Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 21:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia L&K loses 11 speaker + subwoofer Canton sound system

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Do you really believe this?

I know many automobile CEOs are constantly talking about chip shortages and even simple chips like the Raspberry Pi compute modules are in short supply but the chips used for automobiles, DSPs, and RPis aren't super-sophisticated requiring the latest technology.
Trust me, this is really the case with automotive supply chain as of now. Suppliers are taking Auto manufacturers for a ride and this has become the time where the manufacturer has to listen to the supplier. I'm not talking about Skoda but a different manufacturer and it's come to the point where the manufacturer has to take what the supplier has to offer, just to ensure that the production keeps going and demand is met. Its not about the complexity of the technology that is causing this issue but rather the different tiers in this supply chain and their own priorities and bottlenecks. So the manufacturers are literally left to scavenge on what's provided to them. Unfortunately I cannot elaborate further, but it's a very alarming situation.

Last edited by audioholic : 28th October 2022 at 21:15.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 20:54   #17
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia L&K loses 11 speaker + subwoofer Canton sound system

Quote:
Originally Posted by konguraajaa View Post
I am hearing rumors that the Canton could be removed from the superb as well. Got this information from a local dealer and also a post on TBHP (on Kodiaq review).
Since Kodiaq is set to continue in 2023 and Octavia, Superb are getting discontinued by Q1- 2023, this sounds like a move to increase the margin on these models as much as possible.
Fortunately, no such removal on my March’23 delivered Superb L&K. That sound system truly is worth the extra money.

Most Viewed