Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 23:07   #1

hi to all guru's - Q on adding a Subwoofer to existing setup

hi my name is ajay doing graduation in london ,recently we purchased a paliostile 1.6 and we installed pioneer head unit with speakers and i am the one among who loves bass so much and i dont no wat is an ICE and how it is installed ,i want a single subwoofer in my car so can u say that how i can connect to my present headunit
Old 5th July 2007, 23:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

for this you would require a amp and sub. First what is your budget and second which HU you currently have.
Old 5th July 2007, 23:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

First of all Welcome to Tbhp.

As lbm told you will have to buy amp and sub. But what is your current setup right now and what is your budget ??
Old 6th July 2007, 01:16   #4

I had a pioneer head unit which delivers 300watts and i dont no the exact serial number of it and my budgetis around 15k ,and the main thing is i want to use the boot space for converting to CNG so can i install subwoofer between the speakers on back of seat and will be any change in affect of it
Old 6th July 2007, 05:00   #5
BANNED

hey Ajay, welcome to India and Team-BHP.
i am no guru, but i would like to post my opinions..
do we have a pioneer HU which delivers 300 watts??
if you install a CNG kit, i doubt you'll be able to install a woofer, definately not in a box and a free air woofer won't give you what your are looking for!

Houston, we have a problem.
Old 6th July 2007, 08:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

@ajji, of course you can put a sub behind the seat above the CNG tank - I presume you mean the large cylinder than looks like the old large electric geysers / water heaters.

I am sure once you select a sub-woofer (on price & performance) the ICE gurus can tell you the internal volume and type of the box (ported or sealed) that needs to be made. After that, it is a matter of a bit of geometry and telling a carpenter what to make.

I can visualize a long trapezoidal box mounted flush with the back seat above the CNG tank, with the sub-amp mounted on the side of the boot.

You could also have the sub on a parcel-shelf, but that creates other problems.

This is just the start, @ajji, aage aage dekho hota hai kya!
Old 6th July 2007, 09:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajji View Post
I had a pioneer head unit which delivers 300watts and i dont no the exact serial number of it and my budgetis around 15k ,and the main thing is i want to use the boot space for converting to CNG so can i install subwoofer between the speakers on back of seat and will be any change in affect of it

Check this out... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ng-santro.html
Old 6th July 2007, 09:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
do we have a pioneer HU which delivers 300 watts??
Is pioneer going high power with class-D amps? Something like panasonic HU discussed some time back, here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...tml#post249899

(It has that kind of specs- 70Wx4=280W peak and 31Wx4 @ 4ohm, 1%THD+N...which is great for an HU)
Old 6th July 2007, 12:29   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajji View Post
I had a pioneer head unit which delivers 300watts and i dont no the exact serial number of it and my budgetis around 15k
for an amp and a sub atleast one pre out (preferably one that can be used as a sub out) is preferable. If your HU has this then all you need to do is get an amp and a sub. If not you'll have to get a speaker level to pre amp level adapter.

Amp: The PIo D510 is a great amp for 10K
Sub: Pio makes a FREE AIR sub that you can get. For this you will need to get a new MDF rear deck and then you can use your free air install idea.

Free air subs BOOM a lot so dont expect tight defined bass but expect it to be LOUD.

If you want bass that is not BOOMY youd need a better sub in a nice sealed box. You would need about 1.5 cu. ft. gross volume (or 1 cu. ft net volume) for the box. A pic or 2 of your trunk may give us aidea where we can stuff this box.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks