Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:06   #16
BWN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@BWN, since you are in Hamburg - check if you can reach someone working at Blaupunkt Hildesheim. You could check out stuff at Für Uns - the shop for employees. Might be able to check out and get Blau powered subs and other stuff from there.
I would surely check with Blaupunkt Hildesheim and try to get some info.Thanks mate.
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:19   #17
BWN
BHPian

Guys, Just checked up Blaupunkt india site Longbeach DVD35(Las Vegas in europe).It has a DVD region code 1.I am getting confused now.India falls under Region code 5, but how are the selling DVD player with Code 1 in india.

Last edited by BWN : 23rd June 2007 at 15:24.
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
@LBM - Just curious to know, how will it fail to make an impact in a car when it sounds good in a 10x10 room while playing Ipod ?
I must say that you can try the same and let all of us know that how it performed...
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Just checked up Blaupunkt india site Longbeach DVD35(Las Vegas in europe).It has a DVD region code 1.I am getting confused now.India falls under Region code 5, but how are the selling DVD player with Code 1 in india.
Not completely sure about it, but usually the Region Code is user settable, at least once (my Toshiba laptop DVD drive has that peculiarity; the LG DVD player that I have doesn't; most of the home DVD players in India are either preset or set-once). The default is 1 (US). You need to check with Blau about this - whether it is set-once or is it freely settable. Avoid if it is set-once.

When I had bought my DVD player I had gone around checking (since the show-room guys never know) with a set of DVDs bought in US, Germany and India - LG was the only one that played all of them.
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:58   #20
BWN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
When I had bought my DVD player I had gone around checking (since the show-room guys never know) with a set of DVDs bought in US, Germany and India - LG was the only one that played all of them.
I have bought Phillips and denon DVD players from germany and they play all DVD's in india.So i wonder how it will be for Blaupunkt HU's.I think these will be Pre-set becasue Indian site shows Region 1 and European site is 2.
Old 24th June 2007, 00:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have bought Phillips and denon DVD players from germany and they play all DVD's in india.So i wonder how it will be for Blaupunkt HU's.I think these will be Pre-set becasue Indian site shows Region 1 and European site is 2.
I think you dont need to worry on this part as there hardly any DVD which will not play due to region code problem also most of the player have there region code unlocked and they can play all DVDs with out any problems....
Old 24th June 2007, 21:44   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@LBM - Just curious to know, how will it fail to make an impact in a car when it sounds good in a 10x10 room while playing Ipod ?
1. In your room you have room gain
2. in the car you have to compensate for road noise.
Old 25th June 2007, 00:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. In your room you have room gain
2. in the car you have to compensate for road noise.
Also the creative sub will not be more than 10-15 watts with load of distortion at that level also...
Old 25th June 2007, 22:49   #24
BWN
BHPian

Thanks folks.

I have shortlisted 4 models as of now.

1.Sony MEX-R1 - 13k approx - Does it play all region DVD's
2.SonyMEX-DV1000 - 250 Euros - 13 k approx - Multi Codec but no USB.
3.Jvc KD-DV-6201 or 4201 - Has USB but not sure if it will play all regions.

Pls suggest
Old 1st July 2007, 01:14   #25
BWN
BHPian

Can anyone pls advice if i can buy Sony MEX-DV1000.Manual says its "MULTI CODEC".The salesman says it might play all region DVD's but i want to make sure befor I buy it.

Sony India site has no details of this model yet.suggestion needed urgently as i might come to india in a weeks time.Can anyone tell me the price for this model in india.? Here it is 250 euros
Old 1st July 2007, 02:45   #26
BANNED

Don't worry a lot about the Region code issue. Most of the pirated dvds are sold on global region!
And if you won't to be very strict on piracy issues and have watched the unpirated version of Pirates of the carribean, then Global region coded Dvds are available in original packs too. Yes, I mean the official way as the Music/Movie industry wants it.

Multi codec normally means DivX etc.. You may check with the dealer or web. But some will get more confused with the web and get tangled in it. So, would recommend you to speak to a knowledgable sales person at a showroom wherever you are.

Sony MEX R1s are a good bargain here. The time it takes to recognise a disc sometimes make you reach your destination. LOL!

Seriously, why are you so much interested in having Video in your car? I have been there once and regretted a bit. So, the reason to ask! Can you please explain why?
Old 1st July 2007, 09:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone pls advice if i can buy Sony MEX-DV1000.Manual says its "MULTI CODEC".The salesman says it might play all region DVD's but i want to make sure befor I buy it.

Sony India site has no details of this model yet.suggestion needed urgently as i might come to india in a weeks time.Can anyone tell me the price for this model in india.? Here it is 250 euros
Thats pricey. If I'm not mistaken, the DV1000 retails here for Rs 13K and the DV2000 for Rs 17k. Though the DV2000 is available in the grey market for around Rs 10k.
Old 1st July 2007, 13:41   #28
BWN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Seriously, why are you so much interested in having Video in your car? I have been there once and regretted a bit. So, the reason to ask! Can you please explain why?
A very good question indeed....... I would be doing weekend travel to my home town(approx 500 kms both ways) everymonth and a video screen with some movies would reduce the fatigue for my family atleast.Moreover, its an upgrade from the majority.No other special reasosn
Old 1st July 2007, 13:42   #29
BWN
BHPian

@ Gunbir - Thanks, I will buy it in india i think.
Old 1st July 2007, 15:27   #30
BANNED

Headrest screens are the way!

Quote:
A very good question indeed....... I would be doing weekend travel to my home town(approx 500 kms both ways) every month and a video screen with some movies would reduce the fatigue for my family atleast. Moreover, its an upgrade from the majority. No other special reason
In this case I would recommend you Headrest screens. They withstand most of the vibrations and will not cause a lot of strain on the eyes. It is least intruding for the driver too. Get a good DVD HU and mate it to 2 headrest screens and your family will remain happy. Especially kids.

500kms in total? That's too little for a proper movie when driving a Baleno! Ain't it? But Mr. Bean and Tom and Jerry etc.. will do!

But I would still recommend you to think again about that upgrade from majority thingy! Most of the taxis here has DVDs/VCDs and screens all over the place. So, it ain't a fancy upgrade here but sometimes looked down upon if not done perfectly.
Headrest screens also gives a professional touch to the install.

Yes, all my gyan!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks