or any suggestions for alternate brand(all details) with same screen size?
How reliable this is?
Clarity of sound?
Overall experience?
Hi. So I think clarity of sound and reverse camera won't depend on the Infotainment because camera is fitted already and the projection will be more or less same on brands you mentioned. The speakers are also pre-installed (which btw, I am told, are not Arkamys which one gets in smaller/cheaper cars such as i20 and Verna). So the only consideration remains is video quality. I would say none of the above will disappoint you but here is something you may like to consider:
A. An item worth Rs. 40,000+ will come with only a year's warranty, whereas default/pre-installed infotainment can have warranty of upto 5 years if extended. Now one may argue that more expensive phones these days don't get more than 1 year warranty but one doesn't replace cars like phones. I know I am digressing from the question but do consider this.
B. One solution which I had proposed to my prospective Hyundai dealer was that they give me 3 years warranty, if I agree to get it company fitted. It was a deal which the dealer had agreed to consider if we sat across the table but I myself was not 100% convinced of it, so I let go.

I do not think you will have the option of getting it fitted from outside because the nightmare of warranty being void may haunt you. Try to negotiate deal B and pick whichever the dealer is offering.
kaustubhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 23:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Team,

How reliable this is?
Clarity of sound?
Overall experience?

Hello! Congrats on the new car.

Most Android Headunits have tinny sound signatures, poor service backup and lacklustre interfaces. While I have not personally used Motevo as a brand, I am quite sure they are using run off the mill components from a Chinese factory and producing this replica of the OEM headunit that Hyundai provides. I have recently junked a similar replica Android from a cousin's 2019 Creta and put in the stock player as a stopgap. The sound quality just dramatically improved even with a 6 year old Stock HU!

If you are someone who prefers quality sound and a dependable interface over a display which plays movies and Youtube music(highly unsafe and illegal, i might add), then go for an Android unit. These screen sizes are just gimmicks.

I would recommend the Sony XAV-8000 OR Pioneer DMH-5290BT instead of these cheap replicas.
Branded Manufacturers focus on Audio quality and have a proven track record for using quality components which make their products reliable.
While the Sony unit gives you a larger display and fits really well with a dash kit, the Pioneer unit is the go to choice for audiophiles on a budget due to features like Time Alignment, Detailed Equalisers etc. Both these units benefit from Preouts for your subwoofer which is better than having an external Converter and tampering with your wiring.

And the best part is that both these units cost half of what the Showroom guys are offering.
Don't worry about warranty insist on using couplers for your stock harness (Easily available funder Rs.500) and you will not have any alterations to your factory wiring.

You could get two decent pairs of components in the 47,000 Rs along with the Headunit !
Don't buy a Car Headunit for its display, it's not a TV, you are not going to look at the screen while driving but you will listen to the audio 100% of the time, focus on audio components.

Last edited by Jag4 : 25th January 2022 at 23:50.
Jag4 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 23:53   #11
BHPian

Quote:
2021 SX series Creta's Infotainment system had a chip failure. They took advantage of this and launched new model named SX - Executive which comes without Infotainment system. Later, SX started coming out with modified Infotainment system.
Executive still have Sky roof and Cruise control however, both lacks Diamond cut alloys.
First time I've heard of this chip failure.

I read Hyundai was focusing on getting the Alcazar out which uses the same unit and there is a global semi conductor shortage so they just used a blanking plate and reduced the price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks