Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 14:39   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
i was wondering abt that..wont the painting damage stuff... paint blocking the heat sinks vents etc..I guess only the pros SHOULD even attempt it....
well next i guess we wud be seeing a painted HU..
SK,

In the process no vents have been blocked. There are no vents on Audison SRx's to block. the plastic parts / trims (black color) were removed for paint. the main heat sink are was masked to paint along with the red color surface.

The guys who did this are the professionals with decades of experience in painting exotics like Benz's, Bimmer's, Porsche's, Bentleys, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's etc. etc.
Old 20th July 2007, 15:09   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Gunbir: In the case of the Vrx amps, even the heat sinks have been painted. This must be some special paint, right? Or else, regular paint will send the heat dissipation for a toss.
VRx amplifiers have very heavy duty heat sinks. We have operated VRx amplifiers rated for 2 ohm in 1 ohm load without any problems (thermal shutdown / protection etc) in heat of Delhi Summer, that too without using any forced cooling.

In the picture, the three VRx amplifiers are using MAC 2 cooling modules (Forced Cooling System) behind the trims (with the raised "audison" written on them in silver). The cooling fans sits behind the perforated silver trims blowing the air through the length of amplifier heatsinks.
Old 20th July 2007, 15:20   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think it is a demo car and the paint job is just for bling bling only..
Sorry LBM but unfortunately no its not a demo car - I think that if I had to do a demo car I could come up with something a lot more "bling" as you put it.

As for the difference between bling and style, its something which some of us get and some don't...........................
Old 20th July 2007, 15:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post

hi gunbir/jb,

just noticed one thing so thought ill ask. do both the sub enclosures have the same volume? from the pics it seems both the enclosures are quite different in shape and size. if they are not equal, wont it affect the sq?

i mean no offence but i didnt quite like the overall finish of the enclosures. on the left sub, in the last pic you can see the top left corner is jutting out and on the right its flush. also the rest of the corners and the wall edges on the right side enclosure are not so smooth. maybe it could be because of the pics and looks better when you see it in person.

cheers
clip
Old 20th July 2007, 15:37   #50
Team-BHP Support

I would assume both boxs have about the same volume since both boxes are sealed a small difference in volume wont make a significant difference in F3 anyway.
Old 20th July 2007, 15:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi gunbir/jb,

just noticed one thing so thought ill ask. do both the sub enclosures have the same volume? from the pics it seems both the enclosures are quite different in shape and size. if they are not equal, wont it affect the sq?

i mean no offence but i didnt quite like the overall finish of the enclosures. on the left sub, in the last pic you can see the top left corner is jutting out and on the right its flush. also the rest of the corners and the wall edges on the right side enclosure are not so smooth. maybe it could be because of the pics and looks better when you see it in person.

cheers
clip
Both the subwoofer boxes are identical in volume with the difference of just 0.25 Litres which is negligible.

You mentioned the corner coming out of the flush line, it was important to stick out the panel a little bit to accomodate the depth of the subwoofer. The subwoofer boxes actually extend beyond what you see as boot floor level into the cavities on each side.

You are right it looks much better in person.
Old 20th July 2007, 15:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
on the left sub, in the last pic you can see the top left corner is jutting out and on the right its flush.
I think Autophile missed your point. You are referring to the left side enclosure having the left side top corner protruding a bit outside while he is talking about the overall depth of the enclosure. I observe that while the left side top corner protrudes a bit, the right bottom corner is a bit inset. I think it would all be levelled if the top left corner is pushed in a bit (or the right bottom pulled out). Maybe the pic was taken before all the fine cosmetic adjustments.
Old 20th July 2007, 17:32   #53
BHPian

but whatever anybody might think....the 3 Vrx's on top of each other are perfect DROOL material... they are lookig hot... ferrari red hot...
Old 20th July 2007, 17:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukul View Post
Sorry LBM but unfortunately no its not a demo car - I think that if I had to do a demo car I could come up with something a lot more "bling" as you put it.

As for the difference between bling and style, its something which some of us get and some don't...........................
Sir I was refering to this one.. Not the one you have done..

Old 20th July 2007, 20:37   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I think Autophile missed your point. You are referring to the left side enclosure having the left side top corner protruding a bit outside while he is talking about the overall depth of the enclosure. I observe that while the left side top corner protrudes a bit, the right bottom corner is a bit inset. I think it would all be levelled if the top left corner is pushed in a bit (or the right bottom pulled out). Maybe the pic was taken before all the fine cosmetic adjustments.
hi,

yes, you are right. i was referring to the left enclosures top left corner.

jb, was the pic taken prior to cosmetic adjustments? and sorry to use that word(jutting) the proper word wasn't coming to my mind at that time. i hope i didn't offend you in any way.

i have seen Mr. Mukuls installs here on tbhp earlier and i find the work done by him is top notch every time so thats why i was a little concerned about the finish and if you say its ok then i believe it is. and please dont think im nitpicking here but in the pic it seems the left subwoofer is not centred properly, the logo is tilted a little towards the left it seems, but could be because of the angle at which the pic is taken. ill again say i mean no offense :-)

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 20th July 2007 at 20:47.
Old 21st July 2007, 10:25   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...but in the pic it seems the left subwoofer is not centred properly, the logo is tilted a little towards the left it seems...
You are right. It does seem that way but it wont affect the sound in anyway.
Old 21st July 2007, 11:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You are right. It does seem that way but it wont affect the sound in anyway.
i know it will not affect sq. but why the tilt?what im trying to say is in an install like this(at this level), it should have been taken care of. i mean, after spending a good amount on the install one wouldn't want any imperfections.

cheers
clip
Old 21st July 2007, 11:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i know it will not affect sq. but why the tilt?what im trying to say is in an install like this(at this level), it should have been taken care of. i mean, after spending a good amount on the install one wouldn't want any imperfections.

cheers
clip
O mere Uncle Tom, that enclosure was yet to be pushed and secured into place. If you look carefully the subs have some dust on them too, as it wasn't cleaned yet, let alone finished. And maybe you can tell, this time the pics weren't taken by me or JB.
Old 21st July 2007, 13:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
O mere Uncle Tom, that enclosure was yet to be pushed and secured into place. If you look carefully the subs have some dust on them too, as it wasn't cleaned yet, let alone finished. And maybe you can tell, this time the pics weren't taken by me or JB.
o mere gunnu baba, thanks for letting me know. but what about the tilt thing? the id logo on the sub?

yes i can tell, the pics are too, how do i explain? like over exposed? they are not upto your standards.

cheers
clip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks