Team-BHP - Cochin goes High-Tech!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Cochin goes High-Tech! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/24943-cochin-goes-high-tech-6.html)

Hi Sam congrats on the store , its really amazing to see such a well setup shop in Cochin , i will sure drop in during my next trip to Kerala, as i will be passing right by your shop on my way home( trivandrum ) and back

Quote:

Originally Posted by archangel (Post 472233)
visited the store today. very nice setup. friendly customerservice.

there was this noise canceling headphone from jbl which would be very useful for my job. but the price tag is around 8k.:Frustrati

Hello! That is one of the best quality headphones you would be able to buy below 10K!

Customer service is great! Many seems to be impressed just because of that. It is that great! Good work team!

Hydra picked up a Pio Steering remote for me. Well, Sam's name gave him a discount. He got it for 1400Rs

I was quoted 1950rs for the same product at Car Palace, Trivandrum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 481242)
Hydra picked up a Pio Steering remote for me. Well, Sam's name gave him a discount. He got it for 1400Rs

Good, I am glad you got a good price. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 481242)

I got it for Rs.1,300 from the same shop! And then we cribbed about the fact that Nikkibike got it for Rs.1,100 on the first day - Zak told us this AFTER we paid Rs.1,300, and knocked off another 100 on the price by paying Rs.40 for a car freshner that was retailing for Rs.140.

So technically we got it for Rs.1,200.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 481269)
I got it for Rs.1,300 from the same shop! And then we cribbed about the fact that Nikkibike got it for Rs.1,100 on the first day - Zak told us this AFTER we paid Rs.1,300, and knocked off another 100 on the price by paying Rs.40 for a car freshner that was retailing for Rs.140.

So technically we got it for Rs.1,200.

Yeah and he gave him the discount rather happily after Steer treated him to a full-blown audition of GMD & Hotel Kerala-Fonia infront of all present :D

Went to the shop last Saturday....:)

The Home Theater systems are amazing. The 5.1 systems had awesome SQ especially with DVD movies. The Demo boys were also quite cooperative.

But I was 100% disappointed with the PC Multimedia speakers mainly because of it's exorbitant price tag. The 2.1 systems although looked ravishing, I felt that it was not VFM or had the required SQ when compared to the systems from Altec Lansing/Logitech/Artis/Creative in the similar price range.

The ICE/Accesorry section was also quite pleasing with everything neatly arranged. But I felt that the salespersons were pushing the JVC HU's even after I had insisted them that I liked Pio better. Also I didn't liked the way they had handled the demo CD's. The unbranded CD's had loads of scratches & dirt on them. But they were quite accommodative and gave ear to all my queries.

@Mithun. I am quiet surprised to hear that you didn't like the PC multimedia range. It may be due to listening preferences.
In the multimedia section, JBL is a very niche, much sought after and higher brand. Particularly the soundsticks and some other models.
If you listen to music for long on your PC, then these are the ones which will produce least fatigue. And That's where the prime difference is.
The practicality, versatility and usability of these speakers are also superb when compared to many. And so is the build quality.

And the reason why showroom guys trying to push JVC is due to the fact that you get a JVC HU with B&W for what you might pay for the Grey Pio. And also the fact that they might be the prime dealers of JVC. ;)

And having scratched discs for demo is good. As I've seen many customers asking about the capability of the HUs playing scratched discs. What else is better than showing them the real thing?

Hello, I'm not a JBL fan nor I get paid by Sameer Singh Kasapi. I'm just putting my views here and I could be very much wrong too. :D

A great showroom. Neatly organised and the best thing? Nothing hidden behind glass windows etc.. Everything is out for display and we can touch and feel anyhting before we make a decision. Feels like being to an international store.
I don't know much about the SQ etc... But JBL Multimedia speakers looks great!

I also quite liked the way the JBL (and H-K) iPod docks sounded. For the size of the drivers (and the handiness of the docks), they sound quite good. Same for the "Monster", the "Encounter" (? the ones with the alien-like satellites) and the "Soundsticks". I didn't listen to any others. I must agree that the Soundsticks do have a pretty exotic flavour to their sound but they sound quite nice to me.

It is good to see that somebody is trying to push JVC. They must be probably the most (unfairly) un-marketed brand of entry-to-medium HUs. I think they are very VFM (features-wise) + Quality with B&W unlike other brands in that category.

Visited the store on Saturday... to my bad luck the power supply went off and so couldnt listen to any of the setups they had there...

Anyways ended up buying a GTO series 5" component speakers for my Palio...they are too good....now I will have to change my entire speaker setup to live up to the JBLs...

also bought a pioneer steering mounted remote...all came to 6.6K...for the kind of service and fitting I got, I think the money is well spend...

nice showroom. it's kinda near my place. i 2 want to buy pioneer steering mounted remote. is the remote compatable with all pioneer mp3 players. mine is a 4950. can hydrashok get me discount too? hehehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnuvijay (Post 498207)
nice showroom. it's kinda near my place. i 2 want to buy pioneer steering mounted remote. is the remote compatable with all pioneer mp3 players. mine is a 4950. can hydrashok get me discount too? hehehehe

Everyone that goes to this shop seems to be buying a Pioneer Steering Mounted Remote.

@Steer: the steering mounted remote is soon gonna be out of stock....it sells like hot cake...
a bit tricky to operate though...hard to get it in range with the HU...

Great showroom Sam, any plans for Chennai, would love to partner with you in any venture in Chennai